Discussion - shelfer or runner

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Halgar
Approved Member

Re: Discussion - shelfer or runner

Post by Halgar »

RETRO R/C wrote:LOLOL - I think the bird needs a clown hat!

Cheers

Darryn
LOL :mrgreen:

Hey, wait a minute! :shock: You guys are picking on me aren't you! :? :evil:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

RETRO R/C
Approved Member

Post by RETRO R/C »

ROTFL - mate - your a dead set champion.....could not agree with your comments more.

I will say that there is also plenty of good things to be said for people that preserve NIB and new built cars as well. EVERY time a NIB gets built or a new built gets run - that is one less in the world. While they may have been meant to be built and run - there is also a strange "self deprivation" type of satisfaction from stopping yourself from building a piece of our hobbies history. Just knowing what you could build and thumbing through the manual and parts is a good feeling too - so is admiring the box art etc etc .....ahhh - waffle waffle waffle...Sorry!

Cheers

Darryn
TO KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING - YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN
VENOM International | Factory Pilot - Team SCHUMACHER UK | J-Concepts USA | B-Fast Performance USA | Bugle Boy Racing | MAX Racing Products International

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!! Now you're just talking CrAzY talk! Ya can't open a NIB, let alone run it! We'll just set it right over here on this long horizontal plank - it's NOT a shelf!! It's just a random horizontal plank that happens to be in the vicinity of a wall, between the floor and the ceiling, shrouded in glass, behind a locked door, pressure sensors on the lock ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Fun...Fun...FUN!!! This was my Bosscat Works first run.

-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Now Jason, you see the difference between you and me here.....

I would have still run the BossCat like that (well.... maybe not EXACTLY like that.... puddles are good at letting the smoke out...), but I bet you took it home and cleaned the second life out of it... myself, I would have put it back on the shelf, coated... as an example of how cars are supposed to be!!!

But then, that's just me.....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Alex the sad truth with this car was that I did just the opposite. I took it home alright,sat it to one side of the work bench and didnt get around to pulling it down for around six months. EEK! Yep rusted diff balls to plates and all. The best part was though that I had enough spares to rebuild a near new car. Saying this though i haven't taken her back into the water since. Besides the 5.5 turn GTB didnt like swimming so deep in the end....Ha Ha Ha!
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Veni vidi vehicli, Bormac?
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I just realised something when I went home last night and looked at everything...I don't have shelves... :?

I did try to run one of my RC10's last night mildly in response to this thread and I found my batteries don't work anymore :shock:

How do you get them going again? Do I need to fully discharge them and then charge them or what? :oops: :|

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Ed, first thing first: what kind of batteries do you use? Anyway, you should defo try to discharge them at 0,7 Volts (3300 mAmps) or 0,9 Volts (3700 mAmps), ideally with a Novak Smart Tray. NEVER full discharge your batteries, you could bring them beneath zero Volt and cause a polarity reverse. Another very usefull item that REALLY takes care of your batteries is SPINTEC ( http://www.spintec.nl/ ), it helps reconditionning your batteries and breaks the crystals that may have formed. It's a bit hefty, but it's worth the investment. Hope this helps. If you plan not using your batteries during a few months, depending on what you use, charge them at 500 mAmps and stock them in a dry room at ambient temperature.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Asso_man! wrote:Ed, first thing first: what kind of batteries do you use? Anyway, you should defo try to discharge them at 0,7 Volts (3300 mAmps) or 0,9 Volts (3700 mAmps), ideally with a Novak Smart Tray. NEVER full discharge your batteries, you could bring them beneath zero Volt and cause a polarity reverse. Another very usefull item that REALLY takes care of your batteries is SPINTEC ( http://www.spintec.nl/ ), it helps reconditionning your batteries and breaks the crystals that may have formed. It's a bit hefty, but it's worth the investment. Hope this helps. If you plan not using your batteries during a few months, depending on what you use, charge them at 500 mAmps and stock them in a dry room at ambient temperature.
Thanks for the tips Asso_man!...

What do you mean what batteries do I use? I just use stick packs of various types, 6 cells, tamiya connectors, 3000mAh to 1500mAh, just stock stuff.

My battery charger is quite old and doesn't have the setting for charging them to a certain mAh...that's probably the problem...

I have no money for that SPINTEC device unfortunately :cry:

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

In order for you to be able to revive you batteries well you need to be able to discharge each cell individually. That only works when you have a side by side configuration with both the positive and negative end of each cell exposed. It won't work with stick packs. Trying to equally discharge a stick pack is like putting a one legged man in a butt-kicking contest....nothing good will come of it. Just try putting a charge into one of the newest packs and see how it goes. If one cell gets hot before the others, you'll have to pull the pack apart and rebuild it as a side by side, then get a discharge tray to bring the voltages of each cell down to the same level then start charging from there.

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

adam lancia wrote:In order for you to be able to revive you batteries well you need to be able to discharge each cell individually. That only works when you have a side by side configuration with both the positive and negative end of each cell exposed. It won't work with stick packs. Trying to equally discharge a stick pack is like putting a one legged man in a butt-kicking contest....nothing good will come of it. Just try putting a charge into one of the newest packs and see how it goes. If one cell gets hot before the others, you'll have to pull the pack apart and rebuild it as a side by side, then get a discharge tray to bring the voltages of each cell down to the same level then start charging from there.
Oh, no.

The packs are sticks and when I charge them they don't get hot at all and also they worked only a week or so ago. Maybe if I put them in my airing cupboard and heated them up a bit...

Tadracket
Approved Member

Post by Tadracket »

Man, totally missed this thread. It sucks when you have to work at work :lol:

Well, I gotta put my 2 cents in. Now, where is my coin purse?
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Since this has gotten onto Batt Condition/ing....I dont have the Equipment, OR the Money for it, and I have 2 GP 3300 Side X Side Packs that USED to be AWESOME, until I let them sit for a few months. :oops: Would somebody here who HAS said Equipment be willing to Recondition (or at least try) them for me? If so, what might one Charge for such a Service?

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

MONSTER wrote:Since this has gotten onto Batt Condition/ing....I dont have the Equipment, OR the Money for it, and I have 2 GP 3300 Side X Side Packs that USED to be AWESOME, until I let them sit for a few months. :oops: Would somebody here who HAS said Equipment be willing to Recondition (or at least try) them for me? If so, what might one Charge for such a Service?
I left mine for a couple of weeks and now they are caputski... :cry: