RPM TEAM CAR REAR END KIT

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

danglenode
Approved Member

Re: RPM TEAM CAR REAR END KIT

Post by danglenode »

Thanks for the photo. At this point and way too many hours of research I just can't tell if it is the right color chassis or not. So, to keep from driving myself insane I think I am just going to to use that chassis with a black T front and the parts I already have.

That means Dr. R, that I will be done before you, if not by the end of the weekend. Yours will look better though because I am sure you will have the correct color nose plate.

Cheers

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Hiya, yes I can't wait to see your build it sounds like it should be great, will you run it?

I am building mine to be a runner and have just written a thread

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2805

(with pics of all the bits in the post) because I am so excited...

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

I have now realized that you will finish before me. I was assembling the front end today only to realize that 1. I sold my last white truck shock tower on accident on ebay and 2 that my Andy's white arms I was going to use wont fit on the white RC10T front bulkhead... So now, I need to find the '91 worlds set up in RPM white and I need to find the RPM white shocks towers front and back in order to make this all work.

So the project will not be done for a while. If anyone has these parts for sale or trade let me know.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

a standard rc10 rear shock tower will work just fine. i may have an extra front worlds tower. i'll have to check.

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

I thought about using the standard shock tower, but in the directions for the RPM kit it says you need to cut away some of the rear bulkhead to make it work, and I have a few RPM rear bulkheads sitting around I would like to use that because I don't have any white stock bulkheads.

I think I found my RPM White parts that I need - Which White RPM arms are used with the 91 RPM worlds conversion?

So now all I need to find is an RPM Rear shock tower, and the insides of an early stealth to put into my RPM tranny.

The more I see the chassis I have the more I want to wait for a CC worlds chassis...but this will have to do for now.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

all you need to do to a stock ae shock tower is drill 2 new holes above the lower outside mounting holes. you need to modify the rear bulkhead for clearance of the rear a-arms. :wink:

you will have to modify the rpm trans case to fit with the worlds rear conversion, too.
Attachments
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG (169.67 KiB) Viewed 906 times
IMG_2168.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG (169.67 KiB) Viewed 906 times

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Sc8p -

On that blue chassis are those race master rims? Well I also have a white stealth case as well I could use. I still need to find the RPM truck front a-arms like your blue chassis... The ones I have are like the stock white a-arms. I didnt know RPM made the arms white like the ones you have.

I think it is easier to find a rear shock tower (stock or RPM) than a rear bulkhead but I will look around. It is all coming together slower than I thought. It went from having everything already that I thought would fit, to not having any of it in the right color or for the fight chassis.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

they are old proline delrin rims. they do look similar, though.

the front arms are buggy arms designed for the worlds conversion. they're narrower than a truck arm. i don't remember the part number, though. 8003 rings a bell for some reason. could be wrong. :?

the stock rear shock towers i believe are still available at tower. rpm rear towers and bulkheads are harder to come by.

here's an rpm trans case i modified for a worlds chassis.
Attachments
IMG_2171.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG (115.34 KiB) Viewed 883 times
IMG_2171.JPG
IMG_2171.JPG (115.34 KiB) Viewed 883 times
IMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2172.JPG (119.34 KiB) Viewed 884 times
IMG_2172.JPG
IMG_2172.JPG (119.34 KiB) Viewed 884 times
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG (119.04 KiB) Viewed 883 times
IMG_2177.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG (119.04 KiB) Viewed 883 times

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Oooh, that's the "whiskers approved" trans case! :lol: :lol: :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

templeofspeed wrote:Oooh, that's the "whiskers approved" trans case! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yup. :)

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

Awesome modify - was that all with a dremel? The shock stock towers are easy to come by and I have a few RPM bulkheads but the hardest thing to find I think are the RPM Worlds Front Arms. Not sure how I am going to obtain those... I do think I am going to modify the RPM stealth case I have a few of those and 2 more coming from Tower.

If anyone has the white Worlds RPM Arms let me know...

Any ideas what I could use as a substitute until I find the arms? I was kinda thinking I could just shave down the Andy's arms I have to make them fit, or even some stock arms... Is there any difference in length to the wheel from the bulkhead with the special RPM arms from stock or Andy's?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ya, i just used a dremel on the case.

the worlds arms are longer than the stock associated and the andy's arms. unless you have the andy's pro race front arms. they are the same length as the rpm arms, but won't fit on the rc10t bulkhead. but, if your andy's arms are white, they aren't the pro race arms.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

how close in size are the RPM worlds front arms and the Ultima/JRX2 RPM or Andy's arms? can they be used?
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, there's like 3 different arms that rpm made for a losi. so, it would depend on which ones. i know there's a thread on the forum somewhere about the different losi arms and their lengths, but i'd have to try and find it.

one thing with the losi arms is that they're more inline between the arm mount and the castor block. the rc10 arms are set back at the castor block. does that make sense? alot of what i type doesn't. :P :lol:

danglenode
Approved Member

Post by danglenode »

ok... So now how do I tell if the RPM arms are for the Worlds front end or just the standard white RPM arms for the buggy? Like for say eBay how would I know when looking at them from the photo?