CLM's Losi Collection and rebuild thread

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Re: Newbie Greetings and my small collection of JRX series c

Post by LosiXXkid »

clm wrote:lol Well it will end up one of 4 colors when I am done; original green, red, yellow, or the burnt orange it still has on it.

Chris
A friend of mine from a few years back had a yellow/rust coloured one......what a hoot to ride in!

Not much fun in winter time though.... :lol:
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Thanks for the pics of the Moke.... I rather like it as it is, looks great fun!

The father of a friend that I race with/against has about three Mokes - earlier this year he drove one of them with a group of other Moke owners from the UK down through France to Monte Carlo on their way to Italy, thats quite some distance in any vehicle let alone a Mini Moke!

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

The Moke has taken over :P :lol: Start with one of the jrx2 to rebuild and get running...I like the older losi cars because of all the bright 80's color options with the parts...Still don't have one but I will find the right one yet...Are you gonna make them shelfers or runners ????
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

License2iLL
Approved Member

Post by License2iLL »

nice collection!! my fav is the junior 2 extreme!! that model has grown on me! also those gtx tires are bad ass!
Glad to be back in this hobby so many many years later. To see new things and to recollect on ALL cool vintage models!
As well as to BUILD :
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27591
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33429

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Thanks Guys, I bought those tires for the NXT quite a few years back and only really had them on for display, I did manage to almost piece together a complete Junior T however. It's transmission needs gone though and I was missing a handfull of bearings... Ironically at the same time I found almost all the missing parts for a dead MT-10 I have had laying around... Why the heck do I have this!? And more importantly... what the heck am I going to do with it! LOL

Seems I am missing some Losi chassis braces as well as h-arm rear hubs DOH! Also I could only manage to find one short shock for the front so I had to temporarily put on the longer pro/t front shock towers and the long shocks. The transmission needs going though and it needs some of the bearings but is more or less complete... complete with slipper and super slider driveshafts O.o

Wheels were tossed on it as I had no spare truck tires for the wheels.... now to find one of those bronco bodies for it ARGH! Been looking for the stock Junior T body for years.

The MT-10 I just started tossing stuff that I didn't recognize in a pile and once I had sorted it all out... it all seemed to fit together. I didn't remember having this much of it O.o It seems in fairly good condition but needs the diff rebuilt, someone had tried to epoxy the diff together making the diff gear useless but none of the gears are stripped... Maybe I will toss it back on ebay hmmm...

Chris
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Well I ordered some new cheap Nimh 3000mah batteries from Hobby King, managed to acquire 2 older Tekin brushed speed controls and a couple decent servos. I am going to have to put together a couple of runners now. I am /thinking/ it's going to be some molded chassis cars, although I do have one graphite chassis with strips of laminate pealed off the bottom and RPM steering arms I might use.

On the subject of chassis, does anyone have any tips for restoring scarred/scratched molded chassis? I have been watching for new ones for years and have only ever seen the one I bought for the Junior 2.

I also managed to score a cheap parts lot for my XXXS that I picked up years ago missing a whole side of it's front suspension... leaving me with just a diffs to build, belt to acquire, bearings in the front hubs to pick up, and one cvd to find for the front end... I am thinking about modding it into more of a rally car of sorts as I do tend to like offroad more then just pavement ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171100172365?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Good parts lot win at a great price lol!

I actually managed to get my prototype suspension-less losi mini crawler on it's wheels, I am having a bit of slop in some ball ends though, the mini crawler shock end mounts are a smaller size then the mini revo rod ends I have O.o Articulation is working well everywhere except where I am having servo interference on one end :p I can't wait for the new center locker to show up so I can see how it does with all the torque twist locked out. No pictures on this one.. eeets a seeeecreeet ;)

I ordered the last of the parts I needed for my neighbors Traxxas Mini Slash, hopefully I can get it together so I can reacquire my LXT heh.

