YZ10, full rebuild!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Re: YZ10, full rebuild!

Post by DerbyDan »

Nice one Lee! 8) - the number stickers are such a noticable feature on Masami's original bodyshell, the shell looks dark around the window area without them.

Oh yeah - I forgot to add, they are original era correct BRCA stickers - leftovers from the numbers box in the cupboard at Kettering Model Car Club :wink:

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Razorsharp -
Gone fishing

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Dan, agreed, they add so much to the shell and wow, even better that they are original, sorry buddy, i thought you made them, so, there is a bit of heritage to come with them, from the VERY good old days!

lee

sheriff
Approved Member

Post by sheriff »

Stunning buddy! Do you have a display cabinet for your cars, or shelves??

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Thanks sheriff! Well my cars right now share my hobby room, which is our spare room vacated by our eldest now at University........if he comes back, half his room is gone.....and filled with Dads toys lol.....come on, its not all bad eh? LOL.

Oh this arrived today, won on the auction site for a silly price, hope it all works (ill need a Novak repair man if it doesn't hehe) lol, its something I've wanted in the Yoke for a while.

bests........lee

sheriff
Approved Member

Post by sheriff »

Dedicated hobby room, lucky! My son was 1 yesterday, so I might get a hobby room in about 18 years!

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

sheriff wrote:Dedicated hobby room, lucky! My son was 1 yesterday, so I might get a hobby room in about 18 years!
Very lucky mate, we have a tiny house, so when the other half suggested it, as it was a wasted room for the next few years, well, I've wanted a bit of space for the toys for a while, mind you, our eldest just shakes his head, and says "another car Dad?" lol.

lee

moto-steve
Approved Member

Post by moto-steve »

Very nice yokomo, and the hobby room is sweet :D
Lifes to short not to play with toys.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Cheers buddy, welcome to the boards!

lee

sludgeguts
Approved Member

Post by sludgeguts »

Great job you've done on restoring it. One of the nicest YZ10s I've ever seen and an inspiration for me to crack on with mine, although mine will never be as nice :D

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Thanks buddy, TBH much of the car was super when i got it, aesthetically nice shall we say? It was the whole drivetrain that was scrap, but that soon got sorted, its a new car now, ill maybe get buried with this one, ill never get back what it owes me lol.
Its pretty much a spot on emulation of what i ran back in the day Sludge, just need to fit the Cyclone, maybe hunt down a 713 KO servo, and its close, apart from the foams we ran on most weekends lol.
Its why i don't have the TCS unit fitted, as i didn't have one BITD, may part that out as it goes, as ill never use it.

lee

sludgeguts
Approved Member

Post by sludgeguts »

Nice one. I'm aiming for vintage electrics in mine (other than radio gear). Just picked up a silly cheap Cyclone off Ebay. Haven't received it yet so I hope it works.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Yeah, the cyclone is a must lol. Im sorted for Novaks, really wanted a period 27mhz Polaris receiver, used to run one, but there hard to get now, and id want it mint or NIP.
Even though ill now not run this, its nice to go back in time lol, struggled for cells though, found some NIP unbuilt top spec 2400's, but 1700 and 2000's were a pig to find.

lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

FInally......finally, got the time to install the Cyclone, i fitted the cap via some small gauge wiring to keep things neater, and fitted Corally style connectors as i hate Deans plugs etc.

lee

sludgeguts
Approved Member

Post by sludgeguts »

That's a very neat install Lee. I wish I did mine as neat as that but the power cap on my Cyclone is huge so I had to mount mine length ways down the chassis as it fouled the belt mounted transversely.

I noticed your Cyclone has the the word 'Cyclone' written in purple and the one in my YZ10 has the word written in blue. Wasn't one designed for on road use?