Depression/Suicidal Thoughts...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rctenracer
Approved Member

Re: Depression/Suicidal Thoughts...

Post by rctenracer »

hey i noticed your avitar. I dont think lee harvey acted alone.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

rctenracer wrote: the hardest thing for me was talking about my problems to others. you took that step and look at all the freinds you have on RC10TALK. you can PM me anytime.Your RC10TALK friend Dave.
You nailed it! Once you start talking about it, you can work your way through whatever it is causing the depression. It is amazing how big a deal we can make out the most miniature of problems. By talking to others, those that you trust, you start getting a neutral third party perspective. It is that dispassionate perspective that brings focus to your own.

Faster - You are not alone. 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

noony
Approved Member

Post by noony »

The one thing that makes this my favorite site is the brotherhood and that we each bring something different to it! Brendan I would hate to lose one of my brothers so feel free to drop me a pm anytime and remember when your down, tomorrow brings a new day.

Take care my brother
Ron

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Life is like a RC car race! Right now you are on your lid, the marshal will soon flip you back over and you can turn some quick lap times again! :wink:

The guys on this forum have given you some great advice, take it! On a personal note, you have helped me and many others with advice and comments. We need you!!!!

Look for the fast clean laps in life, not the crashes! keep your chin up, things will be better! Now go turn some fast laps! :)

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Like most here have said, Ive been there also. I get REALLY depressed about every couple months, over something that frustrates me to NO end. Havent had true suicidal thoughts since I was a teenager. Ive never had a "bought" not eventually be countered with something that makes me feel as GOOD as I felt BAD before it (sometimes, BETTER!!).

Hang in there Dude!!!!

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

man im glad i found rc10talk, theres people here that i wish lived in my town or community, mostly everyone is "there" , have a sense of humor ,and understand and think like normal people. you know itd be cool if we all could be in one community or township

i like how people are here, you trade or sell with some one, and you keep dealing, or keep emailing or messaging that person, you just get to the point where you talk about ordinary stuff like youre neighbors! everyone is understanding, ive been late on shipping boxes to the last 3 people i traded with, one i sorta lied to and said i shipped it ( i thought it would keep hi from flipping out and getting mad) well he called me up, and emailed me about it, he caught me, and i told him i was behind on shipping ,and that id get it out as soon as i get my check. he pm'd me and told me it woulda been easier to tell him was having troubles.at first i hated him when he joined, but he's actually a nice guy, he was millitary too, and a older than me, and he understands stuff, and knows how it is. i told him what was going on, and he understood, it wasnt over his head.
ive been "crazy" before , ive had the post tramatic stress crap, and been sent to a physco house for being suicidal, and been on pills and counselors and stuff, heck even now sometimes i think i need help :lol: . i always felt sorry for myself, taken away from my birth parents when i was 2, been through 21 foster homes, the freaks that adopeted me turned out to be abusive, my little brother got 10 years in confinement at age 16, i joined the army at 17,spent my 19th bday in iraq, i lost my 2 yr old son. my life sucked, but i just think of it like this, theres something better waiting, there just has to be.
hopefully soon ill be back home in illinois and can start a new life,and make the best of it.
when im free and not busy, i come here to rc10talk and just read posts, and browse, its the closet thing that feels like home rite now, thats because of all the great people we have here. after being here for a little bit, it was weired, i was like wow , theres other people out there, great people. one person i didnt like, i traded with , and he's a nice guy once you talked with him a bit! i hope when i get back to the mainland , i hope i can meet some of you guys in peson,
i definatly will meet Gary (redscampi), john (rc10 johnny) Rick (bearrickster) john (bent) , you guys are the nicest people ive "met" . gary only if you coulda came to oahu! but i should be in your state some time in the future, i plan to go out west and go on some old goldmining hunts and tours ( i wanna go to the luck strikes mine and deville mines) and johnny i need to go to some of them southern mud bogs!!

you know this is a good forum with great people when it feels like home, and you connect with people here. one big family on a forum! you guys are great, and this forum is the best. hopefully everyone will get through the tough times, and things will get better. another thing ive learned is, dont think you aint got no one to talk to when youre down i got on line and saw a buddy online , why not? pm'd him, and i felt better, and now i know i got one more person i can talk to when im bummed.
this is one forum ill keep coming to! i cant see my self in the future with out it, i hope others here keep coming back for a long time. ill be a 90year old man on a lap top drooling over some goldpan pics!!

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

[quote="matthew john"]i hope when i get back to the mainland , i hope i can meet some of you guys in peson,
i definatly will meet Gary (redscampi), john (rc10 johnny) Rick (bearrickster) john (bent) , you guys are the nicest people ive "met" . gary only if you coulda came to oahu! but i should be in your state some time in the future, quote]

Matt, it sounds like you have had a lot of experiences in your life, and you're just a young guy! It sounds like you are learning from all of it and coming out of it all as a better person, though. I think we all have had bouts of depression at one time or another, some, obviously worse than others. What tends to help me is to try to stop thinking about myself, my needs, my disappointments etc, in effect to just stop being so self centered. It really helps put things in perspective when you start concentrating on other people's issues. :?

Matt, thanks for the compliment! I just try to treat people the way I'd want to be treated, seemks to work most of the time! Hopefully we can meet someday and talk about rc cars. It's amazing how little my wife or some of my friends want to talk about this stuff!
Gary

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Post by SoloGraphix »

Brendan,

Hope all is well, I have only spoke to you briefly thru PM and traded with you once, but you were a class act and more than willing to help me out with what I needed. Who would of ever though that things I needed for these toys would be coming from people such as yourself half way across the world. Its all pretty cool how it all works and we are all kinda like pieces of a bigger puzzle. Remember that so many of use are here to help, talk, or listen when you need us.

~Adam

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

FasterLouder wrote:Thanks for all the kind words and great advice,everyone.
I know I can count on my friends,but I feel like I'm burdening them with my crap,ya know?
I'm a past drug (ab)user,but I've been a long time clean.
I'd love to get out more and see some parts of the country I havent seen,but I also suffer severe panic attacks that have me feeling like I was hit by a train,by the time I get home.
Yep,broke up with my fiance a few months ago,too. :roll:
I guess it's just a slow buildup of stuff and it came real close to breaking point,today...Had an X-Acto knife at my wrist for 10 minutes...
first id like to say im glad you posted this.. i posted here about my dad getting brain cancer .. people made me feel better in my world of pain that ive been going threw..i hope the same good feelings for you...be strong ...sent you a pm

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

Reading this post is truly moving; it is clear that there are a lot of people who you have touched in a very positive way!

I'm not qualified to assist with your circumstances, and we have never met or our paths crossed. So I don't really feel I have the right to offer you any advice. However, I would just comment that there are ups and downs in my life which I think are a big deal but then I read your post and realise that it is you, facing your circumstances on a daily basis, who has real courage and strength to face such challenges day by day. It is your sort of courage which sets you apart and stands you well above the crowd. And that's a real positive, and indeed a very rare and admirable personal quality! And you should remind yourself of this at the start of every day....you have a lot to offer to this world!

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

So how are you doing 11 days later?
I am sure that we all want to hear "a lot better"
Please let us know

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

I emailed him a joke the other day he replied so he's still with us thank god

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Good to know, thanks tizeye!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

And I see that he posted on here yesterday in the onroad section..so alls well... :wink:

FasterLouder
Approved Member

Post by FasterLouder »

I would once again like to thank everyone for posting here with their kind words and good advice.
You guys saved my freain' life,that day!
I just can't thank you all enough...
All The Way Alive