jconcepts detonator for rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Re: jconcepts detonator for rc10

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

First off, I didn't disrespect anyone. Maybe the designer of the body but that's it. All the paint jobs are sweet, especially the old school inspired ones. My feelings on the body are what I felt when I first looked at this crap. Sorry for expressing my feelings. Second, you act like nobody says anything negative about a body or any product on this site. (Go look at the Proline Bulldog thread) I hate it. If you like it, good for you. But don't get your lil feelings hurt over something someone says on the internet, especially when it has nothing to do with you directly. Click on my name, go look at my builds and tell me how much you hate them. I will laugh.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

SMOKE-DOG wrote:First off, I didn't disrespect anyone. Maybe the designer of the body but that's it. All the paint jobs are sweet, especially the old school inspired ones. My feelings on the body are what I felt when I first looked at this crap. Sorry for expressing my feelings. Second, you act like nobody says anything negative about a body or any product on this site. (Go look at the Proline Bulldog thread) I hate it. If you like it, good for you. But don't get your lil feelings hurt over something someone says on the internet, especially when it has nothing to do with you directly. Click on my name, go look at my builds and tell me how much you hate them. I will laugh.
It's all Chuck's fault :lol: he gets that way when, uh...riding :D

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

Chuck don't like it either.

Now what?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

SMOKE-DOG wrote:Chuck don't like it either.

Now what?
Chuck's wing is on the wrong side of the body :lol: :lol:

(I've always loved the Chuck series of pics...like you couldn't tell since I had some saved :lol: )

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

chuck should round house the windshield pillars and lay them back. then we can call it the "chuckonator".

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

scr8p wrote:chuck should round house the windshield pillars and lay them back. then we can call it the "chuckonator".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Money!

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Sixtysixdeuce wrote:
Wow, just now seeing this... I can't belive they released that crap. Horrible. I wouldn't even want to paint that thing. Those wheels are wack too. I'm stick to the old schools...
You know, if someone I didn't know were to walk up to me and say something like that about my car, my clothing.........whatever, I might just pop that person in the mouth. Not because I particularly care about another person's opinion, but because I cannot stand people who have no manners. There's a fine line between speaking your mind and being a jackass, and the difference is tact.
You would be charged with assault! You are no better than that person, in fact you would be the one in the back of the Police cruiser! I however agree that we all need to remember tact! Easier said than done, as noted above! :wink: We are all human!

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

You might not like it, but at least be thankful that Jason has taken an interest in our small segment of the hobby and is producing parts for us. I am not a fan of the body either, but love the new tires and wheels.
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
(I've always loved the Chuck series of pics...like you couldn't tell since I had some saved :lol: )
I had to search "Chuck" on this site. Thankfully, the engine didn't ignore the word. That's good stuff right there. Chuck's holding out and needs to contribute to the BMX thread.
- Brian -

My Gallery

terry.sc
Approved Member

Post by terry.sc »

Sixtysixdeuce wrote:
Wow, just now seeing this... I can't belive they released that crap. Horrible. I wouldn't even want to paint that thing. Those wheels are wack too. I'm stick to the old schools...
You know, if someone I didn't know were to walk up to me and say something like that about my car, my clothing.........whatever, I might just pop that person in the mouth. Not because I particularly care about another person's opinion, but because I cannot stand people who have no manners. There's a fine line between speaking your mind and being a jackass, and the difference is tact.
I'm with Smoke-Dog and Rod on this. Just because some of us think the Detonator is ugly doesn't mean we don't have the right to express our opinion. JConcepts is a business. They aren't making parts for the RC10 to please us, they are making them because they see a profit in them. No one should be attacked for voicing their opinion, JConcepts doesn't need people to defend them, especially in such violent terms. Some of the comments here seem to suggest we all should be worshipping JConcepts because they have made parts available to us, and we should all be thankful and buy the parts whether we want them or not to support JConcepts.

I'm sure if Proline brought out a cab forward body for the RC10 Classic everyone would be criticising them even more. Why should we not be allowed to criticise JConcepts in exactly the same way.

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

Y'ernat Al wrote:
I had to search "Chuck" on this site. Thankfully, the engine didn't ignore the word. That's good stuff right there. Chuck's holding out and needs to contribute to the BMX thread.
Chuck is an avid smoker, RCer and BMXer. In that order. He's got a whole collection of old 80's BMX bikes. He used to snatch them out from under kids, mid jump. I'm sure he'll pop up again soon.
He might need his own thread...

What's up terry.sc, I remember you from TC...

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

SMOKE-DOG wrote:
Y'ernat Al wrote:
Chuck is an avid smoker, RCer and BMXer. In that order. He's got a whole collection of old 80's BMX bikes. He used to snatch them out from under kids, mid jump. I'm sure he'll pop up again soon.
He might need his own thread...
:lol: I saw his bikes. I loved the 'goose.

No worries on the commentary. Opinions are good. It may be fugly to some, but I think the same thing about the Protech II and Vipers. To me they look like someone stepped on 'em. :cry: I can tell you the Detonator is MUCH better quality than either of those (ie NOT crap :wink: ), cause it fits the darn tub and isn't so thin you can easily dent it or rip it with your (or Chuck's) bare hands. :lol:
- Brian -

My Gallery

Sixtysixdeuce
Approved Member

Post by Sixtysixdeuce »

I'm with Smoke-Dog and Rod on this. Just because some of us think the Detonator is ugly doesn't mean we don't have the right to express our opinion. JConcepts is a business. They aren't making parts for the RC10 to please us, they are making them because they see a profit in them. No one should be attacked for voicing their opinion, JConcepts doesn't need people to defend them, especially in such violent terms. Some of the comments here seem to suggest we all should be worshipping JConcepts because they have made parts available to us, and we should all be thankful and buy the parts whether we want them or not to support JConcepts.

I'm sure if Proline brought out a cab forward body for the RC10 Classic everyone would be criticising them even more. Why should we not be allowed to criticise JConcepts in exactly the same way.
Apparently you missed the last two sentences in my post. Allow me to retort:
There's a fine line between speaking your mind and being a jackass, and the difference is tact.
There's a big difference in the way people will perceive and react to "Personally, I think this body is ugly. Not a fan of the wheels, either" versus what was said. Saying "I can't belive they released that crap. Horrible. I wouldn't even want to paint that thing." goes beyond criticizing the design; it is also insulting to those of us who did take the time to paint one up nice.

Of course not everyone will like it. Heck, it took awhile for me, and it's definitely not my favorite. And we have to respect other peoples opinions..........so long as those opinions are made known in a respectful manner.

Do you see? It's not about this particular instance, but rudeness in general. Like I said, I take no personal offense, and I'm not interested in defending the company. I just get irked by people who feel the need to say things in an offensive and uncalled for way. SMOKE-DOG could have made his point in a more articulate and less pointed manner, and clearly I'm not the only one who didn't care for his comments.

Not that the 1st amendment applies here anyway, since this is a privately held forum, but we would all do well to remember that having the right to freedom of speech does not mean there will not be consequences for what you say.
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead; It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid."

SMOKE-DOG
Approved Member

Post by SMOKE-DOG »

Man you need to come off it. Nothing I said was as disrespectful as what you were talking about. Calling me a jackass and talking about popping people in the mouth... You need to get over it and move on.