a thread for BambuLab machines

The place to be for printing in 3D.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: a thread for BambuLab machines

Post by GoMachV »

Oh dang, I have ended up on the global site a few times too, ugh. I did mine through PayPal with the 6 months no interest deal
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Let's talk strongest filaments for engineering / mechanical / RC models. Black to keep it simple. Doesn't need to be Bambu, but has to play well with Bambu hardware / software. I have heard good things about the Bambu PLA-CF, and have some on order, but would like to get thoughts from others. 90% of my printing is functional mechanical parts, so I would like to run the best filament for this cause.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I've been using the Phoenix nylon and am very impressed with the bonding and strength. It has normal nylon flex. I haven't tried their glass or CF nylon yet but the s is a very good product.

https://filamatrix.com/
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:23 pm Let's talk strongest filaments for engineering / mechanical / RC models. Black to keep it simple. Doesn't need to be Bambu, but has to play well with Bambu hardware / software. I have heard good things about the Bambu PLA-CF, and have some on order, but would like to get thoughts from others. 90% of my printing is functional mechanical parts, so I would like to run the best filament for this cause.
PLA is generally super easy to print... However, its main issue, and it is also true for PLA-CF, is the deflection temperature way lower than other material such as PETG... The results is that dark colors won't be sustainable outside in sunny conditions, neither in any color stored in a car under the sun : I've seen guys happy to show their printed cars and a warped car later in the afternoon...
PETG is more difficult to print, and comes with additional difficulties as it tends to stick to the nozzle as well, but at least it would resist temperatures in sunny conditions... And within the right conditions PETG-CF has a very nice finish. In anycase, you'd rather use a 0.6 nozzle than a 0.4 nozzle : this generally is valid for any filled filament, as otherwise it may clog too easily...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I never did a lot of random, just fun stuff with my Ender 3, and I think that was for two reasons. One it took too long, and two, there was a decent chance it was going to screw up and waste all that time. The Bambu is changing how I approach the fun stuff. I am now on Yeggi just looking for random things.

Couple of early takes on the machine. LOVE the AMS, and I was stupid to not think about getting it. I was printing out a scale engine yesterday, out of multiple parts, and I could do those parts in four different colors without changing a thing! That is cool!

Another big plus, and this sounds a bit stupid, but it is awesome; it puts itself to sleep!! My printer is in my hobby room, but that is also my home office. I was constantly having to go turn off the E3 because it constantly ran an annoying fan!

I think it will take awhile to get past just how fast thing moves, and it isn't super graceful. It is almost violent compared to how my E3 moved. Just hard to believe that something moving that fast and making such hard stops can be so precise.

My first gripe is the lighting. Could have used maybe another bulb on the opposite side, or maybe not so much tint on the glass?

This took about 4.5 hours @ .16, and is still at basically plug-n-play settings and non-Bambu PLA. This would have taken probably 18+ hours with the E3, and it would not have come out this nice. Even at .16, I am amazed by how smooth the lines are.
bambu 2.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

morrisey0 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:45 am I never did a lot of random, just fun stuff with my Ender 3, and I think that was for two reasons. One it took too long, and two, there was a decent chance it was going to screw up and waste all that time. The Bambu is changing how I approach the fun stuff. I am now on Yeggi just looking for random things.

Couple of early takes on the machine. LOVE the AMS, and I was stupid to not think about getting it. I was printing out a scale engine yesterday, out of multiple parts, and I could do those parts in four different colors without changing a thing! That is cool!

Another big plus, and this sounds a bit stupid, but it is awesome; it puts itself to sleep!! My printer is in my hobby room, but that is also my home office. I was constantly having to go turn off the E3 because it constantly ran an annoying fan!

I think it will take awhile to get past just how fast thing moves, and it isn't super graceful. It is almost violent compared to how my E3 moved. Just hard to believe that something moving that fast and making such hard stops can be so precise.

My first gripe is the lighting. Could have used maybe another bulb on the opposite side, or maybe not so much tint on the glass?

