I had a bad day!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Re: I had a bad day!

Post by slotcarrod »

No Anthony I don't want anything back! You can help me paint some bodies in my scheme though! I need to get back racing to get my mind off of things! Plus the B5, B4.2 and Worlds survived! :)

Check out the other pics!
Window

Above desk

All my peg board parts melted

Enfield and Negant Full line of RC10T's bbq

Beams

Slotcar cases with line of new built RC10's on top, glass cases saved most slotcars!

Graphite with perfect VEA paint job (now for sale lite smoke damage :lol: JK)

Edinger

Team Car

The B2,B3 and B4 are totally gone with the NIB boxes! Worlds car is safe at work!

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Holly cow! So sorry about this. You can be as modest as you want, but when you get back to it, any of my parts are open to you. You have done a lot for a lot of people on here.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Every thing sitting on the 5x10 slotcar track was melted in one way or another! The runners should be ok but the bodies and wings are junk! Yes those are early and late TQ10's and a Stealth CE that hit the floor so not badly burnt but bent the nose plate! :roll: Can't win!
The water damage is not helping the few kits that are ok like my Avante, Egress and Bruiser the boxes are all junk!

A few kits I will try to salvage!

More Edinger

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

man..... that sucks. :(

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Rod those pictures are terrible. I do however think you can turn a few of those into something that can be used again though. When you get ready, send one of the badly fire damaged aluminum tub cars my way. I will gladly bring the car back to life for you with what ever it takes.

For those that don't know, about a year and a half ago, Rod took a car from his personal collection and put it up for a drawing for military members here on the forum. This was something he did from the kindness of his heart during a Memorial Day weekend.

Rod I really want to show my appreciation of you, and I would love to take one of those cars that is useless and turn it into something you can be proud of again. Please take all the time you need for your family and when you are ready, my machines and equipment will be waiting for you. Take care man.

Jake

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. It's very sad to see this and hope you recover quickly from it. If you need any parts your welcome to them, no charge.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Those slot cars mostly survived?? Amazing...I guess you need to be positive about what survived, rather than obsess about what perished. And the most important items that survived are the living creatures--people & dogs!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

aeiou
Approved Member

Post by aeiou »

So sorry to hear about (and see) this, Rod, but also very glad to hear that everyone is safe.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

SPEAKING OF SAFES ANYONE CHARGING LIPO BATTERIES SHOULD MAKE A DOUBLE WALLED INSULATED METAL CHARGING BOX OR SOME IDEA TO MAKE THEM BATTERIES SAFER WHEN CHARGING.TO KEEP OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES SAFE.IF SOMEONE DESIGNS ONE OR MORE WAYS TO MAKE IT SAFER AND COULD USE SOME THE CARS THAT CANT BE RESTORED TO RAISE MORE AWARENESS ABOUT LIPO AND SAFETY TO SAVE LIVES AND HOMES.DON

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Oh man :( Some of those car's might be hard to replace. Again Rod, very sorry. Will your Edinger chassis clean up? did the tires melt.

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Holy cow! :( Very sorry to hear of this. As terrible as this is it certainly could have been worse and I'm glad no one was injured and the pets are safe. You sure seem to be taking it better than I would have. I'd be rolling around on the ground crying if these were my toys! Keep your chin up and come back stronger than before.

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Don, Thumbs and the others that have commentated about old lipo's and charging safety are 100% correct! Please guys, learn from my bad experience! I thought I was safe charging my lipo's in a metal tray away from anything flammable. My charger was not in the tray and was sitting under peg board with hundreds of flammable plastic bags of parts, never thought about this being a problem! Never thought a charger would burst in flames! :( Don't get me wrong, the dead short from the charger caused that lipo to explode! Why do I know the lipo did not start my fire? The plastic cased lipo that was sitting beside it was perfect with no burn marks at all. In fact I hope to get it back from the fire investigator to use! :lol:

Make sure you charge in a lipo sack or metal box. Surplus NATO .50 cal ammo box is perfect for lipo's, but now I'm looking for something larger to hold my chargers as well!

Make sure your fire/smoke alarms are working, my basement one was not!!!!! :shock: I have a fire extinguisher on every floor and the garage, this did not help in my case smoke was too thick, but had I got there sooner? :wink:

Make sure you have good insurance! I use AMA and they have been fantastic so far! They sent a crew yesterday to remove and clean all cloth items already! Another crew removed all electronics to clean and test! They work fast, I just hope the building restoration is faster than normal. Though I'm told it could be months!

teman
Approved Member

Post by teman »

Great Advice Rod! I need to get one of those ammo boxes asap :oops:

After looking painfully at those photos, I must say I'm happy you reacted when you did or we wouldn't be having this conversation. The man upstairs must be looking out for you!
-Kevin

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I want to thank all the guys for the kind words and generous offers. I'm not looking for gifts, but later maybe help me find stuff at normal prices. :lol: Much later!!!! :lol:

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

Those pictures have left me nearly speechless. :(

Again, if there is anything I can do to help please ask...
Something clever goes here...