----------------------------------------------

May Build of the Month Winner - morrisey0

Moderator: scr8p

scr8p
Administrator

** Build of the Month Contest - August 2019 **

Post by scr8p »

Open To Any Manufacturer!

OK, this will be the thread for the August 2019 Build of the Month Contest.

Refresh yourself with the rules before entering - http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=35923

Please remember, no chit chat until all of the entries are locked in so they can stay grouped together.

GOOD LUCK!!!

** Place Holders **

If you would like to enter the contest, create a post as a "place holder". DO NOT POST ANY PICS. You have until the 5th of the month to lock in a spot (10 entries max). You will then have 2 days to edit your post and attach the pics of your entry. The poll will be started on the night of the 7th. If you have not submitted your pics by then you will be removed from the contest.

scr8p
Administrator

Re: ** Build of the Month Contest - August 2019 **

Post by scr8p »

Damn.... slow month.

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

Is it too late to enter my Coyote?
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

I might be able to find something again
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i think we're just gonna forget about for this month.

:?

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I can enter something
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RC10th wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:40 am I can enter anything
You randy bugger.... :P
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Sorry guys, I've run out of cars... and time... and to some extent energy for vintage rc stuff now that a track has opened not too far from where I live and my two kids race with me... lots of time spent on the modern rigs, especially as the two younger family members' keep banging boards all the time :roll:

Plus this is summer!

Take care yall

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

I will enter a car next month 😎
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Lonestar wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:05 am Sorry guys, I've run out of cars... and time... and to some extent energy for vintage rc stuff now that a track has opened not too far from where I live and my two kids race with me... lots of time spent on the modern rigs, especially as the two younger family members' keep banging boards all the time :roll:

Plus this is summer!

Take care yall

Paul
I'm afraid I have the same problem. All of my rc budget has been going toward racing. I'm currently racing stock 2wd buggy and short course truck class. Ill try to get back to posting on here and get an entry in the botm contest. I would hate to see it fade away.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

It's usually slow in the summer months.... i understand it. But this month was really bad. Hopefully it'll pick up for next month. The board as a whole.....

jkelm24
Approved Member

Post by jkelm24 »

Where have all the people gone? Has Facebook stolen the attention of all us vintage rc enthusiasts? RC10Talk Build of the Month is some of the best content on internet!!!

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

jkelm24 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm Where have all the people gone? Has Facebook stolen the attention of all us vintage rc enthusiasts? RC10Talk Build of the Month is some of the best content on internet!!!
I don't think it's any related to FB... most of us vintage RC loving folks are in our 40's and 50's anyway, because we were teens in the golden RC era of the 80's... social networks are not our cup of tea I would think, we actually despise it from what I can see and the conversations I have with my peers.

I think it's really about life just happening, possibly some of the interest waning away after most of us built our collection in the noughties already when we were in our 30's and so on. I'm very worried frankly, but I don't do anything to help, really.

I have immense admiration for the folks who are dedicating some precious time and often personal money to keep the forum alive - thank you guys.
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Activity always decreases during the spring/summer months in the States here but this time it really dropped off. I'm trying not to worry about it too much as I'm hoping it picks back up in the fall/winter again. It will be interesting to see just to what extent it does.

Even though we're a vintage-centric place, any facet of R/C from any time period can be discussed. Also, any other topic can be freely discussed as well no matter what it is or what it deals with. I hope people don't feel as if just because they have nothing left to add vintage R/C wise that they have to leave. I mean just look at Halgar for example. He hasn't done anything with R/C in like 20 years and yet we still can't get rid of him. :lol: :lol:

dinglem
Approved Member

Post by dinglem »

I keep on posting up as and when my vintage stuff keeps on popping out of the loft. Not seeing many replies though. I was just presuming my posts were getting boring - HA!

I have seen this very same thing happen on a vintage BMX forum which I was heavily into before switching over to my RC hobby. The forum eventually went cold as more and more people shifted over to the Fb equivalents.

I have noticed RC10talk getting quieter of late. This is still my first point of reference when I am looking to research any given topic; being over in the UK we had quite a different perspective on things compared to the US 80's and 90's scene. It is quite refreshing to read. I expected a lot of input on my Igarashi MG post but not so.... you guys have a lot more experience and history on that front compared to over in the UK and I have used this forum extensively for my research.

I still have my two Coyote pictures sitting here ready for the BOTM contest... I was ready for August but now Sept will do :D
CAT SWB&XL, Meteor (x3), RC10 custom, RC10 Graphite, Goldpan, 870c (x2), Works 91, Samurai, Pro Radiant (x2), Mini Mustang&Maxima, Mid Turbo, TOP Hybrid , Coyote, Hot Trick Optima, Supercharge, Brimod, 'Rory Cull' Hotshot, SRB.

Return to “RC10Talk Build of the Month Contest”