General questions about RC10talk.com

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

matthew john
Banned Member

General questions about RC10talk.com

Post by matthew john »

when was rc10 talk started?and who started it? how do the moderators know soooo much?

theres diffents threads i read, and if some one has a question, the moderators know it. its like they know everything!! anything they see , they know what it is!!! i dont think my brain has enough memory to retain everything they know.
i look at that is some sort of super human power,they are like rc wikpedias! i think that is realy cool though.

also how did the moderators become moderators? did the 5 moderators start this site together and all share running this forum? or how does this work?

also when donations are made does that go towards auctions, and or thinks like rc10 talk shirts and decals and things like that?

this is the best rc forum, just wanna know a little bit of the history and structure of the forum!

shodog
Approved Member

Re: General questions about RC10talk.com

Post by shodog »

Bill Krueger gave birth to Rc10talk sometime in early February of 2006. It is an off shoot of clodtalk. Of all the mods I am probably the least knowledgeable about Rc10's. My knowledge is in Vintage Tamiya. I was picked to be a mod because of my superior bow hunting and nun chuck skills.

Temple of speed probably knows the most, that's why we gave him his own section.

Donations to the board go to the cost of running it. We have held raffles in the past and have asked for donations. Server time and bandwidth are expensive. Some people who enjoy this free board are oblivious to the costs of running it.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

matthew john wrote:how do the moderators know soooo much?
It's not just the mods, there's lots of folks running around here that know a thing or two about RC10s. What you're likely seeing is the collective knowledge of a bunch of fanatics. Every one of these guys can probably field strip an RC10 and put it back together with their eyes closed. The knowledge just comes from a love of the vehicle and years spent tinkering with them.

BTW, I too am amazed at those who can identify the exact make and model of RC that a particular screw came from. :shock: 8) 8)
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

As a combined source of knowledge, all of we are unstoppable. :lol:

RC10Talk
Approved Member

Post by RC10Talk »

The forum software went live at 07 Feb 2006 05:06 pm

It is an off shoot from ClodTalk.com. The original admins were/still are members of ClodTalk. RC10's were incredibly popular and they were talking about them quit a bit over there. I think they wanted a forum over there so since I knew how to do all this web stuff, lol I gave them a whole site and said run with it! They make the policy and control it. I help out in the technical parts such as coding, software updates and general problems with the server. Also help out with general knolege of the forum software some times.

The donations go toward paying the bills. Due to the forums being quit popular I had to move them to a dedicated server. Not the cheapest thing to do. The donations also help pay for the domain names.

How do the moderators know so much? They just have the passion for the RC10. Like I have a passion for Clods! This is one reason I made them Admins here!

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

best site ever! thanks for the info on the history of this site.i never knew you had to pay to run a web site, i assumed donations went to the things like decals and things like that. still learning stuff every time i log on here!!
i like clod busters, rc10's (gold pans) takes the spot. i got rid of my clod and ended up with 3 gold pans. shoulda paid cash for them cuz im missing that clod!! great forum you created!!

rctenracer
Approved Member

Post by rctenracer »

shodog wrote:Bill Krueger gave birth to Rc10talk sometime in early February of 2006. It is an off shoot of clodtalk. Of all the mods I am probably the least knowledgeable about Rc10's. My knowledge is in Vintage Tamiya. I was picked to be a mod because of my superior bow hunting and nun chuck skills.

Temple of speed probably knows the most, that's why we gave him his own section.

Donations to the board go to the cost of running it. We have held raffles in the past and have asked for donations. Server time and bandwidth are expensive. Some people who enjoy this free board are oblivious to the costs of running it.
Just sent a donation in a few weeks ago. Thanks to all for a great site!!

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

matthew john wrote:i like clod busters, rc10's (gold pans) takes the spot. i got rid of my clod and ended up with 3 gold pans. shoulda paid cash for them cuz im missing that clod!! great forum you created!!
Then you'll want to check out Clodtalk.com as well. Lot's of info, lot's of great people. 8)

badhoopty
Approved Member

Post by badhoopty »

i think he's a cop. he's asking too many questions... 8)

matthew john
Banned Member

Post by matthew john »

"where were you between the hours 7pm and 9pm?" :lol: "you have the rite to remain posting on rc10talk.com. any thing you post can and will be read by other members in the forum"

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Halgar wrote:
matthew john wrote:i like clod busters, rc10's (gold pans) takes the spot. i got rid of my clod and ended up with 3 gold pans. shoulda paid cash for them cuz im missing that clod!! great forum you created!!
Then you'll want to check out Clodtalk.com as well. Lot's of info, lot's of great people. 8)
yea checkout Clodtalk.com ..there pretty serious about clod runnin.. the one site administrators avatar is him runnin his clod threw a huge muddy puddle...thats good times :D

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

longboardnj wrote: the one site administrators avatar is him runnin his clod threw a huge muddy puddle...thats good times :D
it's the same guy who's avitar on here is an ostrich. That guy needs some help. :lol:

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

[email protected] wrote:
longboardnj wrote: the one site administrators avatar is him runnin his clod threw a huge muddy puddle...thats good times :D
it's the same guy who's avitar on here is an ostrich. That guy needs some help. :lol:
What choo talk'n 'bout, Willis? :P :lol:

MOmo
Approved Member

Post by MOmo »

And sadly........ We have no lives!

At least thats what i get told about my addiciton to "toy cars".

It is interesting to read the various posts and account for the knowledge i know (or think I know) and the vast amount of info filling the heads of the members here. Not everyone has a soft nougat center between their ears. I have learned so much info from this site as well as an addiction (think I need to start using Meth, its cheaper). I have a great deal of respect for many of the members here and hope to continue sharing and learning as much as possible.

Keep up all the great work.

I will say that for the most part this is one of the least "drama" filled forums I'm on (though who knows what PMs lurk in the background) and that there is a huge level of respect for all enthusiasts even if you don't own an RC10.

MOmo

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

MOmo wrote:I will say that for the most part this is one of the least "drama" filled forums I'm on (though who knows what PMs lurk in the background) and that there is a huge level of respect for all enthusiasts even if you don't own an RC10.

MOmo
Those were founding principles of Clodtalk and for the most part we're pretty drama free as well. I'm glad that has carried over to here as well. I would also add that a forum is only as good as it's moderators to set the tone and deal with flare ups before they become problems.