Etronix Pulse F.H.S.S EX3GPro 2.4GHz

Brushless, lipo, spectrum, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Hcp22
Approved Member

Etronix Pulse F.H.S.S EX3GPro 2.4GHz

Post by Hcp22 »

Is there any one that have any experience of this brand Etronix Pulse F.H.S.S EX3GPro 2.4GHz (Stick)?
et1110.jpg
et1110.jpg (29.68 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
et1110.jpg
et1110.jpg (29.68 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Re: Etronix Pulse F.H.S.S EX3GPro 2.4GHz

Post by Mr. ED »

i used mine the first time this weekend. it showed some hickups but I dont dare blaming it on the material yet.
I'm pretty sure I did something wrong. Also spoke some other racers which were happy with theirs.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Mr. ED wrote:i used mine the first time this weekend. it showed some hickups but I dont dare blaming it on the material yet.
I'm pretty sure I did something wrong. Also spoke some other racers which were happy with theirs.
So you use a stick radio to, when you have used yours for a few weeks I would love a report. :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Yes, I had a pistol at one point but could not get used to it.

I don't see myself running again in the near future but I will definitely let you know if I was able to fix the issue with the second receiver or not.
Aside of that it felt pretty good and there's plenty settings which after reading the documentation seem like they could be really usefull.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

That’s my biggest problem, reading the manual … :lol:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I just noticed mine is not the exact same model as you are asking about: mine is an Etronix Pulse EX3GPro 3-channel 2.4ghz DSSS Digital Proportional Radio System. The features are the same but the signal is apparently different and the receivers won't mix.

This shop sells both types and has clear connections as to which receiver goes with which radio. (You just choose your radio and it will show the assorted receiver as recommended accesory).
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?Manufacturer=1&ManufacturerID=1174

By the way this also explains why the second receiver I got won't work: it looks identical but is for the lower cost model which doesn't support modelmemory etc.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

I understand there is a deferens between DSSS and FHSS. A search on the net gave me this:

FHSS and DSSS are resistant to interference from conventional radio transmitters. The FHSS signal doesn't stay in one place on the band, FHSS can elude a jammer – (a transmitter designed to block radio transmissions on a given frequency). DSSS avoids interference by configuring the spreading function in the receiver to concentrate the desired signal but spread out and dilutes any interfering signal. (http://www.arcelect.com/DSSS_FHSS-Spead_spectrum.htm)

So the tow different system are same same but difrent! :mrgreen:

Then I probably will go with same radio as you did Erik, the Etronix Pulse EX3GPro 3-channel 2.4ghz DSSS radio! I must say that I love the 70£ price tag! :D
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I suppose both systems are ok, maybe check what futaba is using?
All I really wanted to warn you about is: make sure you get the right receiver if you order an extra because the single model receiver won't work on the multi-model radio

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Small update: in the last 2 races I had some big problems with range. The start grid was at the far end of the circuit and on both days I would loose all control when i got on the stage.
I've had someone else confirm this at oople: apparently the range is dropping drastically at 10.4 volt. A lipo pack or charging of the Nimh batteries between heats should solve this. I'm gonna test the second option on the next race.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Thanks Mr.Ed for that update, is it design to run on 10 x 1.2 volt NiMh’s?
BTW, I haven’t ordered one yet, still using my 18 year old Futaba PCM 1024 stick. :lol:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

It shows low-voltage under 9.6v. I believe that was written in the manual too.
If you like that old radio still , I've come across another option: a little kit to convert your radio to 2.4G. You need the assorted receiver(s) but they 're cheap.
Here 's a discussion with links to more detailed threads at rctech
http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/500583-what-my-2-4g-conversion-options.html

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Does the radio hold 8, then it’s designed to run on 8 AA 1.5 volt non rechargeable cells.
Yes, I like my old radio, but I think it’s better to by a new one.
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Personally I'd steer clear of these budget 2.4ghz radio sets, a few racers at my local club have been tempted by them & have experienced problems... the main problem seems to be a general lack of 'feel', like there's a delay in the signal, aswell as interference & binding problems.

I've got a Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz which is from a better quality brand but is their mid-range radio set, but I've never felt quite at ease with it like I did with my old JRApex PCM radio. I've been using the 3GR radio set for about 2 years now but i've recently been looking for another 40mhz radio set. I'm sure the top-flight 2.4ghz sets from the likes of KO, Sanwa & Futaba work great but availabilty of these in stick format seems to be deminishing :(

If your old Futaba PCM works ok, I say 'Stick' with it! (pardon the pun) :mrgreen:

CAT3K
Approved Member

Post by CAT3K »

DerbyDan wrote:Personally I'd steer clear of these budget 2.4ghz radio sets, a few racers at my local club have been tempted by them & have experienced problems... the main problem seems to be a general lack of 'feel', like there's a delay in the signal, aswell as interference & binding problems.

I've got a Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz which is from a better quality brand but is their mid-range radio set, but I've never felt quite at ease with it like I did with my old JRApex PCM radio. I've been using the 3GR radio set for about 2 years now but i've recently been looking for another 40mhz radio set. I'm sure the top-flight 2.4ghz sets from the likes of KO, Sanwa & Futaba work great but availabilty of these in stick format seems to be deminishing :(

If your old Futaba PCM works ok, I say 'Stick' with it! (pardon the pun) :mrgreen:
I've got to agree, at my club a few people tried these Etronix sets and while generally people like them, sometimes they suffer from range issues and suddenly unbinding themselves just before a final :roll:

When i upgraded my 40mhz radio i bought the Sanwa Exzes X as there isn't a great choice in top end stick radios these days. It seems the choice is between the Futaba and Sanwa, as KO don't seem to be making the Esprit 3 any more.

Paul.

morpheus2010

Post by morpheus2010 »

Just bought an Etronix Pulse EX3GPro FHSS Stick Tranny for indoor racing, Can't say there were any issues. Simple to install and setup (bind) Several of the club members use them and I did ask if any problems, all said okay and easy to use. So bought one.

The Manual is a bit brief in explaining function settings. I needed to slow my steering to reduce oversteer and one of the club lads showed me how. Its easy and made for smoother control.

My experience of radio problems usually comes about from poor wiring, shoddy battery plugs etc, why oh why do manufacturers still use Tamiya connectors which get hot and cause spikes. Also DSSS sets are prone to slow response if interference interrupts transmission.

Will keep you posted, Going to start outdoor racing soon so plenty of variety to test the reliability.

Keep them thumbs twitching.