What's for dinner?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Orange
Approved Member

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by Orange »

Tonights Dinner

OK, I know what you are thinking.... Hamburger Helper???

No... Its not Hamburger helper, however its nearly as easy to make and tastes a billion times better!

I call it Mexican Stroganoff. Its something that I invented... Or at least I thought I did 'till one day I was flipping through a Green Chile Recipe book and saw almost the same recipe, :) However, I tried that recipe and mine is better. Anyway, its super easy to make and my wife and I both love it! Here is the recipe if anyone would like to give it a shot!

(Oh, I don't know how to make it unless its for an army, But if you take lunch to work, this is a good leftover for that! :))

2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 bag wide Egg noodles
2 cups diced New Mexico Extra Hot Green Chile (I know not everyone has access to New Mexico (Or hot) Green Chile, so just use whatever subpar stuff you can get, :mrgreen: )
5 Sliced sauteed Mushrooms, Or you can cheat like me and get a can of sliced Mushrooms
1 small can of Cream of Chicken
1 small can of Cream of Mushroom
1 can of water
1 tsn of Tony Chachere's Cajun Creole
Salt and Pepper
Colby Jack Shredded Cheese

Its easy, Boil Noodles, Brown ground beef with the Cajun Creole, drain grease and add Chile, Mushrooms, Cream of Chicken and Mushroom, water and salt and pepper to your taste and let simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally, I do it without S&P because my wife does not like salty food. I add that later for my own, however, its always best to cook with the salt and pepper.
Mix in Noodles and serve with the cheese on top. It doesn't have to have cheese if you don't like it. Its still good either way.

Anyway, if you try it, I hope you like it. You can be a critic if you want, I'm a picky person and don't like everything, so its all ok, :)
Attachments
mexican stroh.jpg
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Looks good Orange! I was home alone Monday and got a craving for Chili Mac. I ate this at 10 in the morning! :lol: Most people like elbow macaroni, but I prefer Angel Hair. I like to top it with cheese and raw onions and green peppers for a nice crunch. As with everything, Tabasco on the side.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Tonight.... Red wine pot roast w/veggies and potatoes. And.... Apple Pie Moonshine to wash it down with. :D
dinner28.jpg
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Orange wrote:When we go to the lake we make pizza on the grill with that canned rolled up pizza dough.
I love home made pizza. I've experimented quite a bit and I've found the best way to make a pie at home is to keep it simple. I have to say though, the canned dough tastes like biscuits to me. I prefer the envelopes. They're dirt cheap and you just add water. I throw in a few dashes of garlic powder. I like to roll it out on a room temp pizza stone (make sure to have some extra flour down on the stone and some to help with rolling). Bake at 475 until golden brown. Then let it cool a bit before saucing and topping. If I'm using a ground meat I like it under the cheese. Pepperoni and veggies on top of the cheese. I prefer Kraft or Sargento pizza cheese. Right before putting back in the oven sprinkle with "Pizza Seasoning"! Make sure it says "Pizza Seasoning". Don't settle for "Italian" or anything like that. Not the same. You can really make a lot of variations with sauce, toppings and cheese. It's fun for the kids too. They don't have to be pretty to be delicious! 8) Here are some stock photos I have from the beer thread. Always a good pair with pizza...

Spicy Italian Sausage and artichoke hearts

Seasoned ground beef and caramelized onions
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

27 degrees F and snowing, but ol' blue can still make a mean pork loin!

Ken

dldiaz

Post by dldiaz »

Not dinner, but... Sunday breakfast.

blueberry-walnut pancakes:
Blueberry Pancakes (January 2014)_small.JPG
-dldiaz

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

That gasser is 20 years old and I've overhauled it 4 times from the burners up. It's so well seasoned I just can't bring myself to replace it. I have 2 smokers and a charcoal kettle grill, but I love the convenience of that one. I can keep in under the roof on the deck for grilling rain or shine without a huge mess. I try to grill about 4-5 nights a week. No pans to clean and it can still really get the smoke into the pork too. :mrgreen:

Ken

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

It's a Chop! It's a Steak! ...It's a Pork Steak! It's like a T-Bone and a Pork chop had a drunkin' one nighter and gave birth to a super tasty love child. 8) Roasted Potatoes and Golden Hominy on the side. Looks like I'll be jogging my long route in the morning.

Ken

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

At risk of alienating myself from the carnivores around here......

Here's a couple I prepared a few days ago.... home-made base, my own recipe sauce, and totally vegan.
Pizza.JPG
Tonight was only Spag Bol, so nothing much to show there.... although it utilised home-grown tomato, kale, and garlic.... and was yum!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Those pies look good, but having at least seven different meats on it would be better! :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Diamond Dave wrote:Those pies look good, but having at least seven different meats on it would be better! :lol:
Bring me a live cow over to the table, I'll carve off what I want and ride the rest home
-Denis Leary

:mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Diamond Dave wrote:Those pies look good, but having at least seven different meats on it would be better! :lol:
Not for me it wouldn't :roll:

I made do with four different types of (vegan) cheese..... "quattro formaggi", if you will....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Smashed up pistachios would be an OK substitute, but a really big portabello mushroom on every slice would suffice.

I take it that you don't eat meat?

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Diamond Dave wrote:Smashed up pistachios would be an OK substitute, but a really big portabello mushroom on every slice would suffice.

I take it that you don't eat meat?
You take it correctly :wink:

There was enough mushroom on there to make it work, and there was some 'mince' in the sauce.....

Nothing beats making your own bases, though.... especially with the extra added garlic :D

Alex
Osiris is the key.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Have to have extra garlic, the more the merrier!

Ended up ordering some Chinese take out tonight, even though I went shopping today and bought a boat load of stuff. :roll: