jconcepts detonator for rc10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

soniccj5
Approved Member

Re: jconcepts detonator for rc10

Post by soniccj5 »

JHarris wrote:The classic front tower has the standard holes as well as the lower holes that we drilled back in the day. With the shocks mounted in the lower holes the front end has the correct amount of travel.
Both my Dad's and my RC-10 from the early 80s already had the holes drilled in the shock tower. Strange..

As for the body, I it is growing on me. Once the wheels and tires are ready I might be making a large JConcepts order. :D

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

soniccj5 wrote:
JHarris wrote:The classic front tower has the standard holes as well as the lower holes that we drilled back in the day. With the shocks mounted in the lower holes the front end has the correct amount of travel.
Both my Dad's and my RC-10 from the early 80s already had the holes drilled in the shock tower. Strange..

As for the body, I it is growing on me. Once the wheels and tires are ready I might be making a large JConcepts order. :D
Classic tower on the left and original on the right
I drilled the extra holes a bit lower (10mm from top 6mm from outer edge)
Morten Max

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

SnoopMaxx wrote:
soniccj5 wrote:

Classic tower on the left and original on the right
I drilled the extra holes a bit lower (10mm from top 6mm from outer edge)

Aahhh.. Now I get it. Thanks for the pictures.

SnoopMaxx
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Just to clarify
I only drilled the 2 extra holes in the classic tower
The original already had the holes when I got it
Morten Max

ca-rj
Approved Member

Post by ca-rj »

Tower is listing the wheels and rear tires. Nice that the wheels are pretty cheap and sold in pairs and not sets of 4.

Tower is currently requiring a pre-order quantity of "3". :roll:

RC10 Short Arm | Novak Tempest ESC | Tamiya Torque Tuned 25T | Savox 1258 | Stealth Trans w/ Exotek Slipper Eliminator (geared 24/81)
RC10B3 | HW Just Stock Club Spec | Reedy 13.5 | Savox 1258

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Well guys, tomorrow is race day and I finally sat down and finished my worlds car this week. My plan is to get some video of the car in motion tomorrow so everyone can see how the body looks going around the track.

Also, in my JConcepts shipment today was a nice surprise. I received another preproduction accessory for T&E. I had seen this one before but hadn't held it. After being able to molest the part I'm actually pretty impressed. It looks killer and it will actually be an improvement over the stock part. I look forward to this and several other items being released!

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

What tease. Can't wait to see what you have. Thanks for the updates.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I've also been fortunate enough to see some of the pre-release JC parts...the RC10 community should be very enthusiastic about these parts 8) I know the company that it providing them sure is :D

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I've also been fortunate enough to see some of the pre-release JC parts...the RC10 community should be very enthusiastic about these parts 8) I know the company that it providing them sure is :D
I know I am, my boxart runner has just been put on hiatus and will be reevaluated now. It's time for something more unique.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

havent you guys teased enough? killin' me

someone buy my stuff in the BST so I can afford to build my JConcepts ReC10
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Here's a video from today. This is my worlds car with the Detonator body. The car has an LRP 13.5, green Double Dees and green Rips. Everyone that drove the car loved it. In this video Jason Ruona is at the wheel.

http://youtu.be/NxR-gbYEgwk

menace
Approved Member

Post by menace »

Standard DD's and Rips or new RC10 ones?

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

Standard. These tires were chosen to run today because they match what the new ones will be but we didn't run the "little" wheels. Hopefully next weekend we will test the narrow arm car with the little wheels. Today was the wide front end and 2.2's with the body only.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

JHarris wrote:Here's a video from today. This is my worlds car with the Detonator body. The car has an LRP 13.5, green Double Dees and green Rips. Everyone that drove the car loved it. In this video Jason Ruona is at the wheel.

http://youtu.be/NxR-gbYEgwk
Looks great! (why oh why did Space Coast add that "Neo" switchback section) :lol:

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

I would like to also go on record that I am in full support of the body and any parts that Jason decided to put out there for us. Its a huge undertaking and I would hope that everyone, even though they are not huge fans of some of the stuff would be a bit more supportive of the things that are coming out. I find Jason's love for this part of the hobby a blessing and as Jeff said already, he doesn't have to do this and if he didn't, it would not hurt him one bit. We should all be heavily supportive of anything "New" coming out whether we like it or not. They simply don't have to do it.

On another note, as I am appreciative that Associated also took on a huge undertaking to put out the RC10 Classic. I hope it does not stop there and hopefully we can all rally around that to make sure it continues. They as well did not need to do it. I was building one of my classics the other day and when I noticed the nose plate was drilled backwards I was kind of irritated at first, but then thought hell I don't care at all because if it was not for them, I would not even be building the car. We all just have to realize that it is a privilege and nothing should be complained about if we hope to see more things in the future.

I have talked to Jason about some of the items and I don't think further new items are not a part of the thinking. I think He wanted to stay on the theme of items that fit on the car now and to keep the vintage theme going as close as possible and go from there. But as I was reading through this thread all I could think of was "Man if I was him..." and I suppose you can fill in the rest of what I thought from that point. I don't know, but I just find some of the comments a little appalling. Just to be brutally honest about it.

That's all I got on that and sorry about the soap box rant, I just had to get that off my chest! :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback