DS wanna-be.

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

cherokee

Re: DS wanna-be.

Post by cherokee »

My convertion is more or less the same on the assoc. site. It does work pretty well and is not that hard to do. The wheels are standard touring car wheels, You might have to mess with some offsets to get it to work just right I can't remember off the top of my head what I ended up using. It does require a little fiddling to get everything just right.

The car is a runner, not a shelf queen, and it has been around the block. It was converted using the convertion kit back in the day, I still have the original box that I store my extra stickers in.

As far as the stickers go, they are a mish mash of what I have laying around, I usually don't sticker my cars up very much....but those I think came with the HPI Mustang body that is on the car.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

arf wrote:
Asso_man! wrote:Hey Cherokee, nice DS there, I was wondering what kind of wheels and tires combo you used on your runner and what kind of modifications it needs. I also noticed you have special frontspindle carriers, what are they? Last but not least, I'm on the hunt for the exact same "Goodyear" decals, do you have more or somewhere I could source them? Thanks!
A-man, do you see the stickers you want on this sheet I dug up? The Goodyear stickers are 39mm long.
I'm actually looking for the ones that are on this car, with the blue line around (and any other sticker that is featured on the car by the way)

cherokee

Post by cherokee »

I have that Toyota body as well, I bought it years ago and had it on my TA-03. I still have it, most people did not know what it was.

Too bad when those cars where racing they never had the success that the Datsuns did. I always liked the Toyota better.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Wasn't that Goodyear symbol on the HPI Mustang decal sheet? I actually have a real full scale vintage one of those from the 1960s. I used it to make reproduction on my 65 GT350 Replica a few years back before I sold it. I still have the 1:1 decal.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

cherokee

Post by cherokee »

The car did pretty well last weekend, I had a good time driving it. If I was more consistent I would have done better. I could hang with them in part of the lap, but in areas where I had to put the power down the rear of the car would loose traction and I would loose time. Finally I had the slipper very loose and the car was more drive-able but I was loosing time waiting for the slipper to grab. It also had a problem with over steer that I could never quite get rid of. I will take it up next weekend but will not run it again till I can get a little closer on the setup.

On the straight I could hang in there, in the tight infield section I could hang in there, where would loose time is the turns where I needed to put power down.

I had a ball running the old car, and got lots of comments. I will post pics as soon as I get the cameras battery recharged.

arf
Approved Member

Post by arf »

cherokee wrote:The car did pretty well last weekend, I had a good time driving it. If I was more consistent I would have done better. I could hang with them in part of the lap, but in areas where I had to put the power down the rear of the car would loose traction and I would loose time. Finally I had the slipper very loose and the car was more drive-able but I was loosing time waiting for the slipper to grab. It also had a problem with over steer that I could never quite get rid of. I will take it up next weekend but will not run it again till I can get a little closer on the setup.

On the straight I could hang in there, in the tight infield section I could hang in there, where would loose time is the turns where I needed to put power down.

I had a ball running the old car, and got lots of comments. I will post pics as soon as I get the cameras battery recharged.
Ah...the never ending search for rear traction, I know it well...

rc10DS fan
Approved Member

Post by rc10DS fan »

wil the ds tranny work on a b3 :?:

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

no it wont