Period shell for each RC10?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Headling
Approved Member

Period shell for each RC10?

Post by Headling »

Sorry if there is a thread already in this but just wondered what shell was popular with each type of RC10??

Kit shell and Aftermarket shell?

With my RC10 Team, what was the kit shell?? What were popular aftermarket shells for this version??

I'm looking at TBG shells but not sure what to go for??
If in doubt go flat out!

Percymon
Approved Member

Re: Period shell for each RC10?

Post by Percymon »

Team Car was a Viper shell, still available from Associated. Earlier cars carried the ProTech shell with steeper cockpit area.

I got a Viper and Protech shell this week from Tower Hobbies, also grabbed two rear wing kits (comes with the wire stay and the plastic wing fixings). Sadly got stung for import duty but still worked out ok, since i had a load of other small associated parts in the parcel too. The Viper shell is now with the painters - i'm going with the advertising colour scheme rather than the box art (box art wasn;t changed from previous RC10 edition). The Protech shell i;ve bought so i have one painted up for when my re-re kit arrives in September.

The Mirage shell was quite popular in the UK in the RC10's racing heyday apparently.

TBG have a lot of shells, it was quite mind boggling looking through their options especially since some shells have multiple model names in their title so its not clear whether it was really a AE, Losi or aftermarket shell originally !

jaro
Approved Member

Post by jaro »

The Protech and Viper shells are still available from Associated, so you should be able to pick one up in the UK, got myself a Protech recently myself. The TBG Mirage or Turbo Mirage would also suit the RC10, have a Mirage myself which is OK but don't think it's as good as the RCPS original.

Those four shells were probably the most common on the UK circuit, with the Protech, Viper or Mirage and Turbo Mirage coming out in that order. There were obviously many other shells available for the car from the likes of Parma and others, which others may be able to help you.

I also had the Jammin body which was a nice one, it had a more rounded feel about it and was a snug fit around the chassis, don't know if it's still available.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

TQ10 came with the sidewinder iirc, and I want to say some very late champ cars could have come with the viper.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

gomachv wrote:TQ10 came with the sidewinder iirc, and I want to say some very late champ cars could have come with the viper.
Yep, but the CE's and Graphite cars (not the graphite team) cam with Protech II- except the late CE's were Vipers

Lazer

Post by Lazer »

gomachv wrote:TQ10 came with the sidewinder iirc, and I want to say some very late champ cars could have come with the viper.
correct on the TQ10/Sidewinder connection.

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

I never realized there was a Protech and a Protech II. Just googled the images to compare. Lucky for me, the one I like better is the one that's still available.

And yes, one of my black and gold CEs came with a Viper body. The other one probably did originally as well, but I don't have any body for it at all.

MrBreeze

Post by MrBreeze »

What is the correct wing for the black and white stealth CE?
"They call me the Breeze,.....I keep rollin' down the road."
Early six gear CE, black & white Stealth CE, RC10 classic, SC10 kit version.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

5 1/2"

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

MrBreeze wrote:What is the correct wing for the black and white stealth CE?
I'm sure that wing is the hi-down force wing #6182.