RC12i Restore ****Finished!****

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Re: RC12i Restore ****Finished!****

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

It's definitely worth investing in a quality set of lenses first. You can always upgrade the camera body later if you wanted. My old Digital Rebel has been through a lot of abuse and keeps on ticking, it has some issues with low light due to it's age. I won't replace it until I have all the lenses I want though. Besides the 17-55mm USM I also have a Canon 70-300mm USM which is killer for airshows and long distance shots. I still need to add a wide angle and probably an 18-55 and then I'll be good on lenses. Expensive stuff, but the photos you can take are well worth it.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Good glass is as important as a good body. I spent $2100 on my Nikon VR 70-200mm f2.8 lens a few years ago when I started doing weddings. Even though I use it on an outdated D2x body that cost about half that, it still takes amazing shots. I'd love to have a new Nikon full-frame body to actually take full advantage of such a good lens.

njdriver04
Approved Member

Post by njdriver04 »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:It's definitely worth investing in a quality set of lenses first. You can always upgrade the camera body later if you wanted. My old Digital Rebel has been through a lot of abuse and keeps on ticking, it has some issues with low light due to it's age. I won't replace it until I have all the lenses I want though. Besides the 17-55mm USM I also have a Canon 70-300mm USM which is killer for airshows and long distance shots. I still need to add a wide angle and probably an 18-55 and then I'll be good on lenses. Expensive stuff, but the photos you can take are well worth it.

I love my prime lens, shoots great in low light, prime lens has less glass for the light to travel through (no zoom) , so works well in low light . If you don't have one it is well worth it, i think they are generally less pricey compared to zoom lenses

Puffdogg
Approved Member

Post by Puffdogg »

Awesome work PlastiZapCA+. Makes me want to take on a 1/12th pan restoration. Yours will be the benchmark.

harold996tt
Approved Member

Post by harold996tt »

Love this restoration and so stoked I finally found one of my own. Can't wait for it to arrive. A lot of memories in this car for me as I used to run one back in the day. Just wondering is the esc correct as I thought it should be the 4 and not the t4 but my memory is rusty on this.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

A Novak 1, 2 or 4 would be 1985 period correct

harold996tt
Approved Member

Post by harold996tt »

RC10resto wrote:A Novak 1, 2 or 4 would be 1985 period correct
Great thanks Brian I have a couple of 4s around the place.

Wazza22
Approved Member

Post by Wazza22 »

Oh Man! I have just read through and looked at all your work. It is stunning!

Cheers,

Warren

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Puffdogg wrote:Awesome work PlastiZapCA+. Makes me want to take on a 1/12th pan restoration. Yours will be the benchmark.
Thanks! I've been inspired by your 1/8 cars myself so I might go in the other direction. :D

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

harold996tt wrote:
RC10resto wrote:A Novak 1, 2 or 4 would be 1985 period correct
Great thanks Brian I have a couple of 4s around the place.
Yep, had a hard time finding a 4 that didn't look like it was worked over with a hammer so went with the T4.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Wazza22 wrote:Oh Man! I have just read through and looked at all your work. It is stunning!

Cheers,

Warren
Thanks! I have a pile of 12E's still awaiting restoration. I'll get to them eventually. :mrgreen:

Been blowing wads of cash on this lately. Looking for 500 RWHP. Lots of things have to be beefed up to handle it and it all costs $$$. Should probably stick to R/C instead. :mrgreen:

harold996tt
Approved Member

Post by harold996tt »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:
Wazza22 wrote:Oh Man! I have just read through and looked at all your work. It is stunning!

Cheers,

Warren
Thanks! I have a pile of 12E's still awaiting restoration. I'll get to them eventually. :mrgreen:

Been blowing wads of cash on this lately. Looking for 500 RWHP. Lots of things have to be beefed up to handle it and it all costs $$$. Should probably stick to R/C instead. :mrgreen:

Hahahaha I hear you. I was down that path... But have reverted to RC. 1/1 scale sure had me distracted for a long time... But as my reflexes and guts diminished with age I went back to the smaller scale. You got a lovely beast there though. If you love 1/1 scale, check out my 1/1 blog linked up through my RC blog.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

harold996tt wrote:
PlastiZapCA+ wrote:

Cheers,

Warren

Hahahaha I hear you. I was down that path... But have reverted to RC. 1/1 scale sure had me distracted for a long time... But as my reflexes and guts diminished with age I went back to the smaller scale. You got a lovely beast there though. If you love 1/1 scale, check out my 1/1 blog linked up through my RC blog.
Wow! Nice rides, my glorified Holden isn't in the same league as those beauties. :lol: Muscle cars have come back in fashion here in the US so I've been trying to relive my youth with the Camaro. I'm working to turn it into a decent street strip car. I may end up putting together a purpose built drag car later on. For now I'm just playing around with the Camaro. Still reading through your blogs, great stuff!

harold996tt
Approved Member

Post by harold996tt »

Mate the Camaro is truly a gorgeous tip of the ht back to the glory days of the muscle car. Problem is that these muscle cars are so damn rare and hard to get here in Singapore and the huge engine size doesn't help with out road tax laws. I would love one!!! Hahaha glad you enjoy the blog. Unfortunately don't update it so often nowadays,