Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bearrickster
Approved Member

Re: Progress On My BBT Sprintcar

Post by bearrickster »

thanks cool site
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Been thinking about ways of adding a bit more realism to my car...the idea of putting a rubber strip around where a driver would normally climb in came to me in the middle of the night...what do you guys think?...Might add a seat back as well..gauges..steering wheel... :mrgreen:
Attachments
BBT.jpg
decals 004.jpg

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

AWSOME! Man verry nice car. I reall like this one and cant wait to see it painted. I think some more detail would be killer. I really like the seat idea. Heck if you really wanted to you could do a scale front suspension like the real ones.
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Bent wrote:AWSOME! Man verry nice car. I reall like this one and cant wait to see it painted. I think some more detail would be killer. I really like the seat idea. Heck if you really wanted to you could do a scale front suspension like the real ones.

Cheers thanks for that...I've decided that I'm going to have two body sets so I can either display it clear or painted...

Pete

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Now thats an awsome idea too. Either way I cant wait to see ths one painted up.
You run me in the grass imma run you in the wall, drive like a racer not a flippin idiot

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

That's a great looking sprinter, tizeye.

Question - why did you relocate the rear shocks from the rear of the upper mount to the front? Were there clearance issues?

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

There were issues when I was trying to adapt a different body to fit I re-postioned the shocks..I will move them back when I pull it down again...I've made an alloy chassis for it that has the front kick up plate like the RC10 has...

Pete

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

tizeye I was just wondering if you decided to paint the body if so could we get some pictures?

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Thanks for your interest...no I haven't painted it yet I've been doing other stuff on it..like finding and fitting titanium tie rods and an alloy steering system to match the rest of the car...polished the alloy wings.. just stuff..

Pete

Bent
Approved Member

Post by Bent »

Sounds awsome man cant wait to see it.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!

Acemechanic
Approved Member

Post by Acemechanic »

Hi I am glad that someone else is building up a BBT sprinter. I am also working on a BBT sprint car. I purchased the sprint car chassis and parts brand spanking new about 15 years ago. I quickly learned back then that finding wheels and tires was going to be a problem and I got discouraged with the project and pretty much abandoned it until now. Well I got bored a few weeks ago and spent alot of time searching the internet for wheels and tires for it. I came across the same web sight where you bought your wheels. I bought a set of wheels from Ray except that I purchased the 2.2 inch wheels instead of the 2.0 inch wheels because I wanted to run a rubber tire for the realism. I also had a hard time finding a set of tires that would look like a sprint car. Well I ended up buying a set of tires. I am currently waiting for them to arrive. I only ordered them a few days ago. So hopefully by this week i should have them. I am really excited that I found these wheels. They are just what I have been looking for so long. I really liked alot of his parts for the sprint cars. I also bought the top wing, front wing, wheel adpators, front bumper and some other misc. pieces. I really liked his A arms but I don't want to spend the money on those right now especially since I have a really nice set of Andies control arms on the car right now. I actually plan on making mine fully functional. I plan on getting a brushless motor and ESC for it along with a LiPo battery as long as i can fit the battery and all the electronics in the chassis. Its going to be a tight squeeze though so we will have to see about that. I hope to have my car painted by the end of the weekend. Once I get the paint work done I will post some photos of it here. Keep up the good work you are my inspration to get my car done.

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Acemechanic wrote:Hi I am glad that someone else is building up a BBT sprinter. I am also working on a BBT sprint car. I purchased the sprint car chassis and parts brand spanking new about 15 years ago. I quickly learned back then that finding wheels and tires was going to be a problem and I got discouraged with the project and pretty much abandoned it until now. Well I got bored a few weeks ago and spent alot of time searching the internet for wheels and tires for it. I came across the same web sight where you bought your wheels. I bought a set of wheels from Ray except that I purchased the 2.2 inch wheels instead of the 2.0 inch wheels because I wanted to run a rubber tire for the realism. I also had a hard time finding a set of tires that would look like a sprint car. Well I ended up buying a set of tires. I am currently waiting for them to arrive. I only ordered them a few days ago. So hopefully by this week i should have them. I am really excited that I found these wheels. They are just what I have been looking for so long. I really liked alot of his parts for the sprint cars. I also bought the top wing, front wing, wheel adpators, front bumper and some other misc. pieces. I really liked his A arms but I don't want to spend the money on those right now especially since I have a really nice set of Andies control arms on the car right now. I actually plan on making mine fully functional. I plan on getting a brushless motor and ESC for it along with a LiPo battery as long as i can fit the battery and all the electronics in the chassis. Its going to be a tight squeeze though so we will have to see about that. I hope to have my car painted by the end of the weekend. Once I get the paint work done I will post some photos of it here. Keep up the good work you are my inspration to get my car done.
Cheers thanks very much for that I feel honoured...maybe the next person who builds one of these will read these threads before they start and learn from our mistakes..the Losi front wheels off their Slider will fit my rims if I glue them..it is a loose fit but unlike yours it probably won't be going anywhere...I've even purchased a 1/10 scale Hemi V8 to put in it so that will look really wild..can't wait to see your pictures and welcome to the forum I've had a lot of fun in the short time that I've been here..great bunch of guys and a gal...

Soncho Ponza
Approved Member

Post by Soncho Ponza »

Those big rims and tires make your sprinter look big mean and nasty :twisted: . Thats the way the real sprinter look and feel hauln through the track. this build has great class and look, i like watchn it

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Soncho Ponza wrote:Those big rims and tires make your sprinter look big mean and nasty :twisted: . Thats the way the real sprinter look and feel hauln through the track. this build has great class and look, i like watchn it
Thanks Soncho, that is the look I'm going for..I've been researching sprint cars on the web (real ones) to get some ideas for a paint job..haven't found anything yet that I really like but I'm still looking..

Pete

tizeye
Approved Member

Post by tizeye »

Here's the rims with the Slider tires on them...I think they look pretty good..
Attachments
trademe 027.jpg
trademe 025.jpg
trademe 024.jpg