JR-RC Bad Vendor

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

olblueyez
Approved Member

JR-RC Bad Vendor

Post by olblueyez »

I ordered some parts from this vendor about a month ago. I have not received the parts and he refuses all communications. I just want to warn everyone.

http://jasons-store.highwire.com

“When lip service to some mysterious deity permits bestiality on Wednesday and absolution on Sunday, cash me out." ~ Frank Sinatra

scootmike
Approved Member

Re: JR-RC Bad Vendor

Post by scootmike »

Well that sucks.
Ordered a couple of things from him last weekend.
Did you pay with paypal?
Hope you can get your $$$ back.
Read a few bad stories on TamiyaClub about him too, of course after I payed.
I tried emailing him asking a question and never got a reply.

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

Jason has always come through for me luckily but shipping does take a long time and he never and I mean never answers any questions/messages which is quite annoying. Hopefully your parts will show up. My last order took about a month to arrive.
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

scootmike
Approved Member

Post by scootmike »

That's good to hear, hopefully his parts will show up.
You would think he could at least let the guy know what is going on though.
I ordered quite a bit thru the years from him and always received my parts, some took longer than others.
It is aggravating when you don't know if or when you will get your stuff!
Guess that is all part of buying out of the country.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

That's a bummer as I've always had good dealings with him

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

I had a similar prob with them recently. I've ordered plenty from them in the past, and it always arrived fairly quickly. The last order took over a month to arrive. I sent a couple messages and they never bothered to respond....
The parts finally arrived the day I was going to open a case. I was pissed about them not caring enough to respond, left them neutral feedback. Turns out there was no tracking, I guess that's why they didn't bother responding. I'm sure people take advantage of that and open a case to get a refund even though their parts arrived.
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

My opinion on that seller is he's a bit of an ass (hope he's not a member here, but if so...it is what it is). He had quantity = 2 of a rather rare item; he was asking an exhorbitant price for them. I had the item on my watch list about 4 times or more, each time his 20+ day auction would end with no buyers and he'd re-list. I tried messaging him numerous times asking if he wanted to sell the item or just keep sitting on it, weeks and weeks on end. The price he was asking was, in my opinion, double what it ought to be worth, if not even more overpriced; after all, he had TWO of them, not just one. He didn't even have the decency to reply to any of my messages with offers and to ask what he honestly thought was a fair price--opening the lines of communication and all--as he didn't sell that item during a 2+ month period of time. Not a single reply.

Seeing those negs, I'm not surprised. Communication doesn't seem to be his strong suit, even when people are flaming him for ripping them off.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

The strange thing is that 5-10 years ago he would give quick answers on questions and would always have nice vintage and new parts for a normal price (sometimes even cheap). His prices started going up at a certain point (2-3 years ago), and communications went down at the same time, around the same time when other, cheaper options for parts directly from Japan showed up on Ebay (even though those sellers have generally worse English skills than jr-rc).

And frankly, when newly made parts from Japan show up for Fireboy*-style gouging prices when you can get the same part from another seller for half that, why would I bother using jr-rc, even if my previous experience with him was good...

* Except that Fireboy generally only does that on vintage parts.

Small warning: the picture in the first post only shows the negatives he got in the last 12 months, not all feedback (which you can find here). So it's kinda misleading.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

EvolutionRevolution wrote:Small warning: the picture in the first post only shows the negatives he got in the last 12 months, not all feedback (which you can find here). So it's kinda misleading.
I see your point on the percentage of negative feedback being very small. Of course if you filter all feedback by negative feedback only, it's going to look bad, with all red this and that. What I took from the feedback, however, is the nature of the complaints, and the evident lack of communication to resolve them...terrible customer service to resolve complaints is bad news. If you're in that small percentage of unlucky customers, you're gonna be screwed, from the looks of it. And, some of those items were very pricy items with little or no attempt to resolve the disputes. Buyer beware; communication is a major part of customer service and eBay feedback.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

I have purchased some parts from him with no problem. But if you calculate only 1 of 100 are negative/neutral, so you have to hop you aren't that person :?
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i've bought a ton from jason. never an issue, but there is a total lack of communication and shipping is slow.
it's been a few years since i bought from him.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I should mention I've also purchased from him, but it was stuff that required no interaction on his end. That all flies out the window in the event of a dispute, however. Who cares if a seller has 99% positive feedback when you're the unlucky SOB who encounters a mistake or item not received or item not as described, and there's zero communication? Then, sh!t matters.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Coelacanth wrote:My opinion on that seller is he's a bit of an ass
as you know... I don't agree with Marc often, but on that I do.

I try to never buy from Jason unless I have really really no choice and have to bite the bullet... Because one has to admit that sometimes he has stuff that no-one else has, if only because he seems to attend more tamiya events than others, sometimes he resells (not for sale) promotional material at undecent price.

Actually I haven't bought from him for ages. But not surprised to hear he isn't getting any better... :roll:

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

If you file a case with paypal, regardless if you are in the right or the wrong, he'll ban you as a buyer. He must have a zero tolerance policy.

I bought something long ago and the PO sent it back for some reason, so he got the goods back and had my money. No communication to get it sent back and I naturally asked for my money back, but had to open a case (cause he wouldn't respond)..... so be banned me.
I am not here cause I am playing photographer and on my mountain bike.
www.gojammedia.com

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

mrlexan wrote:If you file a case with paypal, regardless if you are in the right or the wrong, he'll ban you as a buyer. He must have a zero tolerance policy.

I bought something long ago and the PO sent it back for some reason, so he got the goods back and had my money. No communication to get it sent back and I naturally asked for my money back, but had to open a case (cause he wouldn't respond)..... so be banned me.
That's not that bad, I had a lady ban me for not leaving her feedback :lol: It was the crazy lady I bought my dye from. Now I have to pay 8 more cents and use a different seller... :lol:
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"