#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

orangemazda
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by orangemazda »

I don't agree. I think it's more like....

I've got an original 427 Cobra sitting in my garage. I only want to look at it, not drive it for fear of damaging it or putting too many miles on it.

Then one day I buy a 427 Cobra kit car and beat the piss out of it because I can, realizing that I still have my beautiful original at home.

Those who love to restore original RC10's with original parts can still have the thrill of searching high and low for original parts.

Only people looking to make a buck on original RC10's would be upset about the re-res in my opinion.

toyowner wrote:I totally agree with those who feel angry about this being a one-off money grab. I still have an original still in shrink wrap. There is no authenticity to these kits. It like knowing you have counterfeit art on your wall. Boo AE. Or really Boo Thundertiger

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

orangemazda wrote:I don't agree. I think it's more like....

I've got an original 427 Cobra sitting in my garage. I only want to look at it, not drive it for fear of damaging it or putting too many miles on it.

Then one day I buy a 427 Cobra kit car and beat the piss out of it because I can, realizing that I still have my beautiful original at home.

Those who love to restore original RC10's with original parts can still have the thrill of searching high and low for original parts.

Only people looking to make a buck on original RC10's would be upset about the re-res in my opinion.
Much better explanation as that's what I meant to say, but could not put to text what I was thinking.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

I can't wait for the piss beating of a Worlds car and not worry about the scratched chassis and broken parts

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I was just looking over my Classic and it's chassis is showing the signs of daily running on the street, grass, park, track, ect. I plan to race my Worlds car as well. It seems such a shame to put them up on a shelf when they run so well.
vintage AE wrote:I can't wait for the piss beating of a Worlds car and not worry about the scratched chassis and broken parts
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

vintage AE
Approved Member

Post by vintage AE »

ca-rj wrote:I was just looking over my Classic and it's chassis is showing the signs of daily running on the street, grass, park, track, ect. I plan to race my Worlds car as well. It seems such a shame to put them up on a shelf when they run so well.
vintage AE wrote:I can't wait for the piss beating of a Worlds car and not worry about the scratched chassis and broken parts
That's why I'm spending the extra cash and getting two of each 8) :D

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Same here and I don't even race RC much. Kart racing will halt all summer time RC. But it will be nice to have a race ready NEW RC10 and one on the shelf. I never had a Worlds car so I figured why not get two since they are affordable? As of right now I have a bunch of old parts to keep my current batch of cars up but just knowing AE has my back on replacement parts is reassuring as my shelf cars have a tendency of making track appearances.

Ducati Mechanic

Post by Ducati Mechanic »

Notice the guys that are upset about The team car re-release already own A original;).. I have a Salvador Dali print, it doesn't make the original worth any less.. I also have A-stamp gold tub, and when I bring it to a event everyone knows it's not a replica immediately! If anything the younger guys know what it is, because of the classic rerelease.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Let's not forget we are talking about a TOY car, not a 427 Cobra. Comparing the two would be apples to steak...
Or rather apples to, well, a 427 Cobra. :lol:

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Yeh AE should be congratulated shows they care,vintage is the way of the future like it or lump it.. I for one think it is trukn great an emplore other rc companies to get in on it aswell... Not all of us will agree but could be worse,they could re re those hidious hypercolor t shirts :shock: or the old so called mobile phones the size of bricks :lol: . I am just happy plebs like me, can after few months of saving get a re re,it would take me a year otherwise an something else always comes up :roll:

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

same here, i'm seriously considering building one to race outdoor in mod buggy. our big outdoor track can get a little bumpy and the old cars really soak it up.
during the vonats weekend my 17.5 powered 5link jrx2 schooled the mod buggy class, i think a worlds car will do the same. maybe in long wheel base w/ some .89 front shocks. :twisted:

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Tim, question as I'm now building my ReRe 6 gear...can you see if someone can do better QC because I'm missing the spline plate from my classic kit. Would really suck to get the Worlds and be missing, say the rare outdrive!!!

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

Johnboy72 wrote:Tim, question as I'm now building my ReRe 6 gear...can you see if someone can do better QC because I'm missing the spline plate from my classic kit. Would really suck to get the Worlds and be missing, say the rare outdrive!!!
Similar to what happened to Chris (Rouge), hope mine is complete since I haven't open it. :roll: :roll:
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Yeah I put a stealth in my classic and left the new 6 gear unopened in the box. Got Chris' aluminum case in yesterday and was thinking of starting on it after pt. But no spline plate. Put an old one in and doesn't quite line up in the case. Would've been nice to have the new one. Just hope the Worlds car has no issues.

250r
Approved Member

Post by 250r »

It's pretty simple really if you think about it. If you have any issues at all with the re re cars don't buy them problem solved. While we're out racing bashing or whatever with our re re cars those who choose to can sit home and roll the originals around on the living room floor!!
I have many original rc10s of all varieties but I'm still buying two world's re re cars.

thanks Tim and associated keep them coming i recently built three woin cars for friends to run. With the new parts available they can't get enough of the 10s. Seems as of late our 1/8 racers and sc 4x4s have been sitting in the gear bag while we remember how much fun rc is and was back when it was about just banging wheels .

Thanks guys

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Johnboy72 wrote:Tim, question as I'm now building my ReRe 6 gear...can you see if someone can do better QC because I'm missing the spline plate from my classic kit.
did you check in the package with the motor plate?