tires to fit "sees" aluminum wheels

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

pauliboats

tires to fit "sees" aluminum wheels

Post by pauliboats »

Greetings everyone. First time post for me. I would like to find a set of schumacher street "GT" style tires, (or something better) to fit on my "sees" aluminum wheels for my gold pan rc10. I think they are 2.1 size and although the front and rear wheels are different diameters, the front being larger, the tires are the same ride height. After they're mounted they keep the car pretty level. The rear have the markings: reg des 2007 932 rt 1r , schumacher. The fronts have the same except 931 rt 1f. I have already bought and drilled out a set of taxxas pre glued wheels & tires and made them fit , so I could play with the car, but I like the real aluminum look and the car goes better with the sees wheels. Anyone with info on this topic, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Paul

Brandon G
Approved Member

Re: tires to fit "sees" aluminum wheels

Post by Brandon G »

Just about any street tread tire for the 1/10 scale buggies to fit 2.1" fronts and 2.0" rears will be hard to come by. Offroad knobby style is readily available from Traxxas, Losi, and Tamiya to fit these wheels though.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

most tires have the same outside diameter regardless of the spec; 2.0 2.1 or 2.2, but street-tires are a possible exception on that.
They often have a smaller outerdiameter than off-road tires. So, yeah, try to stay with one brand for front and rear if you can, or, adjust the ride height on the shocks to get the chassis level again later ;)

tulsa
Approved Member

Post by tulsa »

you can still get custom works but the front are out of stock. http://customworksrc.com/

pauliboats

Post by pauliboats »

Hey guys Thanks for the replies. I went to the hobby shop today and bought a set of pro-line 1080-00 speed hawg, 2.2 low profile street truck tires. It says front or rear on the tag, they are nice and fat and should give good grip for the rears, now I'll have to get a plastic wheel that fits the stub axles on the pan car, I see not all roll pin drive slots are created equal. and it would be nice to get the front and rear wheel styles to match and work on the car. It also would be nice to get a front tire from pro-line same model, just a bit thinner for the fronts. I think it's better to use the 2.2 wheels & tires, than try to find older stuff thats not around anymore to fit my discontinued rims. I guess you guys can tell that I haven't run this car in a while.So I'm a little out of touch.I put the car in a box up in the loft of my garage about ten years ago. I had a lot of after market hop ups into it and it ran nice.When I pulled it out this time the tires were dry rotted. and the batteries were dead. I put a 16t ruby motor in it, a novak xrs, 3800mah Nimh,bearings everywhere,ball links,RPM A-arms all around.The car is in nice shape. The guys in the hobby store don't want to be bothered because it's "old school". And besides they don't have any parts for it anyway. I was wondering if I could retro-fit it with a brushless set up,and what tranny could I use in the car that would bolt in and take the power.Kinda stupid though now that I already have the xrs and the nimh's. But I'm rambling and getting ahead of myself here,does anyone know what rims will fit the car that I can fit these fat tires on. Thank You Paul

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Not an expert myself on asso, but there are several threads dedicated to updating the wheels to 2.2 size, some of the options use duratrax evader (EP?) rear wheels, others used rc10B3 or B4, and I'm quite sure you could get something to work using HPI converters and 12mm hex wheels.

Dig in to the search function and you should find the relevant info here for sure

pauliboats

Post by pauliboats »

Mr ED, I got a pair of hpi wheels and there's a set of inserts in the bag to fit the rc10 along with other makes too. problem solved Thanks!!

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

my pleasure
show us some pics with the new footwear