2.65 rpm stealth conversion intrest.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

tommygun89hb

2.65 rpm stealth conversion intrest.

Post by tommygun89hb »

I am judging interest to see if anyone would interested in these. But before I get to far ahead of myself let me explain.

I contacted RPM to see if they had one laying around and they said they didn't
I then said would they be interested in remaking them and good news they said they would love to do this but it is really expensive.
and he gave me the number and yes it is expensive. so I'm here seeing if there is any interest.

This could go 2 ways I get enough committed buyers and I front the money. after I have recived the money of the people that are interested and ship them out

or we do a group buy with all transactions going through pay pal so there is a transaction record.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: 2.65 rpm stealth conversion intrest.

Post by Charlie don't surf »

tommygun89hb wrote:I am judging interest to see if anyone would interested in these. But before I get to far ahead of myself let me explain.

I then said would they be interested in remaking them and good news they said they would love to do this but it is really expensive.
and he gave me the number and yes it is expensive. so I'm here seeing if there is any interest.

This could go 2 ways I get enough committed buyers and I front the money. after I have recived the money of the people that are interested and ship them out

or we do a group buy with all transactions going through pay pal so there is a transaction record.
Firstly, we don't allow "pre-sales" here in the B/S/T or otherwise. But for arguments sake, you would probably want to actually disclose the dollar figure you need to come up with, because that would help determine if it was possible or not.

Lastly, AE is supposedly re-releasing the stealth transmission which could help or hurt this idea in the long run, I've run the 2.65 conversion and in my opinion- it really is a lot more maintenance than the 2.25 due to gear mesh with the tiny top-shaft, so the benefits are all used up.

tommygun89hb

Post by tommygun89hb »

Sorry my apologies I was looking at it as more of a benifical thing more than personal gain. RPM said that ite would take 200-300 dollars to prep the mold and then it would be 21 dollars per part is what I understood.

Again I though tis would be more of beneficial thing then a personal gain.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

That's not a huge number, easily do-able.

tommygun89hb

Post by tommygun89hb »

yah its not a huge number if there are are a couple of people. but one person to run just one that is expensive lol

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

That's not bad. How about a revised topshaft for the B4/B44 slipper while we're at it? :lol:

maruirc

Post by maruirc »

tommygun89hb wrote:I am judging interest to see if anyone would interested in these. But before I get to far ahead of myself let me explain.

Why don't you keep your eyes open and buy one on Ebay. That's where I found mine.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

RichieRich wrote:That's not bad. How about a revised topshaft for the B4/B44 slipper while we're at it? :lol:

+1

I'd be in if that were possible.

slvrback
Approved Member

Post by slvrback »

tommygun89hb wrote:Sorry my apologies I was looking at it as more of a benifical thing more than personal gain. RPM said that ite would take 200-300 dollars to prep the mold and then it would be 21 dollars per part is what I understood.

Again I though tis would be more of beneficial thing then a personal gain.
At 21per unit I would be interested.. And they don't come along to often on fleabay. Normally with a truck installed..

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

I'd buy at least 1 for my Andy's truck :mrgreen:
-Kevin

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Had no idea they quit making these. Bought mine years ago and use it in my RC-10 runner.

tommygun89hb

Post by tommygun89hb »

it would be a little more than 21 dollars to cover the mold fee but the mor people we get the cheaper it will be.

maruirc

Post by maruirc »

It comes down to supply and demand. RPM has decided not to make them since The RC 10T is discontinued. So the demand is now low. Your chace's of making this happen are slim to none. If RPM dosen't want to take the chance and make it again? They know alot more than you do about what is going on. So why don't you stop pushing a dead dog around and move on. The only way this would hasppen is if you pay to have it done and sell them off your self. :P

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Charlie don't surf wrote: Lastly, AE is supposedly re-releasing the stealth transmission which could help or hurt this idea in the long run, I've run the 2.65 conversion and in my opinion- it really is a lot more maintenance than the 2.25 due to gear mesh with the tiny top-shaft, so the benefits are all used up.
thats what i was thinking.. it seems like the 2.65rpm trans is getting alot of talk these days and i dont get it.. ill take the 2.25 over the rpm 2.65 any day..people are running brushless 6 gears and i think that trans a 1.95 ratio. so the 2.25 stealth should be fine.. id wait for the rere stealth and build up a stock one . if you want to go nuts add a b4 top shaft, thats what all the kids are doing these days 8)

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

Tommygun When and if you get buy sell trade access i will sell you my RPM TRANS CASE AND TOP SHAFT.iT WAS BUILT AND PUT ON A SHELFER NEVER RUN.sO CONTACT ME WHEN YOU DO GAIN ACCESS TO bst section.DON