RC10 CLASSIC Wheels and Knockoffs!

Moderator: toyranosaur

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Re: RC10 CLASSIC Wheels and Knockoffs!

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

DMAT wrote:haha, most of this is going into a storage container with a rere and some parts. Maybe in 30 years I'll get to put it together XD
...I am glad to hear that I am not the only one.

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

Was just wondering and it's really none of my business but could you share your production run numbers for the tranny's and sets of wheels? If you don't want to I understand but was wondering how rare these two items will be.
Thanks in advance!
Remember it's either a runner or a shelfer. Everything else is just parts.

Check out my Gallery for more Collection Pictures http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20697

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

Why?did a.e. reveal their numbers? Has chris ever said how many stealth cases or anyother part he made how many their was?you buy from him because his parts are like snap on tools or a rolex or a 57 chevy. Everything he makes is rare just because most times he never makes them again. I paid top dollar for the 5 stealth cases I have because I got them after he stopped making them.i offered to pay him 2 1/2 times what he sold them for just to make 1 and he wouldnt.sorry but I had to say it.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

Very interesting... This is a hobby and we are talking about parts for an RC car, not top secret goverment parts or anything like that. I was just wondering for my own personal info. It's really a non-issue, and if Chris wants to answer me he can. If he doesn't that's ok too. But thanks for your input just the same. I had some front and rear aluminum shock towers made a while back and had 50 total sets. I sold most all of them gave some away and installed others on some of my cars. Not a big deal.

Check out my Gallery for more Collection Pictures http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=20697

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

I agree it would be interesting, but however without understanding his underlying cost structure and breakeven, the # of units produced doesn't help back into any strong takeaways about whether this is worth his while.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Releasing the numbers just makes it look better for resale. It's not a shelby cobra, in 40 years we won't be building a registry of who got what number. It's his call to say how many had been made, but really what's it matter!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Ansonnn

Post by Ansonnn »

I dont personally agree with the lashing out by some members. It is just a question about run rates. Maybe he/she wants to know how limited it is or maybe he didnt reserve one and hope it is a high run rate with some cancellations. Who knows and who really cares! Nonetheless, this member certainly has a right to ask and it is Chris who should hsve the final say on whether to publish the hard numbers or not.

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Ha! You guys.....Now I don't know whether to say, or lie, or remain silent! :P

I could say 'Almost None' and be right from the perspective of the big R/C picture. I could say 'Lots' and be right from my point of view. I could say 'None' and be correct as the things ain't done yet. So, it depends, and I do know that rarity and collector's desire for low numbers are important to my customers- Hell, I market parts with that in mind.

Trannies totaled 78: Wheelsets total 125 if all goes as planned. Sad thing on the trannies is, I came up a couple short, so a couple chaps will get refunded on one. This is a first and does not make me any happier than the buyer, but I'll do my best to make sure everyone gets something.

As I'm edging out of R/C parts, things will only get rarer & pricier from here, that's a certainty! This does not affect me, as I don't Ebay my own stuff while I'm in business, but collectors will start asking bigger prices on things, I'm sure. Chris REC

lexus-5
Approved Member

Post by lexus-5 »

Chris, thanks I appreciate your reply and am looking forward to receiving my items.

Best Regards,
Steve

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

Thanks for divulging Chris, very interesting.

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Interesting and did I hear you right that you are getting out of making RC parts? :shock: I love getting your new release emails even if I don't buy them all. :D
Jeff

Johnboy72
Approved Member

Post by Johnboy72 »

Praying I am one of the lucky guys to get the trans.

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

same here. crossing fingers.
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

Ansonnn

Post by Ansonnn »

Same here. I was waiting anxiously for his tranny pre-order and paid immediately to reserve them. I have a project RC10 I am working on that is in dire need of this tranny. Hope Chris doesn't pull straw0 to see who gets them and who doesn't. Haha.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

toyranosaur wrote:Sad thing on the trannies is, I came up a couple short, so a couple chaps will get refunded on one.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounded like a couple people who ordered two, will get refunded on one. Just my interpretation.