Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I've been lurking this whole time and I just have to say it.....IT'S A CREAM DREAM!
That Vanning really seals the deal! :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I've been lurking this whole time and I just have to say it.....IT'S A CREAM DREAM!
Yeah that Vanning is something else isn't it...thanks for your comments TTMT..by the way where did they take it?..

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

tizeye wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I've been lurking this whole time and I just have to say it.....IT'S A CREAM DREAM!
Yeah that Vanning is something else isn't it...thanks for your comments TTMT..by the way where did they take it?..
TTMT: It's in a scene from one of my favorite movies. THE POPE OF GREENWICH VILLAGE. Mickey Rourke was/is one of my heroes. I couldn't believe it when I heard he was making a comeback.
Eric Roberts actually had the line, but he did a great job too. I saw it when I was 16 and have worn my hair like he did in that movie since. Well, the corporate world has made me turn it down a notch, but I have to feed my family...Seriously though, if I were rich I'd offer big$$ for this ride... :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:
tizeye wrote:
TTMT: It's in a scene from one of my favorite movies. THE POPE OF GREENWICH VILLAGE. Mickey Rourke was/is one of my heroes. I couldn't believe it when I heard he was making a comeback.
Eric Roberts actually had the line, but he did a great job too. I saw it when I was 16 and have worn my hair like he did in that movie since. Well, the corporate world has made me turn it down a notch, but I have to feed my family...Seriously though, if I were rich I'd offer big$$ for this ride... :mrgreen:
which ride are you talking about the BBT or the Vanning?...one of them has to go just not sure which or when...

Pete

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Both!! I'll PM you when I hit the lottery................ :D
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Both!! I'll PM you when I hit the lottery................ :D
Yeah you do that....this rc bug can cost you plenty can't it..there is always some other guy with better toys than you have..it happened when you were a kid and it happens today...but there is always someone who has worse toys than yours..if you want to feel good that's the kid you have to go and play with..

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

tizeye wrote:
THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Both!! I'll PM you when I hit the lottery................ :D
Yeah you do that....this rc bug can cost you plenty can't it..there is always some other guy with better toys than you have..it happened when you were a kid and it happens today...but there is always someone who has worse toys than yours..if you want to feel good that's the kid you have to go and play with..
You ain't kiddin'! I thought I was sick 'til I stumbled upon this site. I also thought I knew a lot about RC10s. Man was I wrong! Come to find out I know nothing! I have learned that I like to look at old RC10s, but honestly have no desire to own one unless it's NIB. Weird... :?
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

tizeye wrote:

Sorry if that sounds arrogant didn't mean it to..just trying to make you feel better that you can't afford them..no that's not right either..forget it.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

tizeye wrote:
tizeye wrote:

Sorry if that sounds arrogant didn't mean it to..just trying to make you feel better that you can't afford them..no that's not right either..forget it.
A. NO ONE CAN EVER OFFEND ME!! I'm too comfortable with myself for that.
B. I knew what you meant. It's all about Priorities(spelling?)
If you have a great collection...SHARE IT!!! That's why I hang out on this site so much. :D
Ken

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Cheers thanks for that..and keep watching this thread I'm spending tomorrow working on the Sprint Car so I'll try and post some pictures..

Pete

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

And here's what the 1/10 Losi tires look like on the car...
Attachments
trademe 033.jpg
trademe 032.jpg

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

Tizeye

How does the front of your car sit? Mine seems a little high. I am thinking about making a new shock mount to try and lower the front suspension a little bit. I just finished painting the metal parts for my car. As soon as I get the car back together I will post some pics of it.

Gordon

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Hi Gordon
Yes it does sit a little high...I made a new shock tower but I might have to make another...or us shorter shocks..can't wait for your pics

Pete

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

just another paint idea :mrgreen:

this one would be nice too for inspiration:

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Thanks for the ideas..I want it to look retro yrt modern if you know what I mean..where would I get JD decals from?

Pete