Who hasn't built their re-release yet?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

markbt73
Approved Member

Re: Who hasn't built their re-release yet?

Post by markbt73 »

Still in its box, but only for another week or so. Since it's technically a Christmas present, I promised my wife I'd wait. But it will get built, bone-stock at first, and then run, and from there all bets are off...

*RC222*

Post by *RC222* »

Mine is still in the box sealed up. Im tempted to build it and make a modernized racer out of it, but i have plenty of vintage cars to do that with so idk...plus that would mean a lot of new parts not being used. At the same time i wonder why keep it sealed up, what good is it besides having the box on display and to be able to say its unopened lol

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

I built mine as soon as it arrived and drove it in the dirt for the first time today. It was an absolute blast running it on a baseball diamond and grass. You guys need to get off the fence and build and run yours!
RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

Mine is half built at this point. Waiting until after Christmas(saving up gift cards) to make a couple orders for parts. I hope they run a Vintage class soon. I would like to run the Classic in Vintage and the RC-10 WOIN in 17.5 :-).

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

Mine is still sealed... unsure if the build is going to happen anytime soon or not...

Based on how slow other things are happening for me, it's going to remain sealed for a looooong time.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

No builds yet. My room is such a mess I have started a winter reorganization project before any new projects can start.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Mine is still sealed. Not sure what I want to do with it. I was going to buy two for my boys, but I had almost everything I needed for a set of twin gold pans already. I only bought one, figuring either I build it, or resell it later, IF the 'limited' release was for real. I bought one to help provide the demand, but the replacement parts was what I was really looking forward to.

almost 80% of my cars are just 'kits' of parts anyway, the others that are built are in line to be rebuilt and cleaned, so this one is really on the back burner, if at all.

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

All of mine are still sitting, I opened one to have a look. I am sure I will get to them eventually.

I have a huge clean up as well, coming up the first week of the new year, taking some time off to relax.

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

I opened mine when it arrived just to check it out, but other than that it's still sitting. It will probably stay on the shelf for a long time. Maybe after I get some other projects cleared out I'll build it.
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

Vale
Approved Member

Post by Vale »

Here is mine... It's a shelfer but I'm thinking about buying a second kit to race it....

I'm not very happy with the result and have already a second "body project" in mind :)

mulepic

Post by mulepic »

I just got mine last week with no plans to build it. But I opened up the kit yesterday and I've since ordered the bearing kit, 17.5T motor, and esc. I guess I'll get to building it soon. I'm undecided about the body. From what I've read the Tamiya Camel Yellow is the most common to match the box art, is that right? If a vintage class opens up I'll race it otherwise it'll see limited use.

briang
Approved Member

Post by briang »

Vale wrote:Here is mine... It's a shelfer but I'm thinking about buying a second kit to race it....

I'm not very happy with the result and have already a second "body project" in mind :)

Vale - I think it looks great!! You should be happy with the results :P

I hope to be able to finally build mine after the holidays, when I can slow down, take my time and savor the build :lol:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

CamplinP wrote:No builds yet. My room is such a mess I have started a winter reorganization project before any new projects can start.
Same here! :oops:

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Mine is still sealed and collecting dust. :mrgreen:

I have enough things to build already. Besides, scr8p is buying up all the Camel Yellow so I won't be able to do a boxart build. :lol:

chophead69
Approved Member

Post by chophead69 »

I ordered 3 kits but I canceled one because of the guys who were pointing out the bad with it.i opened one and I have a driver, wing and body painted by todd10 who had did it a whole 2 months before I got it.i plan on building it box stock except for fixing a few of the flaws.but it will have bushings and a swaybar plus a mechanical speed controller just like the 1st one did even a futuba radio.the second one I am saving up parts for to build as a hopup runner or bling it out.but then I wont have one still in the box sealed.....I new I should have brought 3.....or maybe just buy a chassis , nose and motor plate for the build.
My pop always said i had to many iron's in the fire