Make sure your radio is on

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

romulus22

Make sure your radio is on

Post by romulus22 »

This case didn't feel too good. Scared me more than anything.

GoMachV

Re: Make sure your radio is on

Post by GoMachV »

I sold my buddy a VERY overpowered swamp boat back in high school. I had a OS .40 on it and it was a screamer on dry grass. He got his finger in it trying to set the needle, blood all over and had to go to the emergency room for stitches. He still brings it up from time to time, we laugh about it a bit until his wife gets involved, she still doesn't think it's funny.

Honestly, nothing a little super glue couldn't fix!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

A guy at work bought a plane..big sucker takes up his pool table. novice R/C'er, one day wondered what the little swiches did on top of the radio..those would be the channel reversing switches. bam plane goes full thottle on pool table and he try's to stop it......with his hand.. well you know the rest. :lol:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Ouch!!!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Ouch. That's a pretty good one. I got careless checking the temps one day and tangled with the 15" prop on my Funtana. Luckily the temp gun took most of the damage.

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Being a Carpenter and always work with tools that will hurt you I am very aware of anything that will result in an injury. At almost 40 years of age it pays to be on the ball. God how's I survived when I was a younger man....,lol!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I remember my first real good cut, I was working on a model kit, probably 8 years old or so. Oh man, I was like the red Ryder BB gun kid, I thought I was gonna die. I learned to respect xacto knifes after that!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

gomachv wrote:I remember my first real good cut, I was working on a model kit, probably 8 years old or so. Oh man, I was like the red Ryder BB gun kid, I thought I was gonna die. I learned to respect xacto knifes after that!

Hah you and I have the same experience! I was up with a flashlight (supposed to be asleep) still trying to work on assembling my Tamiya Hornet. I slipped and stabbed myself right above my thumb with the xacto, and had to come out of my room with blood dripping and confess. I still have the scar to this day.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Have you ever had a screw or tool roll off the table and you quickly catch it between your legs??? Bad habit! I once had an exacto knife roll off and I caught it between my legs! :shock: That was a stupid deep cut, lucky I did not hit any major artery! I was wearing shorts too! It's like a reflex you have no control over, sucked balls!

Starting RC aircraft engines with out a chicken stick? Not good! Been there, done that, got the scar! :lol:

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I was cutting a golf ball open with a razor blade so I could see what was inside it... I was 11. I came out of my room with blood dripping all over the pace, My mom was on the phone and turned and looked and yelled "I GOTTA GO, SEAN JUST CUT HIS THUMB OFF" and dropped the phone... Took me to urgent care, got 2 little stitches. Still had to go to school the next day! Pfffft! :mrgreen:
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

flipwils11 wrote:
gomachv wrote:I remember my first real good cut, I was working on a model kit, probably 8 years old or so. Oh man, I was like the red Ryder BB gun kid, I thought I was gonna die. I learned to respect xacto knifes after that!

Hah you and I have the same experience! I was up with a flashlight (supposed to be asleep) still trying to work on assembling my Tamiya Hornet. I slipped and stabbed myself right above my thumb with the xacto, and had to come out of my room with blood dripping and confess. I still have the scar to this day.
That makes three of us. :lol: I was probably 8 or 9 years old and was building a 1/24 model kit. I ended up cutting open the fleshy part of my hand behind my left thumb with an x-acto knife. I had to get a few stitches and I still have the scar to remind me to cut away from myself. :idea:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

"Cut towards your buddy, not your body"

In the hobby store I used to work at I would loosen the xacto Knife collet and twang the knife into the wooden table to show how sharp it was, then whip it up real quick (leaving the blade stuck in the wood counter but they would not notice) and hurl it at a co-worker. They would just about die the first time, screaming and ducking like a little girl. It got old quick but was hella funny. Wish we had cameras on our phones back then.
Factory Works website

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

slotcarrod wrote:Have you ever had a screw or tool roll off the table and you quickly catch it between your legs??? Bad habit! I once had an exacto knife roll off and I caught it between my legs! :shock: That was a stupid deep cut, lucky I did not hit any major artery! I was wearing shorts too! It's like a reflex you have no control over, sucked balls!
Nice choice of words to remind us it could've been a lot worse. :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Youch! I bet you said "Gosh Darnit!". :lol: I was at the track early about a year ago to race oval on a Friday night. There was a guy there wrenching on his 1/8th sacale gas car. He was trying to pry a bearing out or something and the allen wrench he was using slipped off and went completely through his finger! :shock:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

A buddy of mine used to watch us stall nitro engines by plugging the exhaust outlet with a finger...
One day we had this lawn mower engine (for a go kart) running with no muffler -it didn't run worth crap without an exhaust system- anyways, this kid went to shut it off by sticking his finger in the exhaust hole...

The emergency room was not able to save the end of his finger.
He gets by pretty well with 2/3 of his right index finger though. :twisted:
-dldiaz