picked up a rc10b today

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: picked up a rc10b today

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

As stated above, it's not a TQ10, but I think that's a real diamond in the rough. :mrgreen: I'd tear it down, finish dying(white parts)and maybe re-dying all those red parts, strip that motor plate and maybe paint it black. If you really want to do it right, have the motor plate ano'd or powder coated black. 8) I think that graphite chassis with red parts will look real sharp once it's properly cleaned and detailed. Maybe reassemble with red hardware. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

So how do you tell the diffrance in the 2? I am still happy with the car. So maybe I jumped the gun in thinking it was a tq10. After I read somewhere the tq10 came with red plastic instead of white and saw tq on the front tires I got carried away. Yes my plans are to go with the red and black theam to include a custom painted black and red body. Kinda bummed but still excited about the project. So d y'all think the parts where dyed or aftermarked molded red? Would these parts be off a gold pan because the steering components look a lot diffrent then my rc10 graphite.
Super phenominal cosmic plans! itty bitty bank account.

Procrastinators unite!......tomorrow.
My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Ok I see the diffrance the tq10 has a shinier look and the sides cut in sharper at the front are what I see right off hand. So I will stop refering to it as a tq10. I admit it when I am ignorant. That's why I am here any way to learn about these cars. This is only my second rc10. I honestly thank you guys for you info and guidance. Might still build as a shelf queen. I want to race one of them though. Not really wanting tho race the graphite though the chassis botom hardley has a scratch on it. What one would you guys build as a shelf queen? Maybe put my red parts on the graphite? Ok I am getting excited again about it. I got the now reffered to as the "red one"for the amazingly low price of free. The graphite was 50.00 as a roller back in 97 with a widebody 80's camaro body. Sorry I get carried away sometimes when I start typing

My new Fb page by bashers for bashers. Rc bashers unite! http://www.facebook.com/RcBashersUnite

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

I believe that's an MIP graphite chassis. Personally I like it better than the TQ10 chassis. The TQ10 graphite would peel off in a strip the entire length of the chassis if it got damaged. The TQ10 also had the shorter front arms. The arms on yours will perform better in most situations. :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I believe that's an MIP graphite chassis. Personally I like it better than the TQ10 chassis. The TQ10 graphite would peel off in a strip the entire length of the chassis if it got damaged. The TQ10 also had the shorter front arms. The arms on yours will perform better in most situations. :wink:
MIP never offered any chassis for the RC10. The early TQ10 came with short arms, later versions with long front a-arms. Looks like a Composite Craft/Parma/Traxxas chassis to me.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Asso_man! wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I believe that's an MIP graphite chassis. Personally I like it better than the TQ10 chassis. The TQ10 graphite would peel off in a strip the entire length of the chassis if it got damaged. The TQ10 also had the shorter front arms. The arms on yours will perform better in most situations. :wink:
MIP never offered any chassis for the RC10. The early TQ10 came with short arms, later versions with long front a-arms. Looks like a Composite Craft/Parma/Traxxas chassis to me.
That's why I rarely offer brand information. :oops: :lol: Bored at work though, so I just have to post something. :lol:
Ken

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Ok so far the plan is to keep the red rc10 red and rebuild the graphite with white parts. I can't wait to see the red one with a red and black body. Any one know where I can get red anodized hardware? Or do I needto find some one that will do it locally? And once again thankyou for all the info and ideas.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Fastener express has red aluminium hardeware

slim_chance
Approved Member

Post by slim_chance »

Sweet! Thanks it only shows blue but I am sure if I call I can get it in red. If I get the red hardware it will be a shelf queen