Super-Mega-Important Question! (?)

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

toyranosaur
Business Member

Super-Mega-Important Question! (?)

Post by toyranosaur »

Hello Gents: I have decided to re-make some of a pretty popular item from the past- It was called a SCAB (Slipper Clutch Adjustment Button.) The pics should 'splain what it is & how it works, and I've done a bunch of checking of parts #'s, etc. but here is my question for you chaps that live & breathe this stuff. RPM gear covers say they fit the T4, T4.1, SC10, buggies, etc. I use these along with a precisely cut alloy unit to push in, adjust, & then it pops out of engagement from the top shaft nut. Since the covers fit all the different vehicles, and top shafts are the same, it should be a go: I do notice 2 different motor plate part #'s, 1770 & 9600. Are the 1770's just milled & blue but otherwise identical to the 9600? I hope I'm asking this clearly, I'd just hate to put out a bunch of these & THEN find out some snigglin' difference is causing probs- As long as depths are the same or damn close between the motor plate/top shaft length I'm good- The gear/ball diff housing thing should make no difference as long as the top shaft sticks out the same distance within a few mm. So, now that I've confused even myself, any opinions Mates? I count on your expertise when doing stuff like this, so Thank You for any insight! Cheers, Chris REC
Attachments
scabpictop.jpg
scabpicmiddle.jpg
scabpicbottom.jpg

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Super-Mega-Important Question! (?)

Post by klavy69 »

I am pretty sure you're correct in your assumption between the 1770 and 9600 motor plates. Changed out quite of the black ones to the blue milled plates without any issues.

Was brought up by Charliedontsurf in your other thread though about the different clutches. Besides that I feel that one of these will be heading my way as soon as I can scrape up the cash...not saying they are expensive but saying I'm broke :?

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

wait a minute
Approved Member

Re: Super-Mega-Important Question! (?)

Post by wait a minute »

very cool idea.
wait a minute