** Build of the Month Contest - August 2019 **

----------------------------------------------

April Build of the Month Winner - kcrisalli

Moderator: scr8p

Lonestar
Approved Member

Re: ** Build of the Month Contest - August 2019 **

Post by Lonestar »

dinglem wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:20 am I keep on posting up as and when my vintage stuff keeps on popping out of the loft. Not seeing many replies though. I was just presuming my posts were getting boring - HA!

I have seen this very same thing happen on a vintage BMX forum which I was heavily into before switching over to my RC hobby. The forum eventually went cold as more and more people shifted over to the Fb equivalents.

I have noticed RC10talk getting quieter of late. This is still my first point of reference when I am looking to research any given topic; being over in the UK we had quite a different perspective on things compared to the US 80's and 90's scene. It is quite refreshing to read. I expected a lot of input on my Igarashi MG post but not so.... you guys have a lot more experience and history on that front compared to over in the UK and I have used this forum extensively for my research.

I still have my two Coyote pictures sitting here ready for the BOTM contest... I was ready for August but now Sept will do :D
Yeah exactly... I feel really sorry for you guys who are doing insanely cool builds to not get more engagement from the board members - but then again, I'm to blame just like everyone else. I remember I used to come to the forum litterally 10 times a day in the past, these days it's mostly ten times a month.

in any case - please keep us dreaming, even if it's "only" 10 times a month :D

And thanks to the admins who keep the faith!
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Dinglem, I personally enjoy reading your posts as do others I'm sure. It's very interesting seeing the UK history/contribution to the hobby. The problem is when topics don't get replies it makes the original poster feel as if nobody is interested but that's not always the case. If members don't have anything to add, they don't reply. The subject has been touched on before, and why the "likes" feature was implemented. It offers acknowledgement When someone finds a post interesting but has nothing worthwhile to add. Even then though people don't want to abuse it by "liking" every other post they come across as that's silly too. If nothing else, your posts offer some great archived information! :)

On the subject of the activity we get, it's a balancing act. Too much traffic isn't necessarily a good thing either believe it or not. The more we get, the more it will cost to handle it, and it's already a strain to pay the bill we have now. There is such a thing as hosting where you only pay for the resources you use every month. A fair amount of money can be potentially saved this way. The downside is though if you use more resources for a given month than your spending cap, your site goes offline until the next month or you pay the overage amount. It may be something to look into but I dread having to move everything someplace else. Talk about opening up a can of worms! :shock:

In any case like mentioned, hopefully the traffic comes back to a more comfortable level in the following months. The same thing happened last year, just not to this extent.

orangemazda
Approved Member

Post by orangemazda »

I pop on the site at least 10 times a day to see what’s happening. I Don’t always post something but this definitely my favorite site! I guess I didn’t notice the thumbs up button, I’ll have to start using that.

I know things will pick up, summers almost over

Return to “RC10Talk Build of the Month Contest”