Spectrum's Active Vehicle Control stability system

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

integra22t
Approved Member

Spectrum's Active Vehicle Control stability system

Post by integra22t »

you got to be kidding :lol: so you will just have to put the car on the track and it will drive its self

[youtube]yfYuOca_8P8[/youtube]

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Spectrum's Active Vehicle Control stability system

Post by Coelacanth »

I guess it's no different from technology in modern 1:1 cars these days. Controlling your car is getting to be more about the technology than the driving skills. The more intelligent & technological our world becomes, the less humans have to think & do...the dumbing-down of society has been going on for some time now.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

It's evidence of the movie Idiocracy coming true.

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

I seem to recall someone having an early version of traction control at the 1991 IFMAR World's in Detroit. I believe RCCA did a write up on it with pics.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Why is Losi's 1/10 rally car bigger than Vaterra's 1/10 monster truck?

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Phin wrote:Why is Losi's 1/10 rally car bigger than Vaterra's 1/10 monster truck?
I noticed that as well. I'm guessing the same thing as Traxxas. They used the short course chassis probably the scte to make the rally. Traxxas did that using their 4x4 slash. Proline, jconcepts, and Parma have bodies already for the Traxxas rally. It would make sense for Losi to release one that can share bodies. Hpi's wr8 is close in size as well. This could create a new racing class. That would be cool.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

vwjuice wrote:It's evidence of the movie Idiocracy coming true.
Agree, a million times over.

[youtube]y0O7_3o3BrI[/youtube]

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

what the hell....... it's bad enough people buy rtr's because they don't want to build them, now they can by them with this crap and not learn how to drive them either. :roll: :lol:

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

Terry crews cracks me up.

Sadly though, idiocracy truly seems too be happening.

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

So it's an HPI D-Box/Futaba G190 built into the receiver, with a bit of extra software to back off the throttle for large movements. A gyro with a fancy name. We briefly ran heli gyros in our cars in the early 90s, we had one year of racing with them before the rules could be changed to ban them. :D

It's going to be interesting when someone turns up at a race meeting with one of thee receivers, any sort of driver aid is banned from racing and it's easy to spot a normals separate gyro.
Dirtdiver wrote:I seem to recall someone having an early version of traction control at the 1991 IFMAR World's in Detroit. I believe RCCA did a write up on it with pics.
That was LRP who developed a proper traction control system into their ESC, it used front and rear wheel sensors so it could tell when the rear wheels were spinning faster than the fronts. Instantly banned before it hit the track, otherwise every race ESC would now come with it built in,

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Will I be able to fit one of these in my new RC10 Classic? :mrgreen: :lol:

The HPI drift box was the first thing that came to mind. Wasn't that released several years ago or maybe in the early 2000's?

It's basically just a counter-steering box, right? A true traction control system would be like terry.sc said with sensors that would determine the speed of all four wheels, and apply throttle and brakes accordingly.

My new Mitsu Lancer has traction control and I absolutely hate it in the winter. Luckily it can be turned off and I become a human traction controller. :mrgreen:

My Eagle Talon has a viscous-coupling center diff and a limited-slip rear diff, all mechanical and no electronic gizmos. It's a blast to drive and the car's more predictable.

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Coelacanth wrote:I guess it's no different from technology in modern 1:1 cars these days. Controlling your car is getting to be more about the technology than the driving skills. The more intelligent & technological our world becomes, the less humans have to think & do...the dumbing-down of society has been going on for some time now.
Be careful there, you're starting to sound just like me! :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

LTO_Dave wrote: My Eagle Talon has a viscous-coupling center diff and a limited-slip rear diff, all mechanical and no electronic gizmos. It's a blast to drive and the car's more predictable.
Makes me think of the Audi 5000 Quattro we had when I was a teenager. AWD, stickshift, with manual locks for the center and rear diffs. Snow? What snow? :D

As for this doohickey, I'd like to see these RTR fanboys start out the way we did: kit, mechanical speed control, AA receiver pack, mechanical timer battery charger. I'd bet most of them would never be able to get the thing going at all... even after they actually went out and boguht a soldering iron.

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

I think that's really cool!
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Typicray@rainmans
Approved Member

Post by Typicray@rainmans »

The game forza 4 has assists that you can turn on and off. If rookies start with vehicle assists, they will never be able to properly drive. It is like not learning how to drive a stick before an auto.
Almost all my posts will be edited because I know what I want to write, but my fingers always hit the wrong keys.