That and I am still hoping I can get the ReReRc10 on order from tower O.o

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I got some bits and pieces in the mail, I had ran out of bearings so found a couple cheap rc breaker auctions on ebay. While looking for that I found a set of really nice tires and a set of decent rims for a couple of my projects.

I was able to mount wheels to my Junior T finally and put the nearly new tires on it, It is looking ok I think, the somewhat butchered chassis and the lack of a body, chassis brace, or body still lets it down. Man I WISH I could find a stock Losi bronco body for this.... that and the NXT bodies seem to be the only ones not currently repro'd

I do have an unpainted JrxT body to set on it for now... but it is destined for my xT eventually ;)

A week or so ago I also got a really cheap less then $10 shipped parts lot for my XXXS carcass that pretty much consisted of graphite parts.

Not quite sure why I got them, I am not an onroad guy... although this did cross my mind :roll:

XXX'S'(and) anyone? :)

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Oh, I /do/ have one Losi truck body... it is however the wrong one for the Junior ;)

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Those are perfect runners...Not all purdy and polished...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Just won myself a basket case Associated Team Car and what looks to be the remains of a XXXcr G+ for the stately price of $15

The Team Car is rather interesting, it looks like it might have been a 10T.. It has what appears to be an unused black buggy nose plate and a 6 gear transmission! That will be interesting. Thankfully the chassis looks like there is only superficial scratches which should clean up easily. Hmmm 6 gear team car... Hmmmm.

The XX looks to have a nice chassis and has what appears to be a complete transmission, there are no holes drilled in the chassis (YAY!) Although the front arms appear to have been brutilized.

There is a nice looking silver XX motor plate with it :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Associated-And-Losi-Buggy-Parts-Vintage-/130974641342?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=j7%252FO7bzGRAbD%252BMKYNb5MS2AotEg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Chris

Edit: Looks like they started as a XXCR Kinwald Editition and a RC10T
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

you STOLEM for that price!!! but a great starting point!!! The hardest parts to find are the front chassis brace and front arms.Don

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I probably won't be too worried about getting correct Kinwald Edition parts for it. I guess I will start looking for RPM arms for it.. whee :)

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

I picked up a couple of cars and a load of misc junk from someone in town for $60 last weekend, in it was...

A Nitro TC3 rtr in horrible shape, which I promptly disassembled thoroughly degreased stripped the AE .15 and the electric out of then stuck on ebay. I tested the electronics and they work and the engine will get new bearings, piston, and sleeve and be bolted to my Losi NXT... Oh Noooo! A losi with an AE motor! The world will come to an end! Oh and I am saving the electronics to put in the ReRe Rc10 I have on order... now to find an old school AE mechanical speed control and brushed motor ;)
ntc3-1.jpg
Also included was a Trinity Switchblade 10 SS that I also plan to clean up and put on the bay along with a small collection of 64 pitch pinions and spurs for it and 3 nascar style bodies #3 Goodwrench #5 Kellogs and #18 Interstate and a bag full of onroad tires including some still new in package and some that look new out of package.
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1428.JPG
as well as two roasted Tekin esc's and a Tekin bc112c and Aristocraft model 802 chargers and an additional load of random bits I have been sorting through. Looks ugly and messy but not too bad for $60, in fact the NTC3 seems to be close to paying it all back :)

On another note, I have been battling an overheating issue in my lxt, it is running an unknown tekin d3 brushed mod motor and a tekin 420-g2 and I could not keep the motor cool enough to use. I checked the transmission and the wheels nothing was binding... On a whim I looked at the timing marks... WOW It was probably half inch beyond the end of the timing marks! So i dialed it back to an indicated 20 degrees as that's all my wire would allow and tried it again. BINGO ran a full 1500mah pack through it and I could pick it up by the motor... the battery however was still rather toasty :)

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

nice grab .. but at 72.50 for shipping its a good thing you got them cheap... damn shipping

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

Thankfully not much shipping on my end, it was 4 blocks away lol.. However I am happy to shop around for best shipping prices.

Chris
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T