check this out. over $300 on a stealth transmission??

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

check this out. over $300 on a stealth transmission??

Post by matthew john »

so i was checking craigslist, and came upon this : http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/tag/1447671850.html

he claims to have spent over $300 on just the stealth trans?? is that even possible? any way my friend checked it out, the trans is stock with bearings. im gonna check it out tommorow, might buy the lot, i see some parts i can use, but $300 for a trans? back in the day you could buy a kit ( the whole car :D ) for just over $300.

he acts like its GOLD, the tub is cut up, what can it be used for ? knowing me, ill probably make something of it, after all, its pArT of a goldpan.

i think it might be worth wat he's asking , if the parts are as good as he says. i see parts i need, and a few others here could use.

how could that be turned back in to a off road buggy. quoute : "turned back in to a off road buggy"

also is that a ht trick front end in there or pink rc10 nose plate? also the dog bones look like they are just polished, unless EVERY single dog bone i have is MIP :lol:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Re: check this out. over $300 on a stealth transmission??

Post by RedScampi »

I don't know what it is but that is one weird setup! Look at the laid down rear shock tower. :shock: Personally $150 seems really steep to me for what's there.
Gary

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

yeah i thought about it , its too hig. i noticed that shock tower, and was like wtf?? it be different if the parts were NIP , but its all used and beat up. the goldpan has been chopped up. ill have to pass on this one, but i doubt he'll sell it.
gotta bruiser i gotta finish paying off :wink:

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

he was probably talking about how much he put into the tranny. i see the hpi 2 speed gear setup, and he mentions the mip lightened outdrives and other stuff. so with all the crap he added to the tranny it probably did cost him close to the 300 dollar amount. i don't know if you guys pay for rc parts, over in hawaii, higher than we do.

he probably has about 100 to 150 dollars worth of stuff, if he were to sell it on ebay or where ever. just remind him that he maybe paid that much for the stuff but it's all used. I would let that one go.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Never buy something out of a trunk, unless you know the person