rc10 rear arm mounts

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: rc10 rear arm mounts

Post by scr8p »

Well if you run yours, you dont need new $40 arm mounts. There are used ones all over ebay that will fit your needs just fine. That was the point I was making earlier.

Also, no where did I ever mention nip stock ae mounts were cheap. And going by supply and demand, in an auction setting, they won't be. Just like anything else that's hard to find and a lot of people want.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

slow_jun wrote:I believe Cris (Rouge Elements), is planning a Run for the Rear Arm mounts, think that would be way more justifiable to buy than a $30-40 plastic arm mounts....a
hope so, id like to see a review with pics. hope the fit is better then some others that have made arm mounts. i rather spend cash on oem plastic then mounts that dont fit 100%

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

scr8p wrote:Well if you run yours, you dont need new $40 arm mounts. There are used ones all over ebay that will fit your needs just fine. That was the point I was making earlier.

Also, no where did I ever mention nip stock ae mounts were cheap. And going by supply and demand, in an auction setting, they won't be. Just like anything else that's hard to find and a lot of people want.
i try not to buy the used rc parts anymore. i rather find nib parts. i feel like alot of ebay is just people trying to make cash on stuff that should be free (or almost free) or just junk that should be thrown out . id buy rcs that were $20-$50 bin on ebay thinking id get a good deal (at least a good parts car) but it seems alot of stuff was hidden in pics or not mentioned in listing. i did buy some rear arm mounts in a few of the rc10 rear end parts listings back in the day (just to get more mounts) a few sets were trashed (loose, skuffed up) some mounts were cracked some stripped. dont get me wrong i did get some great stuff and some good used rear arm mounts on ebay . im sure others can get some good used arm mounts off ebay now too. when i look back i wish i spent more cash on mint rc stuff and less on cheap parts or parts cars. not tryin to be a wise guy to anyone it just feels good to vent about stuff like this..

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

scr8p wrote:Well if you run yours, you dont need new $40 arm mounts. There are used ones all over ebay that will fit your needs just fine. That was the point I was making earlier.

Yes eBay supply and demand. But times you bid a fair price. It goes for putrafouse sell. But a few days later its on eBay again. sometimes they have more. Sometimes the having a friend or a second eBay account to jack up prices.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Is is because of bigger jumps and bigger power that you guys are breaking these mounts? Are you snapping them or stripping the screw holes? I only raced carpet oval with my RC10 and never broke these mounts after hitting the wood barriers...many, many times. :lol:

How do the RPM and Robinson arm mounts hold up compared to the AE pieces? I've seen both types sell for less than the AE ones have recently.

And I'm wondering if anyone would actually want aluminum mounts because then the hinge pin and/or rear arm would be your weak link. And how would they hold up with metal-on-metal contact? Wouldn't delrin or nylon be the better choice?

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

I wouldn't care if the hinge pin or rear arm was the weak link, but ripping out the side of my chassis would probably put me in a bad mood.
Edit: you're preaching to the choir.
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

Yes eBay supply and demand. But times you bid a fair price. It goes for putrafouse sell. But a few days later its on eBay again. sometimes they have more. Sometimes the having a friend or a second eBay account to jack up prices.
yea ebay bidding is a joke. people should just look for bin or have some kind of ban on bids. i always thought it would be cool if anyone put something up for bid someone bid $9999999 then never pay . that would stop bidding and people would have to start naming prices. bidding sucks and has scams any way you do it. ebay bidding has the most scams someone can do cause its not in person.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Knock on wood... I haven't seen any scamming in any of the auctions I willingly participated in or sold. There have been a few that I was weary of and stayed away, but that's part of an auction site I suppose. A buy it now has its downside mostly as a seller. I've had many items sit around for a month or so at a fair price, then when listed as an auction, go for much higher. Had the opposite happen once in awhile too. :?

longboardnj
Approved Member

Post by longboardnj »

LTO_Dave wrote:Is is because of bigger jumps and bigger power that you guys are breaking these mounts? Are you snapping them or stripping the screw holes? I only raced carpet oval with my RC10 and never broke these mounts after hitting the wood barriers...many, many times. :lol:

How do the RPM and Robinson arm mounts hold up compared to the AE pieces? I've seen both types sell for less than the AE ones have recently.

And I'm wondering if anyone would actually want aluminum mounts because then the hinge pin and/or rear arm would be your weak link. And how would they hold up with metal-on-metal contact? Wouldn't delrin or nylon be the better choice?
i think delrin or nylon is the better choice for almost any rc part. any new rear arm mounts would be great. aluminum seems like the way to go in my mind just cause the people making vintage rc parts are making aluminum stuff.. if i had the choice id say delrin or nylon ...
because of bigger jumps and bigger power that you guys are breaking these mounts? yes and the plastic is getting old.. im sure i can now get 100 runs on my lawn with my rc10s without busting a rear arm mount. if i bashed or raced on a offroad track with a rc10/rc10t like it was a b4/t4 i bet id bust a rear arm mount.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

These were mentioned a year ago is this exact thread. Go get 'em! :wink:

http://www.russellrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_46&products_id=355

I'm glad I bought a stack of the nylon Cobra mounts a few years ago when I stumbled on them. :D

SnoopMaxx  It’s my birthday!
Approved Member

Post by SnoopMaxx »

Would these fit on the RC10 if I removed the front eye ?

Hot Racing Associated RC10GT aluminum rear arm mounts RGT010A
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-Associated-RC10GT-aluminum-rear-arm-mounts-RGT010A-/271168522196?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item3f22e747d4

Morten
Morten Max