HELP !! is this Edinger? Cadillac? or plain-ol-RC10???

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Re: HELP !! is this Edinger? Cadillac? or plain-ol-RC10???

Post by billetproofcustoms »

thanks, but I just finished making my own..:)

allaircooled wrote:There is a sway bar on ebay right now just to let you know.

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

billetproofcustoms wrote:Thanks Ruffy,
Very light anodized tub and nose piece
Front spring cups are solid, not split, as are the rear, but they are not the cup type.
I have not been in the shocks yet, I will post back with those results.
Bulkhead does not have the cutouts if I am not mistaken.
Small diameter shock seals
nut built into the ball caps.
I just came up on 3 6010's with boxes that seem to be from around the same period as yours. I dug around the "25 years" thread and they seem to be late edi or early cad. Two of them are used and could have had parts swapped out at some point, but supposedly are all original except for tires/wheels and a few minor other things. The other one was built and only run once or twice by the original owner, so I highly doubt any parts were swapped out on it. But they are a lot like yours- solid spring cups, small seals, A stamps, etc. anodizing is darker on mine though. The nicer one has an early style gear cover though, where the two used ones have the later type. I guess some parts like this just transitioned over time instead of all at once, so it's harder to nail down a precise period like with the early and late cars that have set distinct parts. :?:
My boxes say Edinger, but the instructions say Cadillac. :?: :? Im new to RC-10's and trying to figure this out too. :lol:

-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

Wow, where did you happen upon that find?! Awesome! Are you going to restore them all?

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

billetproofcustoms wrote:Wow, where did you happen upon that find?! Awesome! Are you going to restore them all?
They were local finds. I got the two used/painted buggies through word of mouth. Everyone knows I'm into vintage R/C and VW stuff, so word gets around. I got the mint car a day or two later from another local guy I had bought some stuff from before. He's got a huge stash of vintage stuff and called to see if I was interested in it. I probably wouldn't have bought the first two if I had known I would end up with the mint car, but oh well, I got a good deal on all of them.
As soon as I find a Pro-line 3002 baja body, I'll rock that on the mint chassis. Then I'll flip the og body set and other two cars when I finally get BST access. At the rate I post, it could be 2017 before I'm eligible though. :lol:
I keep looking for a 3002, but no luck yet!
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

KScanvas

Post by KScanvas »

My Rc 10 buggy is just like yours. Bur im afraid too take it apart due too the fact mine belonged too my father, But alot of the parts yoou have look identical too mine. So whatever tips and advice you have for restoration please share them with me. id appreciate it very much.

And btw your other rcs look awesome.
DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!

billetproofcustoms
Approved Member

If you are talking to me, I would be glad to help you out with restoration advice, this forum is the best place you can be for RC10 restoration advice. If I cant answer something, I guarantee someone else here can.

Dont be afraid to disassemble the car, that is always my first step, complete dissasembly and then soak and clean all the Nylon parts, whiten them if they are badly yellowed (your choice, not always necessary) wash the chassis, etc..just take care to put all the hardware in some sort of container so you keep up with everything. Its always helpful to either download or buy an original manual to assist in re assembly.

I would not crack open the tranny or the shocks until later on, I save the rebuild of those until later, it is usually advisable to at least replace the "o" ring seals inside the shocks, but you will need to inspect them for other signs of damage that may need to be repaired. You will need to decide if you want to add a full bearing set to the tranny or not, if so, it will need to be almost completely torn apart, again dont be afraid of it, just take your time and enjoy the process. Restoring these cars is very gratifying.

LMK if you have any other questions.
KScanvas wrote:My Rc 10 buggy is just like yours. Bur im afraid too take it apart due too the fact mine belonged too my father, But alot of the parts yoou have look identical too mine. So whatever tips and advice you have for restoration please share them with me. id appreciate it very much.

And btw your other rcs look awesome.

KScanvas

Post by KScanvas »

Thanks soo much ill definitley try my best too keep you updated and ill look intto takeing it apart when i get soem money, and im trying really hard too get pics of it up but me and technology dont get along that well.
DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!