Dang motor dyno...

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SRTracer121
Approved Member

Dang motor dyno...

Post by SRTracer121 »

So growing up I started in R/C when the comm was king but being only a young kid all I ever had were Traxxas "stinger" motors in my pede and rusty. The last year or so I gave up on BL and went back to the old standard and started buying up used motors from locals. I got a few freebies along the way too. So now I'm sitting here at 10pm playing with a comm lathe and dyno setup I borrowed from a fellow LTO racer. This thing has been my worst enemy. It has literally driven me insane (well I was already a little crazy to begin with. :p) Now to top that off, I got around to downloading the Castle link program for my few BL setups (all Castle Creations.)

So right now I'm trying to work a Titan 12t of all things. We use them as a spec motor locally and I've had good luck with them... Life's little circles ya know? The red dot guy on rctech claims to be able to get at least 17500rpm out of them @ 5 volts. I'm pulling about 20100rpm right now with a half broken in motor. My last one topped out at about 17500, same as the redot guy, and the one before that saw 19-20,000 after it had been raced for like 6 months.

oh and ya know the Kyosho Mega 22x1 that Kyosho claims will do 22000rpm? well they were right... With a comm cut and Trinity 13506nt high silver content brushes and run @ 6 volts. :wink:

So anyway, if ya'll ddon't hear from me for awhile, tell them to look for my starved corpse hunched over the dyno. :lol:

naushad
Approved Member

Re: Dang motor dyno...

Post by naushad »

Are you still alive? :D

Lastplace

Re: Dang motor dyno...

Post by Lastplace »

I miss the comm cutting days. I still have my Hudy motor lathe and a tool box full of brushed motors.