custom Late Edinger Rc10 **finished project**

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Re: custom Late Edinger Rc10 **finished project**

Post by billetproofcustoms »

Exactly,

BITD, I could only dream of buying an RC10. Now, as you said, I love restoring and rebuilding vintage rc, especially the RC10, I like to think what I do is working to preserve the legacy and relevance of the Rc10. I absolutely love these things!

I am presently building another one to keep, it is a racer that I plan on racing at my local track.

Thanks for the post..!
Jay Dub wrote:I build allot of vintage cars, and for me the fun is the experience of re-building a car that I never had BITD. I keep very few cars -mostly racers. I only have enough "room" for a handfull of special cars. I have no problem with what you are doing. -Jeff

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

That's a fantastic restoration that you've done. I'm very impressed by how clean everything is on it.
jwscab wrote:because after all the time and effort, it probably won't sell for as much as you put into it, PLUS, it will more than likely be sold to a bidder which will flip it through it's ebay chop shop.

I understand building them and selling them for profit, but it's a very fine line with vintage r/c, much more so than vintage full size, because the chop shop likelihood is much greater.
I higly doubt that the car will end up in a chop shop. In fact, I'll bet you $500 that it becomes a shelf queen in a good home :)

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Thanks for the compliment! I see you are bidding on the car, you sound like someone who apprecitates these cars, so I certainly wish you luck in the auction, I would hate for it to go to someone who would just chop it.
Check my other old posts here, I believe I posted pics of the last 2 I have done if you would like to see more of my work.

thanks

dragnse7en wrote:That's a fantastic restoration that you've done. I'm very impressed by how clean everything is on it.
jwscab wrote:because after all the time and effort, it probably won't sell for as much as you put into it, PLUS, it will more than likely be sold to a bidder which will flip it through it's ebay chop shop.

I understand building them and selling them for profit, but it's a very fine line with vintage r/c, much more so than vintage full size, because the chop shop likelihood is much greater.
I higly doubt that the car will end up in a chop shop. In fact, I'll bet you $500 that it becomes a shelf queen in a good home :)

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

No, thank you! I will certainly check out your older posts.

I guess I'm the 3rd person here who loves the BITD cars that they never owned, and now have that chance to have. I picked up two rc10 rollers, and the one that's in better condition of the two is a cadillac era car. I plan on restoring that one b/c it's the most complete of the two.

I saw your car on eBay after I saw this thread, and knew that I just got to have it. I plan on keeping it as a shelf queen, especially b/c of the 100% novak electrics and vintage AE stock motor. If I do ever run it, it'll be on an indoor carpet and only during practice time. I'll use the car I'm rebuilding to race instead.

I guess I'll start a gallery of my own after this, and include the rc10s last (the best for last!) :)

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

Two questions, if I may -

What did you make the side nets out of on the body? What stainless steel screw set did you get for it?

Just an interest for my "caddillac era" car, to make it the same. The happenstance happens to be that I also have the same wing as your car - an AE high downforce wing, uncut.

Again - sweet job on the car hoss :)

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Cant remember what the net stuff is called, got it at hobby lobby, dyed it black.

The stainless steel screws are sets that I put together and have for sale, so I guess you could say they are my sets..:)

Thanks for the purchase, Im sure the car is going to a good home, keep an eye out, I have another one coming soon..!

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

Thanks for the info. I was kind of hoping that there was a stainless screw set out there, but I realize how old this car is. My latest AE car was a TC5FT, but it came with the same black rust-prone screws in metric, so I couldn't use those. It wouldn't be impossible for me to piece my own stainless set together.

Thanks again! :)

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

The car arrived today. I just realized that I'm missing the large inner ring inserts for the rear tires om my build.

This car is great - it's super clean and complete. By coincidence, my build happened to come with the same wing, So I'm tempted to send the clear body and wing to a painter, along with this one, and own a set of close twin sister cars :)

Another beautiful feature I noticed is that the esc has a deans ultra male plug installed the same exact way I install mine on all my other rc cars' escs - a sweet and painless transition :)

Thanks a million!

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Glad it arrived safely!

I can do another body exactly (or better) like that one if you are interested, just let me know.
I can also do just about any other paint scheme you may be interested in.

P.S. keep a lookout for my next Edinger in a few weeks... :wink:

dragnse7en

Post by dragnse7en »

billetproofcustoms wrote:Glad it arrived safely!

I can do another body exactly (or better) like that one if you are interested, just let me know.
I can also do just about any other paint scheme you may be interested in.

P.S. keep a lookout for my next Edinger in a few weeks... :wink:
My only income is from my 100% combat PTSD, which only comes on the 1st of every month.

I'll still be very interested in what you have in store though :)

PM sent ;)