Make sure your radio is on

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Re: Make sure your radio is on

Post by slapshot1979 »

took me a second to get the visual...........dam :shock:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I've also got the xacto scar. left index, 5 stitches. I had those little silver wheels with the foam tires on them, I see them from time to time on ebay, for grasshopper, tamiya, etc, not sure who the manufacturer is, they have a 5 hole pattern on them. I had foams that were too narrow, so I attempted to narrow the wheel by shaving it down with a fresh xacto blade, and slipped because that was THE most slippery plastic I have ever cut, slicing right behind the nail, from top to bottom, luckily, no loss of control or problems, just a slightly tingly/numby feeling now behind the nail bed.

did I mention I had been trying to free some kind of rusted hulk just before in the day and my hands were pretty much orange/brown from rust? and the nurse kept saying 'you have to keep scrubbing your hands to get them clean'. FUN times....

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

dldiaz wrote:A buddy of mine used to watch us stall nitro engines by plugging the exhaust outlet with a finger...
One day we had this lawn mower engine (for a go kart) running with no muffler -it didn't run worth crap without an exhaust system- anyways, this kid went to shut it off by sticking his finger in the exhaust hole...

The emergency room was not able to save the end of his finger.
He gets by pretty well with 2/3 of his right index finger though. :twisted:

:shock:

WOW is all I can say to that.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

LTO_Dave wrote:
flipwils11 wrote:
gomachv wrote:I remember my first real good cut, I was working on a model kit, probably 8 years old or so. Oh man, I was like the red Ryder BB gun kid, I thought I was gonna die. I learned to respect xacto knifes after that!

Hah you and I have the same experience! I was up with a flashlight (supposed to be asleep) still trying to work on assembling my Tamiya Hornet. I slipped and stabbed myself right above my thumb with the xacto, and had to come out of my room with blood dripping and confess. I still have the scar to this day.
That makes three of us. :lol: I was probably 8 or 9 years old and was building a 1/24 model kit. I ended up cutting open the fleshy part of my hand behind my left thumb with an x-acto knife. I had to get a few stitches and I still have the scar to remind me to cut away from myself. :idea:
That makes four, I was 12, working on my Hornet, at night, Late night, but it was on a weekend, so no school in the morning .watching T.V. removing parts of a spruce, looking up, to the T.V. looking down, looked up, then a big gash on the tip of my finger. I wish I were young again. :mrgreen:

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

slotcarrod wrote:Have you ever had a screw or tool roll off the table and you quickly catch it between your legs??? Bad habit! I once had an exacto knife roll off and I caught it between my legs! :shock: That was a stupid deep cut, lucky I did not hit any major artery! I was wearing shorts too! It's like a reflex you have no control over, sucked balls!
Not an X-Acto knife, thankfully, but a mechanical pencil. Caught myself before it did more than just break the skin. I have since trained myself to simply step back when something falls off the table. I also bend the handles of my X-Acto knives now, just so they can't roll.

I have a scar on my left index finger from a wood chisel. Slipped while carving out a Pinewood Derby car when I was 8 or 9. Turned the tip of my finger into a Pez dispenser. Five stitches and a whole car ride of "I told you to keep your fingers back" from my dad.

steve
Approved Member

Post by steve »

Yes wood chisel . 7 years in a cabnet shop caught a lot of falling chisels slow learner. Last 13 years as carpenter know as the guy that keep a box of band aids in his tool bags. Had a run of bad luck while back pack of 50 utility knife blades broke open in a bag , got 2 fingers couple week later digging in a bag found a 1/4 chisel with my finger, 4 stitches for that. Think I'd wises up. Nope month later this time digging in a box found a nother 1/4 chisel with the same finger, glued it with ca to cheep to go to hospital . I thing that I might be on to some thing , blue tape on chisels Is a

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

IDE say the worst cut I've taken rc related was when I was working on my OG first gen T-MAXX. I had to to the chassis off and if any of you have done this you know how many Phillips screws are holding this together. I had the bright idea to make me a long phillips to put in a drill. I take a Phillips screw driver and put it in the vise and bend the handle back and forth till it broke. Being 13-14 I had to put my body into it. Well 3rd or 4th bend I'm on the forward bend hand against the shoulder using my whole body to push. Snap..... The steel finally breaks and the momentum of me going forward put my fore arm right into the now sharp broken end of the steel that's firmly mounted in a vise. Took about a 4" long 1/2" deep scoop out of my arm.

After a quick trip to the hospital for some stitches I got home, took my new tool out of the vise. Chucked it in the drill and took apart my T-MAXX

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

steve wrote:Yes wood chisel . 7 years in a cabnet shop caught a lot of falling chisels slow learner. Last 13 years as carpenter know as the guy that keep a box of band aids in his tool bags. Had a run of bad luck while back pack of 50 utility knife blades broke open in a bag , got 2 fingers couple week later digging in a bag found a 1/4 chisel with my finger, 4 stitches for that. Think I'd wises up. Nope month later this time digging in a box found a nother 1/4 chisel with the same finger, glued it with ca to cheep to go to hospital . I thing that I might be on to some thing , blue tape on chisels Is a
Let me guess... a chisel fell off the shelf and chopped off your fingers right in the middle of typing that post!! :shock: I've seen it a hundred times. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
steve wrote:Yes wood chisel . 7 years in a cabnet shop caught a lot of falling chisels slow learner. Last 13 years as carpenter know as the guy that keep a box of band aids in his tool bags. Had a run of bad luck while back pack of 50 utility knife blades broke open in a bag , got 2 fingers couple week later digging in a bag found a 1/4 chisel with my finger, 4 stitches for that. Think I'd wises up. Nope month later this time digging in a box found a nother 1/4 chisel with the same finger, glued it with ca to cheep to go to hospital . I thing that I might be on to some thing , blue tape on chisels Is a
Let me guess... a chisel fell off the shelf and chopped off your fingers right in the middle of typing that post!! :shock: I've seen it a hundred times. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who took your thumb anyway?

steve
Approved Member

Post by steve »

No still have my fingers unlike some. Stopping in mid thought is most likely all the hit to the head.