Who hasn't built their re-release yet?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

joeman37
Approved Member

Re: Who hasn't built their re-release yet?

Post by joeman37 »

I have not built mine yet. Whole lot of regular life stuff taking over plus a back log of stuff to build. I was so excited to get it and thought I'd build it right away but it kept getting put off and put off...and now I have two SC10's I really have to get down to building to convert to dirt oval modifieds for my 7 year old and I for the upcoming outdoor season...of course now I see there may be a World's release soon...that might get built before the classic does...

-Joe

besty22
Approved Member

Post by besty22 »

mulepic wrote:I just got mine last week with no plans to build it. But I opened up the kit yesterday and I've since ordered the bearing kit, 17.5T motor, and esc. I guess I'll get to building it soon. I'm undecided about the body. From what I've read the Tamiya Camel Yellow is the most common to match the box art, is that right? If a vintage class opens up I'll race it otherwise it'll see limited use.

So, Is Camel Yellow the right colour? I think I have a Can in the Garage. Would be sweet if its the right colour
Respect - Hard Earned but Easily Lost

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

I used PS19 Camel Yellow on my ReRe.

besty22
Approved Member

Post by besty22 »

Thanks Pumpkinfish :) Looks great
Respect - Hard Earned but Easily Lost

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

Bought two, built and running one, sold the second cause there was really no sense in keeping it in the box. Currently enjoying wearing the ano off the bottom of the tub :mrgreen:. Sure doesn't hold up like the black hard coat tub we are all familiar with.

TheSpeedway
Approved Member

Post by TheSpeedway »

Im not in the list of owners with unbuilt kits.

I bought one and built it as soon as it arrived. During the build I decided I needed a 2nd one and kept putting it off but would check the stock status on the Tower site. This would go up and down like a yo yo if you were checking enough to notice. During one of the initial bounces that lasted only long enough for me to place an order I did so. As soon as that kit arrived I built it also.

1 will be a display car to sit right next to the mint Edinger. The other will be ran. I couldn't pass up the simple fact that an in the box kit meant you weren't chasing parts to complete it.

I see many hitting Craigslist around the country. Personally I hope Associated runs them again.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I just cracked open my second (sold the one I did in purple anno) as Marlo is sending me my third which I plan to keep unbuilt. I'm kinda glad I opened it cause the anno on it is terrible! Way worse than my first one. It's very dull and looks "thin" and blotchy. This will be a good one to anno a different color. I gotta say, QC was not great on these!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I still haven't done mine, waiting on my REC wheels. I think I have everything else ready to go, even a cool painted body from WED Jim.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Not yet, no idea why. I have a few to choose from. REC all alum build, REC trans and wheels, wheels only... on and on. No hurry here.

Might wait until some of the local guys get a track session going.

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

gomachv wrote:I just cracked open my second (sold the one I did in purple anno) as Marlo is sending me my third which I plan to keep unbuilt. I'm kinda glad I opened it cause the anno on it is terrible! Way worse than my first one. It's very dull and looks "thin" and blotchy. This will be a good one to anno a different color. I gotta say, QC was not great on these!
I'm sure they'll look better with some scratches on the bottom. I'll let you know at the end of the summer. :)

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

added a few to the shelf...boxed. Should open them up at least and check ano jobs on mine 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Got my AVID bearing kit last night. Should be finishing up the build later this week/month.

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

i finally built mine.box art body from todd moran i did fix the issues like the shock spacers and all but just built it like the way it came bushings and all.i did have two but sold one.i brought a re re chassis , nose and motor plate that i sent to don to have anodized to build a all aluminum car with. so i will wind up with two sort of but i am waiting on the worlds car to build if i like it i will buy two one to look at and one to play with.i wasnt that unhappy with the re re build tho.it gave me a chance to build a new rc10 from the box and not 50 orders from ebay to build a all new one.this must be the lowwest cost rc10 i own :lol: :lol: :lol:
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

R/Cat
Approved Member

Post by R/Cat »

I still haven't built mine although I cracked open the box to have a look when it first arrived. I threw a novak esc and Kinwald 10T brushed motor in the box to use when I get around to it but there are no immediate plans for that due to life and other r/c projects ahead of it (not to mention I'm fighting the urge to get a WC for my Kinwald motor even though I promised my wallet that the re-re classic would be the first and last AE car I buy). :)

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

My two classics are still hanging out in their boxes, I opened one to check it out but that's as far as I got. My two worlds kits are still sitting unopened.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !