Pan car

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Overvolted
Approved Member

Pan car

Post by Overvolted »

Hi, need some help with this pan car. I have always wanted one and pulled the trigger on this one. I think it is an Accoiated RC10LSS. Anybody know for sure? Its complete and in decent running shape but needs a refresh. I am going to have to replace the rear axle which broke when i dissassembled it, it was graphite too which really bummed me out it broke. It looks like previous owner did not file a flat spot for the grub screw and the axle siezed in the hub. I have an alloy one on the way. Anything you guys can tell me about this car is much appreciated. I intend to run it and maybe drag race it although there is no racing action near me that I know of so just me and the kids fooling around. If its an AE ill use this thread for my build up if not ill move it where it belongs. Thanks, Chris.
Attachments
20210228_174043-1.jpg
The tape is holding the servo saver together
The tape is holding the servo saver together

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: Pan car

Post by XLR8 »

It's definitely from AE, although I'm not certain exactly which model. There are experts here who can identify it.
It's unfortunate about your graphite axle, any chance it could be repaired? I recall CA gluing mine a time or two but that was decades ago and I don't recall which end broke.

Welcome aboard, by the way. :D
Doug

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

Looks like a RC10LSO. Looks to be in better shape than the one I bought a few years ago. My axle was seized in the hub and a real challenge to remove. :D

https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43140&hilit=Rc10lso

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Thanks for the welcome and replies guys. The axle is toast as it splintered as I was applying force. I didnt think it was hollow. May pick up another carbon one later as they are spendy. Is the anywhere to get an exploded view? I tried AE website and the page for it wont load. I started to do some cleaning today and it looks good so far.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Welcome Aboard!

Definitely fiberglass LSO. I don't think AE has an exact exploded view of the LSO, but the generic 10L view should get you most of the way.

https://img2.associatedelectrics.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC10L/Team/drawing_10l.pdf
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Yes that helps a lot just wished it showed the front suspension that is on mine. It has upper arms and springs underneath. Im going to dissassemble the front section tomorrow for inspection and cleaning. Sorry for the noob discriptions, this is my first pan car and im learning as I go.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

This link for the 10LS instructions will cover the front end for you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hnd1wJQLh5Q0l2WFJ0amtZWms/view?usp=drivesdk
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

Thats the one I needed as I plan on doing the peroxide treatment this weekend, thank you. Can any silicone grease be used for the 6636 diff lube? I have silicone divers grease I use for most applications. I dont want to use the wrong stuff and roach the diff.

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

My replacement axle came in today. It was advertised as a 10L axle but says 12L on the package. It measures about 5 1/8 long not counting the threads for the hub nut. Can I use this or did I get hosed?

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

That seems pretty long (That's what she said.) I think it will be fine, but I can't swear to it. Hope it works.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:44 pm That seems pretty long (That's what she said.). I think it will be fine, but I can't swear to it. Hope it works.
Its alloy so I can cut it down if needed I hope. I was just sweating it there for a minuet that it would be too short :lol: . Supposed to be sunny and warm tomorrow so everything is getting a peroxide bath and hopefully start assembling it all soon.

RPMfieldtester
Approved Member

Post by RPMfieldtester »

The 10l so (speedway) uses a narrower rear pod to narrow up the width and uses the same axle as the 12l

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

RPMfieldtester wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:13 am The 10l so (speedway) uses a narrower rear pod to narrow up the width and uses the same axle as the 12l
Thank you for this info!!

Overvolted
Approved Member

Post by Overvolted »

I started assembly yesterday on my pan car and need a little help. My left rear bulkhead is not the greatest and id like to reolace it however, I cant seem to find one. Are they not for sale any more and will one from another model work like Bolink perhaps? Also my motor did not have a spacer on it, do I need the spacer? The gear mesh looks great and nothing seems to be out of allignment.

KidAgain

Post by KidAgain »

Overvolted wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 pm I started assembly yesterday on my pan car and need a little help. My left rear bulkhead is not the greatest and id like to reolace it however, I cant seem to find one. Are they not for sale any more and will one from another model work like Bolink perhaps? Also my motor did not have a spacer on it, do I need the spacer? The gear mesh looks great and nothing seems to be out of allignment.
Ebay should have a few pod sides last time I checked, on the spacer question not sure bud..............
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44