The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Joe P

Where are all the vintage losi's??

Post by Joe P »

Hey guys. Ive had the flew for the last few days so ive been on the couch
and havent really left the house. To keep me busy, ive been all over the
internet looking for vintage parts, another jrx pro for parts, or old losi
revolution motors. Where are they all????
I look at ebay constantly. Ive also gone onto craigslist and have checked
every section of 40 states so far (im not kidding). I search for "losi" to keep it easy. The only things listed is newer losi's. There are an unlimited amount of Rc10's (some real nice ones), and other vintage cars or trucks but nothing for older losi's. I found one Junior 2. But with that kind of search you would think I would see Jrxt's, Jrx2's, pro's, pro se's, etc...
Nothing!! How is this possible? Did losi not sell as many cars back then as I thought they did?

As a kid I thought losi was a great product. They were winning races and giving associated a run for there money. I had a subscription to car action and I know Losi was very well advertised. They had to sell alot of cars.
Im just surprised how hard it is to find stuff. Any thoughts?

GoMachV

Re: Where are all the vintage losi's??

Post by GoMachV »

I really wish you were approved for the buy/sell/trade area. I have about 4 Losi's torn down, cleaned up and ready to build back up. I have built a Jrx-t out of the very best pieces, that I'm keeping. The early stuff was killer, but I loose interest in anything with a stiffezel chassis
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

gomachv wrote:I really wish you were approved for the buy/sell/trade area. I have about 4 Losi's torn down, cleaned up and ready to build back up. I have built a Jrx-t out of the very best pieces, that I'm keeping. The early stuff was killer, but I loose interest in anything with a stiffezel chassis
Are they Pro's by chance? I need to get to 25 comments! Wont be long.
There is so many interesting topics on this website it wont be long to get there.

Chris K
Approved Member

Post by Chris K »

I think that in many cases, there were more early Losi cars cut up to be converted into something else - such as oval or onroad applications. The RC10 chassis was 'different' (aluminum) construction and there were not a lot of early graphite/fiberglass varients of the chassis..... The Losi was introduced about the time that graphite was taking the r/c world by storm.

I have several 'significent' Losi cars and trucks in my collection both cars and trucks - but they need to get cleaned up and properly assembled. At some point (when I get old?) I'll begin assembly and display but for the present I'll probably continue to race (or my version thereof)....

You HAVE raised a good 'deep thought' on this subject though!
Wherever you go; there you are!

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

oh c'mon now they are out there. now i'm gonna have to go searching.

edit:

ebay search "jrx2" yeilds 3 decent vehicles on page one.
ebay search "jrx pro" has a minty one on page one. it's not cheap and it's in new zealand (but that's never stopped anyone on these boards)

hang around here long enough and you'll find alot of nice losi's. :mrgreen:

welcome to 10talk btw.

kfeldt
Approved Member

Post by kfeldt »

If you're patient you'll see JrxPro's, mostly in good shape, come up on ebay.

Keith

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

But all in all there are much less JRX style cars than RC10 at Ebay. I have raced both of them in the past but have just some single RC10 parts left somewhere. For the Losi car I think there are about 80 percent of a complete car left including an early chassis of the Proformance kit. Should result in a complete car again .... maybe later this year.

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

Chris K wrote:I think that in many cases, there were more early Losi cars cut up to be converted into something else - such as oval or onroad applications. The RC10 chassis was 'different' (aluminum) construction and there were not a lot of early graphite/fiberglass varients of the chassis..... The Losi was introduced about the time that graphite was taking the r/c world by storm.

I have several 'significent' Losi cars and trucks in my collection both cars and trucks - but they need to get cleaned up and properly assembled. At some point (when I get old?) I'll begin assembly and display but for the present I'll probably continue to race (or my version thereof)....

You HAVE raised a good 'deep thought' on this subject though!
Chris, Thats interesting that your thoughts are that alot of cars got cut up to create something else, because alot of the old losi stuff that I have found on the internet has either different front ends or rear ends, bodies, etc... Hmmmmm...

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

V12 wrote:But all in all there are much less JRX style cars than RC10 at Ebay. I have raced both of them in the past but have just some single RC10 parts left somewhere. For the Losi car I think there are about 80 percent of a complete car left including an early chassis of the Proformance kit. Should result in a complete car again .... maybe later this year.
V12, Id love to see the losi when you get going on it. Good luck!

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

For the moment you can see just the body and chassis I will use http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23685

I´m more into onroad cars currently also my RC museum project is taking a lot of time so I fear the Losi have to wait. Even don´t know exactly what parts are missing.
But you never know. :)

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

kaiser wrote:oh c'mon now they are out there. now i'm gonna have to go searching.

edit:

ebay search "jrx2" yeilds 3 decent vehicles on page one.
ebay search "jrx pro" has a minty one on page one. it's not cheap and it's in new zealand (but that's never stopped anyone on these boards)

hang around here long enough and you'll find alot of nice losi's. :mrgreen:

welcome to 10talk btw.
Kaiser, thanks for the reply I saw that minty Pro on ebay. Its been on there for a loooong time. Your right, its not cheap.

As a example of how much of a difference there is between losi and rc10 stuff I went onto ebay and searched two things to check the difference in numbers. I searched "vintage rc10" which is only one certain model.
Results= 1,079. Then I searched "vintage losi" which potentially covers more than a couple models. Results= 572! Wow! :shock: It just sounds strange to me that the numbers are so out of wack.

One thing that I thought of that may be a reason is that losi in those years, made a few back to back cars. I remember saving my money as a kid trying to get enough to buy a jrx2. By the time I had enough the pro came out. I got the pro and it seemed like a couple issues of car action went by and guess what- "coming soon! Losi jrx pro se!" and so on and so on. Its like the apple iphone! :lol:

What im getting at is losi I dont think (definitely could be wrong) didnt have one car out for several years before the next model came out like the rc10, which would allow time for many many purchases of that one specific model. Well.... thats my thought anyway.

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

V12 wrote:For the moment you can see just the body and chassis I will use http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23685

I´m more into onroad cars currently also my RC museum project is taking a lot of time so I fear the Losi have to wait. Even don´t know exactly what parts are missing.
But you never know. :)
I love the body! Even the chassis looks like its in good shape! Seems like there is never enough time in the day doesnt it.

Joe P

Post by Joe P »

kfeldt wrote:If you're patient you'll see JrxPro's, mostly in good shape, come up on ebay.

Keith
I have my eyes wide open keith. As they say, good things happen to people who wait. Although I bet if I wasnt looking for one there would be 10 of them listed right now. :D

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

Joe, wellcome to the "where are all vintage Losi parts club". And then when I found even something vintage losi parts they are sold by valkyrie-rc-motorsports or rc-waffle (for too high price) so e.g. I will not even try to get them. And what there is left after them seller does ship only to US, so I have to ask every time that: "Could You ship to Finland in Europe?". It is just so hard to be a Losi buyer :cry: .

Yours Jirka

iamogre

Post by iamogre »

Seems to me that the losi stuff is rarer on ebay than rc10 parts/cars. Prices are a little higher as well sometimes. Lately there seems to be cars in better condition than I have seen in the past tho. But then again I've been on the look out for a nip trans housing for almost a month now and haven't seen a single one.