Mrlex's Green Machine

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mrlexan
Approved Member

Mrlex's Green Machine

Post by mrlexan »

Finally, I got the one powdercoated chassis that I really wanted. I do have the hot red, but the green is the one I really like. Was installed on a vehicle, but never run and not a scratch on it. I have had the standard green nose plate (not pictured) for a couple of years now, as found with a stack of them in a LHS. Also, the build from vehicle pictured. This will be my build up thread.

Having trouble with attachments... either works or it doesn't... not working at the moment.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ya, i like the green chassis, too. are you switching the parts over from the black tub?

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

That is the plan. I am cleaning house today... trying sort out my stuff I have here at the apartment, then hope to put some time into some minor builds.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Great! Can't wait to see the finished product. :D

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

is that a truck noseplate? noob question, how can you use that with the buggy front end and make it wide enough?
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

If you are selling those Kyosho shocks Mrlexan I am desparate for some please. :D Looking forward to the build, did they do a green motor mount to match :?:
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

As far as I know, they never made a green plate, but I could be wrong. I will be using a black one.

The shocks are Duratrax/Duraleaks. Does that change your mind?

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

mrlexan wrote:As far as I know, they never made a green plate, but I could be wrong. I will be using a black one.

The shocks are Duratrax/Duraleaks. Does that change your mind?
My bad :oops: I don't think I've ever seen these before they look just like Kyoshos, do they perform as well :?: , I guess not if you refer to them as Duraleaks :lol: I wanted them for my LWB Optima Mid project so unfortunately they're not what I am after :( thanks anyway Mrlexan.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

Mr lex did powder coating it change the weight of the chasis? I want to powder coat mine. Also does it change the value of the chassis? I am still up in the air over which vehicle to do it to. I have the 10T and T2. my plan is to change the balck parts out to blue using RPM parts. Any feedback would be appreciated. They are going to be runners not shelf queens.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Good question, not sure. When I get the other pulled apart I will weight it.... I have a scale that should tell me the difference.

If you powdercoated it yourself, not sure that it would add any value to it other than your own personal value. The reason why most of us here have added value (via our bidding on ebay), is that Associated released the chassis in yellow, green, blue, hot red, pink and they are hard to find. So the fact that they are original factory coated and hard to find is where the value comes from.

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

mrlexan wrote:Good question, not sure. When I get the other pulled apart I will weight it.... I have a scale that should tell me the difference.

If you powdercoated it yourself, not sure that it would add any value to it other than your own personal value. The reason why most of us here have added value (via our bidding on ebay), is that Associated released the chassis in yellow, green, blue, hot red, pink and they are hard to find. So the fact that they are original factory coated and hard to find is where the value comes from.
Oh I see. I was more concerened with lowering the value. One never knows when things change and you have to sell off toys. I guess it doesn't matter too much if its a runner. It is going to get beat up a lil anyway.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

If you have one coated from the factory, I personally would not put it on a runner..... but to each his own. Kinda like, I can't believe Asa opened up that SNIB CE RC10 as posted in another thread, but that is just me.

RC Chick
Approved Member

Post by RC Chick »

nah these are just the normal black chasis. thanks for your help. I am interested though in the weight difference if any.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Anodized black are still worth a few bucks. Will post weights when I get to that point.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the powder coated parts should weigh more.