Spurs

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

B3rc10
Approved Member

Spurs

Post by B3rc10 »

Anyone know if the b4 spur gear will work on my b3? All stock on the b3. I don't wan to wait on shipping for a b3 spur and my hobby shop has the b4 in stock. Both are 48p 81t....
Thanx

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Spurs

Post by scr8p »

no it won't

B3rc10
Approved Member

Post by B3rc10 »

scr8p wrote:no it won't
Do you know why?

B3rc10
Approved Member

Post by B3rc10 »

What about the t3 spur?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The spur that your b3 uses is the most common standard spur there is. It just requires the 2 holes and your good to go. A t3 spur will fit, anything prior to the b4 should be fine. Trucks will usually be a taller spur (87t?) but will physically fit. If your shop doesn't have a spur to fit the b3 I would seek another shop. Kimbrough, RRP, Associated, RJ speed, etc all have compatible spurs and any halfway reputable shop will have at least one of them
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

B3rc10
Approved Member

Post by B3rc10 »

Well son of a gun. They have the kimborough but not for the b3 or t3 just b4 and up. But they have holes in multiple spots...I'm guna take my spur off and see if any of the holes will line up tomorrow

Stumpy
Approved Member

Post by Stumpy »

B3,

In the Kimbrough range, you need a spur gear that looks like these ones in the link below to fit your B3.. Most hobby shops should carry these in stock..

http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=199

Cheers Mark..

B3rc10
Approved Member

Post by B3rc10 »

Stumpy wrote:B3,

In the Kimbrough range, you need a spur gear that looks like these ones in the link below to fit your B3.. Most hobby shops should carry these in stock..

http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=199

Cheers Mark..

Oh ok thanks. So this probly wouldn't work?

http://www.toadzrc.com/select-by-vehicle/associated/rc10b4/kimbrough-81t-48p-spur-gear-9651-sc10-b4-t4.html

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Nope
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Stumpy
Approved Member

Post by Stumpy »

B3,

That spur will not fit a standard B3, as gomachv has stated..

However, as I understand it, you could fit the top shaft from a B4, together with B4 slipper plates and slipper pads, and use that spur gear on your B3..

Its not a very cost effective solution to your problem, but it may help you with parts availability in the future..

Mark..