RPM arms restrict suspension movement?

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

85Edinger
Approved Member

RPM arms restrict suspension movement?

Post by 85Edinger »

Hello all,
I recently put RPM rear arms on my Rc10. I was previously using stock arms, a short-arm bulkhead drilled for the CE inner camber link mounts, and CE length camber links with 1.32 shocks and the original 1 hole shock tower. The problem is, the chassis no longer bottoms out. The shocks reach the end of their travel with the chassis off the ground just a little.
None of the holes on the stock arm matched up with the holes on the RPM arm, so I put the shocks on the outermost hole where they just clear my tires.
I'm running the original lower spring retainers. Will switching to the spring retainers from the B4 increase shock travel?
I'm going to a BMX track tomorrow, so one way or another the chassis needs to be able to hit the ground.
Thanks.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

85Edinger
Approved Member

Re: RPM arms restrict suspension movement?

Post by 85Edinger »

Anyone?
I put the stock arms back on for now, but I'd like to be able to use the RPM arms.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Re: RPM arms restrict suspension movement?

Post by RC104ever »

That's weird. I had the opposite problem where it was allowing too much suspension travel. Just a guess but is it the turnbuckles that are causing the binding as a result of the hub being relocated?
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars