Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Re: Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

Post by Acemechanic »

Back when I was racing RC Cars I really enjoyed doing custom paint jobs. I used alot of Autographics decal sets to put the finishing touches on my custom jobs. I wish I had some photos of the bodies I painted. There is one inparticular that I really wish I never raced with. I should have just put it on a shelf queen or something. It started out white on the nose then i faded to yellow which faded to orange then red and finished off with black on the tail. When I sprayed the black I peeled off the masking tape and the black made tiger stripes through all the colors. It came out awsome. It was too nice to cover up with decals. The only decals on the car were the numbers. The car needed a number to race. Oh how hide shight is always 20/20.

Gordon.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

tizeye wrote:
scr8p wrote:i don't know........ something someone had told me, or something i remember reading.
Sadly alot of this wisdom will become lost in this 7 page thread...

Pete
True enough. When I'm bored at work I'll spend a lot of time in the general forum(which is now locked)and browsing other old posts. There is a lot of great stuff in there. Even though a lot of the stuff I ask/say has been said before if you search it, I still like to post it becuase there is kind of a revolving door of reg'd members. I see hundreds of posts from user names I've never seen before back there. Some were posted 18 months ago and the guy will have 1 post. :shock: I almost started a thread in off/topic about long ago lost members that left after one post. That sort of thing intrigues me. Saw you were selling the Vanning by the way. Wish I was single :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Acemechanic wrote:Back when I was racing RC Cars I really enjoyed doing custom paint jobs. I used alot of Autographics decal sets to put the finishing touches on my custom jobs. I wish I had some photos of the bodies I painted. There is one inparticular that I really wish I never raced with. I should have just put it on a shelf queen or something. It started out white on the nose then i faded to yellow which faded to orange then red and finished off with black on the tail. When I sprayed the black I peeled off the masking tape and the black made tiger stripes through all the colors. It came out awsome. It was too nice to cover up with decals. The only decals on the car were the numbers. The car needed a number to race. Oh how hide shight is always 20/20.

Gordon.
If only digital cameras had come along sooner.... :( Can you imagine all the cool pics...? 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Yeah well..thinking of selling the Vanning..it is kinda big so it's not that easy to display..mind you I don't have a single display area I move my cars around the house..my Wild Willy is in the bathroom right now.. :lol:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

tizeye wrote:Yeah well..thinking of selling the Vanning..it is kinda big so it's not that easy to display..mind you I don't have a single display area I move my cars around the house..my Wild Willy is in the bathroom right now.. :lol:
That's funny, my Wild Willy was just in the bathroom. :lol: I wish I had a storage problem! :mrgreen:
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
tizeye wrote:Yeah well..thinking of selling the Vanning..it is kinda big so it's not that easy to display..mind you I don't have a single display area I move my cars around the house..my Wild Willy is in the bathroom right now.. :lol:
That's funny, my Wild Willy was just in the bathroom. :lol: I wish I had a storage problem! :mrgreen:

It used to be a lot worse..I had old RC planes hanging from the ceiling for awhile...and then I went a little crazy over those little indoor choppers..I am selling off some of my stuff though..I just picked up a Kyosho 1/8 scale truggy to play around with..the thing is huge..but I need a motor..and a radio unit..and a starter box..it's going to owe me plenty..
Attachments
truggy 004.jpg
truggy 003.jpg

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

The RC bug is a terrible thing. I have several cars/trucks, One P51 mustang one ducted fan jet park flyer and one 48inch V hull boat powered with a Zenoha PUM230 gas engine. I plan on working on the boat over the weekend. I really want to get it finished so I can bring it to the family camp this summer. It should do somewhere between 40 - 60mph on the water. I plan on making a spot to carry a GPS unit to get an accuate MPH rating. It will also give me a guage on how well I tune the boat as well.

Gordon.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Acemechanic wrote:The RC bug is a terrible thing. I have several cars/trucks, One P51 mustang one ducted fan jet park flyer and one 48inch V hull boat powered with a Zenoha PUM230 gas engine. I plan on working on the boat over the weekend. I really want to get it finished so I can bring it to the family camp this summer. It should do somewhere between 40 - 60mph on the water. I plan on making a spot to carry a GPS unit to get an accuate MPH rating. It will also give me a guage on how well I tune the boat as well.

Gordon.
There's a 10 acre lake 150 feet from my backdoor. I keep threatening to get a boat, but just can't get the motivation. With all the new brushless stuff though it gets more and more tempting.
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
Acemechanic wrote:The RC bug is a terrible thing. I have several cars/trucks, One P51 mustang one ducted fan jet park flyer and one 48inch V hull boat powered with a Zenoha PUM230 gas engine. I plan on working on the boat over the weekend. I really want to get it finished so I can bring it to the family camp this summer. It should do somewhere between 40 - 60mph on the water. I plan on making a spot to carry a GPS unit to get an accuate MPH rating. It will also give me a guage on how well I tune the boat as well.

Gordon.
There's a 10 acre lake 150 feet from my backdoor. I keep threatening to get a boat, but just can't get the motivation. With all the new brushless stuff though it gets more and more tempting.
A friend of mine has a small V hull boat with a brushless motor and lipos..man that thing "Goes like a stabbed rat"....it could cut a hole through a ply boat...

Pete

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Been fooling around with the pink and blue body that came with my Sprint car...now blue and chrome...
Attachments
oval 002.jpg
oval 001.jpg

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

how about this for a paint sceme http://www.ascsracing.com/photo.asp?PH=409 http://www.ascsracing.com/photo.asp?PH=35 http://www.ascsracing.com/photo.asp?PH=4965 I amsure you will find some idea's you can use here

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

here is a good sceme for your orange frame
Attachments
tobychapman2006midwestchampion.jpg

murphy3428
Approved Member

Post by murphy3428 »

Acemechanic wrote:Hi everyone. Here are the photos that I said I would post of my BBT sprinter. I Hope you like it. Please comment on it let me know what you think. I still have quite a bit of work that needs to be done to make it functional but I am working on it. I still have to work on getting the decals on it and numbered. I also have to finish mounting the body pieces as well.
here is another pic of a paint sceme you could use
Attachments
hebing06psgchamp.jpg

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

murphy3428 wrote:here is a good sceme for your orange frame
That is a really good photo and who knows if the Die hard decals dont workout I may do somthing link this. Thank you for posting these.

Gordon

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Hey tizeye,
I think your on to something with that blue/chrome start. Lookin really good.
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!