What car is it????

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

korky
Approved Member

What car is it????

Post by korky »

Just came across this car and the owner is not sure of the model. Any help would be great!!! I am guessing a Porsche. Is it 1/10th scale???? Thanks
Attachments
xoldTamiya2.jpg
Is is 1/10th scale
Is is 1/10th scale

aconsola
Approved Member

Re: What car is it????

Post by aconsola »

that is a 1/24 tamtech.
http://tamiyaclub.com/car.asp?id=529

korky
Approved Member

Post by korky »

Thanks for the prompt reply

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

That is the early tamtech production line. That porsche chassis is the shortest of the three I believe. It's something like the porsche being the shortest, the testarosa being the mid length and the Le Mans being the longest. That one should be great as a runner especially if you put in the modern electronics such as lipo batteries and a brushless setup. The only sad news is that trying to find the white spur gear and the white differential gears are gonna be pretty close to none.

drbelleville
Approved Member

Post by drbelleville »

N2Deep wrote: That one should be great as a runner especially if you put in the modern electronics such as lipo batteries and a brushless setup. The only sad news is that trying to find the white spur gear and the white differential gears are gonna be pretty close to none.

Now if you put a brushless in it - well you will kill the diff and tires. The car cleans up nice, drives well and is great inside on carpet. They are not so fun to drive on the street as small pebbles upset the chassis. Just clean it up and either run it as is or make it a shelfer. If you run it grab some new tires if you can, as they can wear / tear rather quickly. You can find many parts through ebay as well. The bearing upgrade - if not already installed - helps out a bunch. Also the wheelbase is adjustable so you can fit other Tamtech 1/24 bodies.

Good luck and have fun.

Brat
Approved Member

Post by Brat »

N2Deep wrote:That is the early tamtech production line. That porsche chassis is the shortest of the three I believe. It's something like the porsche being the shortest, the testarosa being the mid length and the Le Mans being the longest. That one should be great as a runner especially if you put in the modern electronics such as lipo batteries and a brushless setup. The only sad news is that trying to find the white spur gear and the white differential gears are gonna be pretty close to none.
I do have a set or two NIB Gear Sets for this antique. I bought them long ago for my Porsche 962C restoration. :roll:
My collections:
Nikko Brat, Nikko Dictator II, Nikko Thunder Eagle, Kyosho Pure Ten Nitro, Associated RC10, Associated RC10T, Associated RC10 Graphite, Associated B4, Tamiya Tamtech 1/24 Porsche 962C, Tamiya Striker, Tamiya TRF 501X WCE.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Just to clarify a bit as I have about 15 of these. This is the Porsche 961 and it runs on one of the later shorter chassis's. Other bodies you can use for this one are the Lamborghini countach and Ferrari Testarossa. The Porsche 962, BMW GTP, Lancia LC2 and Mustang Probe used the earlier longer chassis. They are fun cars to run and surprisingly fast in stock form. The radio gear is very specific to the car and has a specially shaped steering servo that fits exactly to the chassis. Gears and tires are difficult to source.

N2Deep
Approved Member

Post by N2Deep »

Shodog, I think you are right...because I had a brain fart. I find that slot car tires work very well with these things. But the spur and diff gears are very hard to find...as mine are put away exactly for that matter.

RCGaz

Post by RCGaz »

Porsche 961 Rothmans Le Mans. Please release in a bigger scale. Cheers