My 10T Questions Thread

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Re: My 10T Questions Thread

Post by templeofspeed »

I believe this is the truck I am currently building. Did the Gold Shocks have Black Caps? As I only have one Set of White Arms, I dont know if they are the Thick ones or Thin, but they do only have one Shock Mount Hole, but I believe you indicated it could have either (?). Chassis Six Gear Holes not C/S, "B" Stamped, and Batt Cup Holes 1/4 Forward, and Centered. And if I understand correctly, you say it could have come with the Thick Towers, and Round (alloy?) Front Axles?
The front arms on the 7011 were initially single hole, first "thin", then "thick"; followed by two-hole; then black two hole; finally the black two hole T2 type. All 7011 truck gold shocks have black plastic caps. The 7011 would have, initially, thick rear (four holes) and thin front (two holes). Then it got the thick three-hole front tower just like the Team Truck and GT.

The 'C' chassis was the only alloy chassis with the battery cup holes 1/4" further forward (this applies to the gold 'C' CE chassis as well as the milled alloy and graphite "World's Car" chassis).

Good luck with your restoration, sorry to hear the uber early B chassis has extra holes... :|

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

I need a couple Spring Perches to get this Truck standing on its own. I have a couple of the Solid, Non-Split Perches (in my BST thread), but dont want to have to take the Shaft Ends off just to change Springs. I think I ask about this before, but couldnt find where. Are the Solid ones desirable/collectable enough to save, or should I just Split them myself and use them?

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

MONSTER wrote:I need a couple Spring Perches to get this Truck standing on its own. I have a couple of the Solid, Non-Split Perches (in my BST thread), but dont want to have to take the Shaft Ends off just to change Springs. I think I ask about this before, but couldnt find where. Are the Solid ones desirable/collectable enough to save, or should I just Split them myself and use them?
Ok, I finally found my old post about this. In that thread, Call-911 said, they are from "the Original", but no one ever speculated as to their value or rarity. Some of you Early RC10 Experts let me know if I should just split them for my own use, or trade/sell them. I can definately wait until I GET WHAT I NEED, and these go on someones Proper Early 10.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Since the collectors out there aren't saying it I will...Do NOT split these. Get some RPMS or something that will get the job done you need. Someone out there really needs them for the shelfer they are building. By no means do I know this for a fact but from what I have read around this board they would be something of a rarity. Personally I don't do the whole shelf queen thing so I don't have a set but if I did they would be put in a box til someone needed them or I needed some cash :wink: . Good luck with the build...
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Old Pic, but Im wondering about the Front Body Posts on the Truck. Are they an Upgrade of some sort, or just Post from some other Vehicle being "used" on the Truck. I have the ones I usually see on the 10T,so I could swap em, if need be.
By lvlonster, shot with V3345 at 2007-11-13

carloco8
Approved Member

Post by carloco8 »

They look to me like posts for a pan car. RC12/RC10L etc.
Old school racing all the way!

markt311
Approved Member

Post by markt311 »

duratrax universal body posts, the AE body posts front and rear were always a weak point. I wouldn't worry so much about EXACTLY what the manual shows. Associated manuals were never exactly correct because they constantly updated their cars. I worked in a hobby store from 92-97 before the days of RTR's and around Xmas I would guess I put together about 20 kits every year, I loved it, and you always had something a little different every build especially in 10t's. Like was said before manuals were put together differently back then, the MSC portion of the sport truck manual was lifted straight from an old buggy rc10 manual. Steve could probably go into much more detail about the manuals. I might have a few spring perches in my box, do you need white or black?
Mark

Aaaaahhhh crap! I'm about to get passed by that orange truck!

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Well, if its not AE, I really dont want it on this Truck. I always thought the Posts looked pretty weak, but Ive never heard anyone around here talking about it. I'll keep these on-hand, just in case though. :wink: :lol:

YES, I really need some White Spring Perches, and Collars too. Specifically, I need 6 Perches, and 4 Collars. Can we make a trade? Please see my BST Thread all my details.

Thanks