Ok so lets talk about the Losi XX cars ??

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jamin
Approved Member

Re: Ok so lets talk about the Losi XX cars ??

Post by jamin »

Here is mine in case some of you have not seen my build thread. This is a shelfer and going no where near a race track :roll: I've tried to build this as my ultimate XX, no expense spared and its getting there! This started off as a Kinwald Edition, but I think the only parts that are left from the oringal are the steering bell cranks - and maybe the bearings!

Just need to spray up the Jammin shell I have for it...

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

crusaderlyf wrote:I am luckly got the XX mint sealed score, was released in 1993.nice box painted
Phwooooor - seeing that slightly deformed box due to the tight shrink-wrapping (Losi boxes seemed to do this?) fills me so many great memories & much excitement of the day that I recieved my brand new XX... I had been approached by the owner of the local R/C car shop (RJH Models) who wanted to sponsor me, he offered me a brand new XX kit in exchange for three of my old buggies - a very sorry looking Hornet, a Mardave Meteor & my Cougar1, it was a good deal back then, as the only car of those three worth anything was the Cougar :D These 2nd hand cars he sold in the shop.

Although I have a NIB XX kit - it is a sport model with slider driveshafts - which we didn't get in the UK, my original XX was the 'full-fat' ball raced & hydradrive equipped model - which was indicated by the black background on the box. My box has the blue background, which along with being previously un-wrapped somehow loses 'that' magic! :|

P.S; Jamin; your XX is just so 'Hot' 8) 8) 8)

Richard
Approved Member

Post by Richard »

Brandon G wrote:
I would suggest a heavier spring and oil in the front shocks. You have too much forward weight transfer... Do you have any travel limiters inside the rear shocks?
Are you looping out in the turns, or does the lifting tire just bother you? That inside rear tire is going to offer the least traction of any in an off power turn. If it is not looping out, I'd say don't sweat it.
Hey Brandon, I haven't thought about the travel limiters... Thanks! It pretty much solved my problem. That, and setting up the rear suspension higher (not ride height of course). Apart from that, I had already changed front oil weight from 30 to 35.

Thanks.
TEAM LOSI XX-CR
TEAM LOSI XXX-SCT

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

DerbyDan wrote:P.S; Jamin; your XX is just so 'Hot' 8) 8) 8)
With a little help from my friends... :D

crusaderlyf
Approved Member

Post by crusaderlyf »

I think losi xx or xx cr are nice cars, but seens more hard to find than losi jrx series, they made less?

Momo5
Approved Member

Post by Momo5 »

crusaderlyf wrote:I think losi xx or xx cr are nice cars, but seens more hard to find than losi jrx series, they made less?
There are a lot of the XX cars around still. Just check out ebay. They generally go for a pretty cheap price too. I ran my XX for the first time last year and I was amazed how well it handled.

crusaderlyf
Approved Member

Post by crusaderlyf »

Momo5 wrote:
crusaderlyf wrote:I think losi xx or xx cr are nice cars, but seens more hard to find than losi jrx series, they made less?
There are a lot of the XX cars around still. Just check out ebay. They generally go for a pretty cheap price too. I ran my XX for the first time last year and I was amazed how well it handled.

Yes,parts and used cars around still , just hard to find NIB car kit.

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Certainly in the UK the XX became the 2wd buggy to have, as a racer you either had a B2/B3 or a Losi XX.... or if you were brave (or sponsored) a Cougar 2000 - I would say that the XX really raised the popularity of the Losi brand so that it was on a par (even surpass) with Associated.

But I must say that although there seems to be a steady stream of these cars appearing on ebay - considering the number that must have been sold they do seem fairly thin on the ground - especially compared to cars like the CAT2000EC which seem 'ten a penny' by comparison.

Part of the reason I think might be the sentimental attachment owners have of this old buggies - I know of a number of racers that still have a DoubleX from Bitd, as soon as you mention them these owners go gooey-eyed & statements like 'best buggy ever' :D

Mad Racer
Approved Member

Post by Mad Racer »

I think the Losi XX is way harder to find than others.

It took me some time to find mine & it came from here in the BST section. The problem I had was all the E bay listings was for the U.S only . Will not post to Australia. There is or was very little with XX on E Bay. All my spares that I bought ( Converted the rear end back to XX as it was a CR rear end) came from Valkerie Motor Sport. He is the only one I can get XX spares for it quickly. He has so much XX parts . He must buy complete cars & breaks them up.

Still I love my XX so much.
Vintage . Older is Better !!!!!!! Vintage At Boondal, Australia.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/548133-off-road-vintage-boondal.html

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

jamin wrote:Here is mine in case some of you have not seen my build thread. This is a shelfer and going no where near a race track :roll: I've tried to build this as my ultimate XX, no expense spared and its getting there! This started off as a Kinwald Edition, but I think the only parts that are left from the oringal are the steering bell cranks - and maybe the bearings!

Just need to spray up the Jammin shell I have for it...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a Jammin shell left!

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

aip47-2008 wrote:
scr8p wrote:i think the body part number was 8008xl or something like that.
According to Rich Trujillo (Losi Category Manager), whom I just traded e-mails with. That never came from us nor did we ever produce a body

for something like that.

They (Team Losi) only used the LOSA9903 long chassis for the XXT, and never offered a longer version of the XX with this chassis.

The XXL as shown in the picture from Reggie, must be a project from another race team perhaps????? We may never know

Any thoughts Reggie? Jason? :?

Aaron
The 'XXL' A-8040 was the body that came in the XX-CR kit. I think they named it badly as it seems to imply it was for use with the long chassis that the 1st gen XXT came with, but it wasn't. I found one yesterday NIP and will be putting it up for sale soon, perfect for someone doing a box-art XX-CR or replica :D
Attachments
DSC_5527.jpg