YZ10, full rebuild!

The place for all things Yokomo.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

ralphee
Approved Member

YZ10, full rebuild!

Post by ralphee »

Was lucky enough to trawl Oople the other day and find this, too good to miss, seeing as i was scouring Ebay with no joy.
Have to say a huge thankyou to Scott for doing a great deal and i cant wait to take delivery.
Already have some spare rims for dyeing paid for, and a repro shell enroute for a homebrew Masami paintjob, now to find the period radio gear i used way back to make my journey back in time complete, Novak Polaris, Explorer ESC, and a KO 713 FET servo.......i didnt have amazing gear way back lol, think i even bought my first Cyclone used!

bests............lee

cyberfox
Approved Member

Re: Stoked, YZ10 score, Thank CATS!

Post by cyberfox »

beautiful body! 8)

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Cheers bud, i thought so too, its really retro, i like the designs these days, but, old school bodies, really turn my head more, so i chose this shell to adorn till i get to painting a Masami job of my own.
Think i may try making some decals from scans if i can find them too, see how i go.

lee

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Great start to the collection.
:shock:

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Nice purchase!

I look forward to seeing how you get on with painting a Masami style shell, I did one for my YZ-10 & it was a right biatch to mask - i'm sure someone with more skill with a scalpal & liquid mask would find it easier. Having said that I love the 'rising sun' style shell currently sitting on your car 8)

I wondered about the wing on this car when Scott first posted pictures of it - the side fins look different to a normal Yokomo moulded spoiler?

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

I can guarantee that yoke will be the first of many they are addictive!. Now you'll need a MX4, 91, 870oC etc :mrgreen:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

DerbyDan wrote:Nice purchase!

I look forward to seeing how you get on with painting a Masami style shell, I did one for my YZ-10 & it was a right biatch to mask - i'm sure someone with more skill with a scalpal & liquid mask would find it easier. Having said that I love the 'rising sun' style shell currently sitting on your car 8)

I wondered about the wing on this car when Scott first posted pictures of it - the side fins look different to a normal Yokomo moulded spoiler?
Looks like a kimbrough

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

DerbyDan wrote:Nice purchase!

Dan

I kinda look forward to airbrushing it, i painted one way back on my original car in Pactra Teal green, made the masks with vinyl, and it came out really good, just wish i could find my old car, i did start a thread to reach out to the collector that bought her, but alas, many fond memories of that YZ.

I believe Scott did call the wing out as Kimbrough though!

lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Alex B wrote:I can guarantee that yoke will be the first of many they are addictive!. Now you'll need a MX4, 91, 870oC etc :mrgreen:

Alex im a lucky bunny i bagged this, got a wedding this summer, so it wasnt one on the important list, not to the missus anyhoo lol.
I think next year, hell yeah, why not, i do crave a 91, had a few at my club when i ran my YZ and Predator, they were always on it.
Not an MX4 fan, and the 870c......well, its just a classic, but, id like a new built on that someday, which will take a few pennies lol.

lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Guys, Gurus, i need some help. Took delivery today, and its NICE, but not quite spot on, in fact there is a bit i need to do.
Ive sorted out a set of driveshafts, as the left rear is badly bent!!!! Dont get me wrong, i love it, im just a bot OCD.

OK, onto the help, well, ive just noticed the centre layshaft is bent, the spur is moving around quite a bit, but im not sure what layshaft, or parts i need to correct.

Its got some form of TCS fitted, and im not too bothered if i have to just fit a shaft, spur and oneway, but can anybody help me out with a few part numbers so i can put this right for running?

bests.......lee

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Get some pics up, the slipper looks very non standard. We'll be able to advise a little better then.

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

Just uploading, thanks Alex, appreciate it!

bests......lee

ralphee
Approved Member

Post by ralphee »

OK heres the assembly as it came out.

And stripped, there is a cut and shut, fixed drive hex, seems to be an AE slipper plate? Basically, id be happy to bag the right AE parts to complete it properly (at this point there is no slipper effect as the spur runs on one pad only, and not very well and true) or replace it with a Yoke shaft, one way roller, and spur?

Any help appreciated guys, this is one area im kinda lost on.

bests..........lee

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

Can you post a pic of the slipper plates turned the the other way (360 degrees)

Edit to add

Don't worry about the hex just yet.

Alex B
Approved Member

Post by Alex B »

For reference this is the correct setup.

Edit to add

Sorry about the rubbish cell phone pic, and ignore the pitch on the pulleys.