Problems with tranny or spur gear need help

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Rc10tdriver

Problems with tranny or spur gear need help

Post by Rc10tdriver »

Ok got everything fixed on my rc10t1 and now its doing something nasty...it slips i can lightly place my foot eith on or in front of it and just the spur and the shaft it is mounted to the things the dogbones set in dont i move my foot and it slipps bad and slowy takes off and builds speed..i have tightened the little nut and tightened and loosened the things the dogbones sit in...nothing seems to fix it...ne suggestions other then buying a new1...im poor althe time do to bills...rather fix it if i can

adam lancia
Approved Member

Re: Problems with tranny or spur gear need help

Post by adam lancia »

Is there any loud, crunching noise coming from the truck when it's slipping or is it pretty quiet?

Make sure you don't have any oil or grease on the slipper pad, if that's dirty it won't function properly. I would also rebuild your differential just to be sure it's working correctly. Also check both the slipper spring and diff spring. If either of these is worn out (not crating enough tension) then neither of those assemblies will function correctly.

Rc10tdriver

Post by Rc10tdriver »

Yes there is a loud noise from it..i only have 1 spring for the spur bolt to hold the spur on..where does the other spring go.my truck is electric...

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

Ok, if it's making a loud noise, it's the differential. There's a spring in there too. I would do a search for an assembly manual and rebuild the transmission. It sounds like your differential is loose.

Rc10tdriver

Post by Rc10tdriver »

Its defenitly the diff set up..i took it apart to rebuild it i found the spring it was stuck in the right side now when i slowly pulled the bolt out from the left side i waited to see the light bearings there was only 2 and those got lost due to the bolt and washers were dry not a speck of grease on it...i have a manual for the tranny now my question is do they sell whole trannys for the rc10t1 with all metal gears if not how about a good diff set.a website would be best there isnt many hobby stores here and the ones that r are too far to go to

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Rc10tdriver wrote:Its defenitly the diff set up..i took it apart to rebuild it i found the spring it was stuck in the right side now when i slowly pulled the bolt out from the left side i waited to see the light bearings there was only 2 and those got lost due to the bolt and washers were dry not a speck of grease on it...i have a manual for the tranny now my question is do they sell whole trannys for the rc10t1 with all metal gears if not how about a good diff set.a website would be best there isnt many hobby stores here and the ones that r are too far to go to

if you have the instructions and hence part numbers, then all you have to do is reorder new parts to replace those worn out or lost. Tower Hobbies is the best source for "older" rc10 parts :)

why the heck would you want an all-metal gear set? The 2.25 stealth is one of the best ever done in stock form. replace what's needed and start again!

Paul

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.