Need part # for 73mm cvd or universal axle

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Need part # for 73mm cvd or universal axle

Post by rccars4sal »

Im looking for the cheaper, replacement part for kyosho la257 73mm universal swing shaft. Ill be outfitting a couple of lazer zx and a couple of yokomo 870c models. Im pretty sure 73s will work for wide front arm 870c,, and either 68 or 73 for lazer zx? I found 3racing zx5 parts, but no dimentions on them so not sure which would be the 73mm.

Thanks!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Need part # for 73mm cvd or universal axle

Post by Coelacanth »

I'm pretty sure 3Racing does make a 73mm CVD set, but you're right, it's confusing to track them down on eBay because the sellers never mention the lengths, only the part numbers. I know all the numbers up to 68mm but not the longer ones. That said, I might have a set of 73mm CVDs that I don't need, but I'll check my CVD stash tonight and let you know.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

Thanks. I appreciate the check. I was just inspecting a lazer and a mid, to get length for those UJs, and had them all mixed up. But it didnt matter. Both the 5061 and 5063 will work in either car. So, I venture to guess that the 62.5 and 65mm CVDs will work in a lazer zx(R). However, a yokomo UJ will not work initially in a kyosho due to the ball end not fitting in the Kyosho drive cup.

cyber10b

Post by cyber10b »

rccars4sal wrote:Im looking for the cheaper, replacement part for kyosho la257 73mm universal swing shaft. Ill be outfitting a couple of lazer zx and a couple of yokomo 870c models. Im pretty sure 73s will work for wide front arm 870c,, and either 68 or 73 for lazer zx? I found 3racing zx5 parts, but no dimentions on them so not sure which would be the 73mm.

Thanks!
3racing UJs are for lazer zx-5 first model.
#19 is 68mm and #20 is 65mm.
#65mm 3racing is same size withe la232 that can be used lazer zx-rr front.