A-Main Bullet Fwd 4ws RC10 conversion Tribute build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SFC K
Approved Member

Re: A-Main Bullet Fwd 4ws RC10 conversion Tribute build

Post by SFC K »

With the new pivot arms does the left side clear the transmission case? It looks as though it would when you try to turn to the right. I see you have the wheels turned to the left in the middle picture. Maybe it is just an illusion... :)
Jeff

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The only thing that doesn't clear is the left arm on the back side- it hits the battery mount standoff. With a thinner standoff or a notch in the arm it would be fine. That's what I did on the mock up arms.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

moved...bumped...now wheres the updates :P

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Patience!

I am told there may be an update very soon :mrgreen:

Thanks for moving it Todd 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Well I dropped the chassis off with sayre16 to get bent, should have it back soon. Guessing at the 10 and 15 degree angles to start with, we will see how it looks. Composite Craft wants "at least" $350 to make a mold for this chassis so I may end up doing it on my own, messing up some expensive carbon and buying tools that I won't ever use again, THEN having them do it correctly. :roll: I know myself so well :lol:

And yes, the lines are scribed- just highlighted in black to make it obvious :D
Factory Works website

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

The price from CC is for completely molding, cutting, and drilling the chassis? If so, what about pricing just a blank sheet with the necessary bends and cutting it yourself?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

No, that was just to make the form to build the chassis on. Material and CNC work would all be extra as well
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I stopped by RC Plus today with the bullet and talked to Ron. I knew it was going to be fun when he said "oh, look a Bullet. Those things were a pile of $&%@!" Lol.

He remembered them but said they were being developed for a while (couple years!) before they made the kit in late '87. He said they were a pile of poo to drive and since they ran a different line than the rwd cars they would cross paths twice on every corner- and the fwd would win the rubbing contest. He said that car destroyed racing until it was outlawed- not that it was fast or even good, it just was in the way- and fast enough to be trouble. He said they were constantly messing with the steering. It didn't steer tight, you turned in early and let it swing wide coming out.

He also said to get in touch with Kelly (Lundsford) and that he probably still has his 8) we will see!
If not he gave me another contact that may have info.

It was a good day. Finally someone that remembers this thing!
Factory Works website

Seabass
Business Member

Post by Seabass »

I tell you what guys, if you guys have CC build the mold then provide the material to me, I will machine the chassis for both you (Gomachv) and Phin for nothing. All you would need to do is get the material to me. I will be back in the states 1 Oct and should have my shop setup and running again in Nov.

Jake

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

gomachv this is one of my fav builds ever .. you should do another chassis that has the A-Main Bullet Fwd front end and the stock rc10 rear end. i always had a dream of a 4wd dual motor/trans kit..

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Seabass wrote:I tell you what guys, if you guys have CC build the mold then provide the material to me, I will machine the chassis for both you (Gomachv) and Phin for nothing. All you would need to do is get the material to me. I will be back in the states 1 Oct and should have my shop setup and running again in Nov.

Jake
That's awesome of you, Jake! I am not sure if we will go the CC route but its great to have that option! I have a few things that I need to get with you on!

longboardnj wrote:gomachv this is one of my fav builds ever .. you should do another chassis that has the A-Main Bullet Fwd front end and the stock rc10 rear end. i always had a dream of a 4wd dual motor/trans kit..
Dang- that was going to be a surprise :mrgreen:
Phin and I both have plans for this basic platform once the "original" is finished. My plans are to end up with a stock one, a version built the way "I" think it should have been (still period correct) and a dual motor version using two front end modules. I had a maxxum front/ultima rear monster truck BITD as well as multiple Tamiya based dual motor TA01/02/FF based cars and it was hella fun!
Phin's will be a different idea but I won't give it away, ill let him do that.
Factory Works website

1300GT

Post by 1300GT »

This is a great build Sir. Will "your" version have the motor mounted ahead of the front axle?
Chris.

Toys.............they are!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

1300GT wrote:This is a great build Sir. Will "your" version have the motor mounted ahead of the front axle?

Mine will keep the general layout the same, just fixing the bump steer, steering, geometry etc to my liking
Factory Works website

1300GT

Post by 1300GT »

gomachv wrote:
1300GT wrote:This is a great build Sir. Will "your" version have the motor mounted ahead of the front axle?

Mine will keep the general layout the same, just fixing the bump steer, steering, geometry etc to my liking
Ok. I look forward to seeing it.
Chris.

Toys.............they are!

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

longboardnj wrote:gomachv this is one of my fav builds ever .. you should do another chassis that has the A-Main Bullet Fwd front end and the stock rc10 rear end. i always had a dream of a 4wd dual motor/trans kit..
Dang- that was going to be a surprise :mrgreen:
Phin and I both have plans for this basic platform once the "original" is finished. My plans are to end up with a stock one, a version built the way "I" think it should have been (still period correct) and a dual motor version using two front end modules. I had a maxxum front/ultima rear monster truck BITD as well as multiple Tamiya based dual motor TA01/02/FF based cars and it was hella fun!
Phin's will be a different idea but I won't give it away, ill let him do that.[/quote]

very happy to hear that .. im glad someone with your skills is doing stuff like this,i dont have the patience, time,$$ ,or tools to do the nice work your doing(im more of a rat rod kind of builder anyway)..
as far as tamiya stuff did you ever think of a ta03 dual motor car?(is that the same as TA01/02/FF based cars? )
i had a ta03, thought about dual motors when i saw it in rc car action. turned out to be too much cash and time for me to put in for a old beat up car.