unbelievable deal

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

illshou
Approved Member

Re: unbelievable deal

Post by illshou »

Now all i need to is stop myself from running the darn thing... :roll:

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Some guys have all the luck... :wink:

Awesome find!
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

illshou wrote:Now all i need to is stop myself from running the darn thing... :roll:
Run it, race it, have it encased in that clear plastic they put bugs in. Whatever makes you enjoy it most!

farmer
Approved Member

Post by farmer »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
illshou wrote:Now all i need to is stop myself from running the darn thing... :roll:
Run it, race it, have it encased in that clear plastic they put bugs in. Whatever makes you enjoy it most!
now that would be bad a$$ have a whole rc10 encased in epoxy resin
than 10,000 years from now they can say look 10,000 years ago people drove in these little cars due to the oil shortage
my spelling not so good! but i can DRIVE the wheels off anything!

besty22
Approved Member

Post by besty22 »

Yeah, Oversized key chain :lol:
Respect - Hard Earned but Easily Lost

illshou
Approved Member

Post by illshou »

Charlie don't surf wrote:
I imagine i'll admire it for a while then pass it on to someone else here on the board...... i'm sure someone would be interested when i'm ready.

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

dang...im scared to ask how much you paid for it since ive seen sealed in box versions just like yours go for 1-2k to the right buyers. nice find...always gonna have that delema open or keep sealed an original freshy.
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

GoldRush wrote:dang...im scared to ask how much you paid for it since ive seen sealed in box versions just like yours go for 1-2k to the right buyers. nice find...always gonna have that delema open or keep sealed an original freshy.
There hasn't been any sealed cars that have sold for those prices in 3 years or so, there are people that list them for that however... :lol:

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

thats why i added the right buyer deal....ive seen some insane prices but if he got it at a yardsale fore less than 100 bucks im gonna go out to the garage and cuss :lol:
do you think its a bad twilight zone episode for team associated to be re producing a buggy from yesteryear that is capable of beating their latest and greatest production buggy?

illshou
Approved Member

Post by illshou »

I don't plan on selling the thing any time soon so i don't suppose it will matter if i let it slip how much i paid since i know what it's worth. So here it goes.... he wanted $150 for the car, radio, charger and some other odds and ends. All nib sealed. Lets just say i paid less than half that.

GoldRush
Approved Member

Post by GoldRush »

illshou wrote:I don't plan on selling the thing any time soon so i don't suppose it will matter if i let it slip how much i paid since i know what it's worth. So here it goes.... he wanted $150 for the car, radio, charger and some other odds and ends. All nib sealed. Lets just say i paid less than half that.
the garage is filled with cuss words. :lol:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

illshou wrote:I don't plan on selling the thing any time soon so i don't suppose it will matter if i let it slip how much i paid since i know what it's worth. So here it goes.... he wanted $150 for the car, radio, charger and some other odds and ends. All nib sealed. Lets just say i paid less than half that.
Good for you!

Harrylarry
Approved Member

Post by Harrylarry »

That's a nice score my guess was 100. You did even better. I'm a mailman and I'm all over the place different towns and routes. I always look at the garage sales and man it's always way expensive go. Buy it new prices or just crap that should have been thrown away years ago. I second the garage filled with bad words. But good score better than being in a landfill or at goodwill.

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

It's a good thing my wife wasn't home to hear the words that just escaped my mouth. :shock:

Incredible find at an even more incredible price...
Something clever goes here...

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

love these kind of stories, glad your enjoying your find. i just missed 4 old car's at a swap meet yesterday, a mate got them though :D