This took about 4.5 hours @ .16, and is still at basically plug-n-play settings and non-Bambu PLA. This would have taken probably 18+ hours with the E3, and it would not have come out this nice. Even at .16, I am amazed by how smooth the lines are.

bambu 2.jpg
I must say that I'm still impress each time I get a print done with the X1C... That said, having a resin printer next to it, it can't do as good as a resin printer, and mine is not even a top notch resin printer (and beside the fact it is slow, it is slow and cumbersome due to the post processing... and did I say it is slow? :-) )...
I tend to use the printer based on the use case... The X1C is very good, but it is even better when you focus on uses cases suitable for it...

HS-YZ250

Post by HS-YZ250 »

How easy are these printers to network? Do you have to drive them over octoprint?

At my company we have a couple of older Ultimaker 2 Extendeds that have a lot of hours on them and we've been debating replacing them. The new Ultimakers are really nice, but I'm wondering how these stack up.
Losi LXT (JRX-T Conversion)
Losi JRX Pro SE
Kyosho Rocky
Parts-Car-to-Runner Kyosho Rocky
Yokomo YZ10 WCS '95 Pavidis
RJ Speed Spec10 "Chew Toy Mk1"
Redcat Lightning STK "Chew Toy Mk 2"
Kyosho Lazer ZX, ZX-R, ZX-RR

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

They are cloud based but the newest one I believe can be networked. You would want to research it to be sure, called the x1e
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

HS-YZ250 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:23 pm Do you have to drive them over octoprint?
Their own cloud replaces the need for Octoprint.

HS-YZ250

Post by HS-YZ250 »

Looks like they're wifi only, no ethernet. That's a no-go for my company, unfortunately. We had an UM3 running on wifi for a bit but they got mad about it and, of course, you couldn't set a static ip on it, so that one nobody uses because you need to bring in a usb drive.
Losi LXT (JRX-T Conversion)
Losi JRX Pro SE
Kyosho Rocky
Parts-Car-to-Runner Kyosho Rocky
Yokomo YZ10 WCS '95 Pavidis
RJ Speed Spec10 "Chew Toy Mk1"
Redcat Lightning STK "Chew Toy Mk 2"
Kyosho Lazer ZX, ZX-R, ZX-RR

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

HS-YZ250 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:42 am Looks like they're wifi only, no ethernet. That's a no-go for my company, unfortunately. We had an UM3 running on wifi for a bit but they got mad about it and, of course, you couldn't set a static ip on it, so that one nobody uses because you need to bring in a usb drive.
for X1C, P1Series, yes. But the X1E is lan ready and without the requirement of cloud usage, if I understand well...

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

I had to get some more light in my X1C, so I went with this: https://www.printables.com/model/365027-bambulab-top-glass-riser-4-cob-led-remix-with-led- I like that it literally makes no changes to the physical printer at all, and can be removed by simply lifting it away.

It uses a TPU/TPE gasket, so it gave me a chance to experiment with my eSun TPE. It was nice to go to their site and grab a couple of files, and import them into Bambu Studio, and Wala, it now knows the filament and exactly what to do with it. Since I had the TPE in there, I made up a couple of Tami 3speed motor covers, and they came out just a little better than my E3 could do them. Little more stringing than I was hoping for, but I think that is just the nature of that stuff.

The only issue I have with the light is that the LED remote is apparently on the same frequency as my kitchen undercabinet lights, so yea, need to figure that out. :D
bambu 3.jpg

edit: camera views. The camera seems to self adjust to the amount of brightness, so it dims itself when the light first comes on. So, via the camera, the lighting isn't all that much different. I don't really use the camera because it seems to lag greatly and glitch and just stop a lot. I need to look into that.
bambu 4.jpg

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

the connector for the stock light is under the panel at the front left side from what I have seen online and people are connecting their LED strips to that. Then you dont have to turn it on and off manually. Not a big deal but since I have been considering adding lighting I figured id mention it. I like that setup you found, might give that one a go. My AMS is on a shelf above the printer since I have the top off often for PLA
Factory Works website